Southern Galifornia Iron Grip Decathlon Challenge

supermagnamon

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!! Kevin got certified one the vbar with the 326 (congrats, and im comming after U ;) ) pull and i was only put down as getting the 301, granted that was my last pull for my fourth attempt while kevins last pull was also under the 326 he still got certed for it, so i would like to be reposted with my best pull of 316 and that is on film. i know that they go in 25 lbs increments so the 316 is in the same category as the 301 but that isnt my best number and i would greatly appreciate my best being posted. Thank You Thor.

All kidding aside, I took my very detailed notes, and I included your feat under the controversial piece, "Americans and the Vertical Bar" under the general "Gripboard" section. I even mentioned how close your 326 was, so yes, it was solid at 316. Even though the only person you will be bumping is ME, I agree with you. Mention this to John Beatty, and I am sure he will take care of it for you Adam.

Hubgeezer

Thank you, i was on fatbastard and i saw that and i just wanted my best to be posted, ;) besides you beat me anyways ;)

For clarification purposes, your 301 was done within the confines of the 4 attempts guideline, which was recorded for placing and points. The subsequent succesful lifts, finishing with 316, were done "outside" of the competition, therefore the 316 you performed was not credited for points and placings. However, be that as it may, it was still an excellent :D lift performed within the rules, which has been noted by FB. I should have noted yours and Kevin's 'outside the comp' lifts when I did the writeup...sorry. :bow:bow

And here's the medal breakdown by color:

Bussi (8) 3G, 4S, 1B

Demnowicz (8) 1G, 3S, 4B

Corlett (6) 3G, 2S, 1B

Martinez (4) 2G, 2B

Castro (2) 1S, 1B

Belanger (1) 1G

McCaslin (1) 1B

It should also be noted that Rick Haenel was the only athlete who didn't medal, but should have gotten one based on consistency alone; the spread between his best event score and worst event score was less than 200 points, while everyone else was around 350 (Bussi's best/worst spread was around 450 points). Great job Rick. You get the most improved award, too!

Thanx again to everyone for putting aside your personal matters to attend the competition and making this contest a success!!!! And hoping you guys (and girls) had as good a time as I did!!!!

KM

ps- Anyone wanna buy a Strongman video?

Edited by ironwarrior

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supermagnamon

• ironwarrior

• Hubgeezer

• THOR

Kevin,

Thanks for establishing rules and regulations for gripping events.

If it wasn't for your judging and knowledge in other fields of strength some of these gripping events could get out of hand.

We may not like it when you don't pass an attempt but when you do pass it we know it was done under strict conditions which adds more credibility to the lift.

Here here well put, and i second that.

and kev i knew that the 301 was the only credited one for the competition, it was for the record of vbar on the fatbastard certs is what i was concerned about, and thanks for understanding and having a great competion :rock

hey rick, still continued congrats on ur job at the competition, hope to see u see again ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey what about a mention for the videographer? With out me you guys wouldn't get your o-so-cool DVD and video for certs. I won't even mention the fact that I sat in that gym with you stinky men (and we won't even mention the TV viewing choices), for 12 hrs!

I'm really just giving you guys a hard time, you all did fabulously. Your videos will be a little late in coming as I am in the middle of my last exams/papers for law school - but you'll get 'em.

Fatboy's wife and support team.

P.S. Yeah-yeah, I know, I'm not a member, but my post is still longer than Ronnie's! :whistel

You GO Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, how's that for a Ronnie-esque post????

Oh, and this makes post #50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Cel-l-l-lebrate Good Times, c'mon....!!!!!"

Rick, with the females in the audience making gooo-gooo eyes at you, makes me jealous I'm not young, 6' tall, and blond.

Hey people, congrats to Ronnie Castro (Supermagnonman) for his 2nd place finish in the SupHwt class at the IRON WARRIOR FESTIVAL OF STRENGTH Decathlon. He totalled over 4000 points in a contest that had the 3 powerlifts, Olympic lifts (including the OlymPress), StrictCurl, RollingThunder, LogLift, and 500lb FarmersWalk. Wraps, benchshirts, any other supportive gear/aids were banned...totally RAW!!!!!!!

His lifts were (lbs):

520SQ, 330BP, 585DL, 205PR, 175SN, 235CJ, 130SC, 187RT, 210LG, 61' (no putdowns allowed)

Also, in a grip related newsflash, it appears we may have another up-and-comer on the scene. 21 year old Nathan Wright, who narrowly beat Ronnie to win the Supers, tried the RT for the first time and came through with an AWESOME 207lbs!!!! So he's now on the mailing address for the grip contests, so watch out.

And Overall IRON WARRIOR champion Mike O'Hearn (5200+ points) did a solid 192 with the RT; he looks like he'd do some damage too at a grip contest.

And WOWWW, this contest topic went 7 friggin' pages, not2bad guys!!!!

KM

• 2 weeks later...
and kev i knew that the 301 was the only credited one for the competition, it was for the record of vbar on the fatbastard certs is what i was concerned about, and

Okay Adam your name is in lights now on the website at FBBC.

Hubgeezer

• 4 months later...

Hey, I've been looking over these results and something interesting has shown up: first through third place on the v-bar, Rolling thunder and hub are all shared by the same people. Why do you all suppose that is?

At first I thought maybe it was just exposure to and practice with the events that made it so, but the placing among other contestants was similar too, varying only by one or two places between events. So do all three of these require similar lower arm strength?

The Apollon Axle Deadlift (Double Overhand), The "Phat-Ass" DB 1 Hand Deadlift (3.375" Handle), The Rolling Thunder and Deadlift Hold for Time (500lbs) should be mine for the taking.

Haahaaha its MiNe and MiNe aLOnE !!!

Correction: The Souther California Iron Grip Decathlon Challenge will be held on Saturday, April 29th, 2006.

So, to all of you with grip decathlon experience...do you "pace" yourself, or do you take it easy for the first half then go balls-out the 2nd, or do you go max on every event and hope you have enough left in the tank come events 8, 9, and 10, or do you 'coast' in your weaker events, then turn it on in your stronger events?

:tongue Kevin Meskew :whacked

Really the best thing to do IS do what you can, get some gatorade and a protien bar and get your sh#t together and do a decathlon!