British Iron Grip 2007

mobsterone

5 pics in my gripboard gallery (3 of me with the mdb 1 of me and mob sybersnott posin' and one of me and hubgeezer)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• Hubgeezer

• David Horne

Chris hope you get well soon mate. Massive v bar from you mate.

Dunkster thanks for uploading that to video!!

Yes - pounding v-bar. It may have been pulling it so high and allowing it to rotate that twisted his arm and hurt the bicep.

congrats to everyone, guys! Looks like a brilliant and splendid day 4u all

I feel very sorry for you Chris, and hope you heal fast!

congrats to all, specially to David winning after his bad injury. sorry about Chris' injury. hope it'll heal soon.

Steve, awesome OHL!

Awesome lifting everyone.

Congrats David for another fine win.

Steve is getting stronger and stronger, scary!!!!

All the best for Chris.

Congrats all. The "Novice" class looked STRONG!

congrats to all, specially to David winning after his bad injury. sorry about Chris' injury. hope it'll heal soon.

Steve, awesome OHL!

Thanks but inspired by your efforts (and by locking my hand in to my thigh). Annoyingly I was up and down with this. See my log for full write up.

All the best for Chris.

A half kilo at a time.

The amount of power Chris was putting into his V-Bar lifts was ridiculous. I am sorry to hear it was a tendon snap, but sometimes they can be easier to heal than an actual muscle tear.

great day - super friendly, but highly competitive. Congrats to david, thanks to big steve and the local boys. the highlight for me was sam's mum slapping his face before the grippers :)

get well soon chris, hope that bicep heels stronger than ever for you.

novice next year for me.

Ahh there may not be a novice next year. If you look at both the weights and points top and middle novices were ahead of many of the middle and bottom open members. Having it got us a lot more bums on seats as it were yet showed that the depth of talents is good right across the board. Chris McCarthy (The Mac) may be putting on an event later this year- maybe that could be a novice only event?? I'm sure the big guys can come and put on a display - a master class as it were. Certainly a subject for debate.

Says it all :)

Congrats to all!

Ahh there may not be a novice next year. If you look at both the weights and points top and middle novices were ahead of many of the middle and bottom open members. Having it got us a lot more bums on seats as it were yet showed that the depth of talents is good right across the board. Chris McCarthy (The Mac) may be putting on an event later this year- maybe that could be a novice only event?? I'm sure the big guys can come and put on a display - a master class as it were. Certainly a subject for debate.

My original plan was to put on an Open competition for all (amalgamating the two classes if you like), but I am happy to include a novice class or even make it a novice only contest if that is what the general consensus requires.

My personal view is jump in with the big boys!!

Chris, get well soon, awesome effort, nuff said!

Sam, Kinda Skinny, aintcha?

David, you had that 113, next time, eh?

Elizabeth, good luck today.

Peter, you are NOT a novice!

Mike, GEEZER POWER! Happy Birthday!

Congratulations to Everyone!!! :rock

Sam, Kinda Skinny, aintcha?

ha ha maybe if i stood next to you twig!

Nice lifting everyone!

Congrats on yet another victory, David!

Well that was fun! Impressive performances from both David and Steve, just 3 points in it at the end. Chris would have run them close as well but for the injury, hope it heals up quick, we'd all like to see you in action again soon. Sam would have placed higher but for his wrist injury which cost him on the TTWC. More energy than a box of ferrets, was hublifting and playing with grippers during the breaks and long after the contest was over. Certainly a potential future winner. Andy and hubgeezer were solid all round, but were outmuscled by the impressive spanish duo on the last two events (some forearms on those boys!).

It was clear pretty early on the novice class would be between Pete and Dunkster, both put in strong all round performances. The other 3 of us were all very close in the end. I was satisfied with my own performance, except for the pinch which I cocked up totally.

Open class next year? hmm, well I'll see where another year of training takes me. It's hard to imagine living with the likes of David and Steve though, even if they are knocking on a bit :tongue

and feeling every year of it this morning... David says 'like a car crash'... well I may have been his passenger :unsure

Edited by mobsterone

Im glad its not just me then, my body has seem to have gotten progressively more painful! It certainly didn't help that the night of the competition i was sleeping on somebodys floor!

Edited by Pete1006

I have stayed at several different places since the contest ended, and am presently on the Isle of Man. I have gotten kicked offlne a few times in the middle of a post. I will post my comments later.

Until then, it was a great meet!

Mike

Great day, the atmosphere was fantastic with all the lifters and spectators very friendly.

Thank you Big Steve for the contest and all the others: loaders, sponsors and the referee Nick McKinless.

The battle between David Horne and Steve Gardener was incredible, i think that Steve was at the level of David this day but Horne has a lot of experience. The attempt of world record with a little more of 113 kg was very close, only one inch more or less to touch the wood!! Outstanding pinch!!

But in my opinion the strongest man in the contest was Chris James. This man is from another world, without specific training his lifts are in the elite of strength; his Vbar was ridiculous, without technique only pure brutal strength, he can beat Horne and Gardener!! I'm sorry of his injury, i wish a speedy recovery.

On the other hand, a very humble and very nice man. I hope to see you in next contests! :mosher

Another strongman is Sam Solomi, only 18 and with the bests. He closed a #3 before the contest very easily and put the millenium bell two hands in his shoulder after the competition. You have great potential and i wish to see you close the #4 and lifting the millenium very soon.

All the people was very friendly with my training partner Jorge and me, and I hope to see in future contests. Thank you for all.

See you next year and i wish with better english :whistel

Jose.