3. Apollon Axle Deadlift (Double Overhand) Supermagnamon

4. 2 Hand Pinch Handgripperman

5. Wrist Roller (75lbs for 5 Feet) Thor

6. Block (3") Handgripperman

7. "Phat-Ass" DB 1 Hand Deadlift (3.375" Handle) Supermagnamon

8. Hub Handgripperman

9. Rolling Thunder Supermagnamon

10. Deadlift Hold for Time (500lbs) Supermagnamon

Here are my predictions. If I have fewer 1st place accurate predictions than Ronnie's above list, I will pay for the pizza for everyone:

1. COC's for time-Dave Tharp

2. Vertical Lift-Handgripperman

3. Apollon Axle DO DL-Maidenfan

4. 2 Hand Pinch-Zach Passman

5. Wrist Roller-Zach Passman

6. IM Block-Handgripperman

7. Phat-Ass DL-Hubgeezer

8. Hub-Hubgeezer

9. Rolling Thunder-Maidenfan

10. DL Hold for Time-Scot Mendelson

I wouldn't venture to guess an overall winner, as it is too close to call.

Hubgeezer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supermagnamon

• ironwarrior

• Hubgeezer

• THOR

I think Tharp will take any thick bar lift. Don't know if you remember Mike (Hub), but Tharp casually high pulled my Inch bell at the first grip of Kevin's grip contests, and then after the grip comp raised both the Inch and the 50lb blob (but not together). Also knocked out 7 reps on a tough #3. Everything else about the placings looks about right though.

Mendelson should give Kevin (handgripperman) a run for his money on the v-bar, too--his hands are like shoe leather.

Mendelson should give Kevin (handgripperman) a run for his money on the v-bar, too--his hands are like shoe leather.

So Zach, are you going?

I was just wondering, who's planning to go, so far? :whistel

Anxious?? haha

Yes. Finally, I will compete in a meet this year where I don't have to worry about wearing a wrestling singlet, squat suit, deadlift suit, wraps and a bench shirt. Also, for someone to help me put on all those powerlifting stuff.

So Zach, are you going?

Yep.

So Zach, are you going?

Yep.

I am sure glad you are. Otherwise, I would be buying pizza for everyone. Of course, I can still get beat out in the number of wins I predict, but I would have stood by them regardless, as those were my predictions.

I am going on record to say I will not be winning the Appollon's Axle in this contest.

Hubgeezer

I'll be changing my predictions then. I think we might have a great contest going.

Anxious?? haha

Yes. Finally, I will compete in a meet this year where I don't have to worry about wearing a wrestling singlet, squat suit, deadlift suit, wraps and a bench shirt. Also, for someone to help me put on all those powerlifting stuff.

HAH!!!!!!!!! The gear should be the least of your worries!! I'm just hoping I have enough cups for everyone to piss into...yes, due to popular demand, we're looking at a drug-free contest, I know a guy who I can send the samples to, I believe somewhere in New Mexico...??? (LOL) :whistel:whistel:whistel

Anyway, it'd be awfully cool if Tharp were to show up; he's one VERY strong SOB. As far as Scot goes, I'm not sure what his grip strength would be like. I imagine his hands gotta be pretty damn tough to able to hold ("rest") 1000+ lbs in them, but not sure how that would translate in crushing or pinching. I've shaken his hand a coupla times, and has very meaty hands.

We'll see how things pan out come Four/TwentyNine/OhSix

Geez'r, I like the Hub prediction, nothing like a little bravado! Gotta love it.

Will be chiming in with my predictions soon, and Mike, I like anchovies and pineapple on my pizza...

ps-single-ply suits only allowed.

pps- IRONGRIP NATIONALS @ Venice Beach May 20th

Kevin

Kevin

I love the sound of Nationals coming to the West Coast. I hope all the big boys in grip could show up at Muscle Beach. I'll work on my biceps so I do a double front bicep pose like Jesse Marunde.

are we talking about thee Scot Mendelson? He's going?

I am about 90% sure i'll be there

I sure hope it's thee Scot Mendelson. Mendy, of course for short. If he goes, I hope he can do a bench demo. That would definitely be cool. If it is him, then I didn't know he was into grip.

Kevin

I love the sound of Nationals coming to the West Coast. I hope all the big boys in grip could show up at Muscle Beach. I'll work on my biceps so I do a double front bicep pose like Jesse Marunde.

are we talking about thee Scot Mendelson? He's going?

I am about 90% sure i'll be there

I sure hope it's thee Scot Mendelson. Mendy, of course for short. If he goes, I hope he can do a bench demo. That would definitely be cool. If it is him, then I didn't know he was into grip.

I don't think Scot even knows about the contest, as I don't believe he's into the Grip Strength scene. He lives not too far from here (SF Valley), so I could send him an invite...

KM

:rolleyes:rolleyes

Looks like the posts have slowed a tad...then how'bout a little input as to the order of events:

1. COC's (hold for time)

2. Vertical Lift

3. Apollon Axle Deadlift (Double Overhand)

4. 2 Hand Pinch

5. Wrist Roller (75lbs for 5 Feet)

6. Block (3")

7. "Phat-Ass" DB 1 Hand Deadlift (3.375" Handle)

8. Hub

9. Rolling Thunder

10. Deadlift Hold for Time (500lbs)

I personally like #'s 1 and 10 where they sit right now < < ; any ideas what order the other 8 should be run? :blink

Also, it's time to nominate the 2005 Calif G'sOY...for

Open (overall)

Master (age 40 and over)

Junior (age 22 and under)

Rookie (newcomer, first contest in 2005)

Dammit Clay, you moved to NM too soon! Nominees must be Calif resi's...

My votes: Open-Kevin Bussi Master-Mike Corlett Junior-Adam Demnowicz Rookie- Adam Demnowicz

Technically, Bussi would qualify as a Junior, but I figure he'd like the more prestigious honor...and this was also Adam's first year in grip. And totalled impressively (3200pts+/-) at the CalifSt contest.

Kevin,

The order that you have the events is the same order as the March of 2005 contest. The only difference is that now, instead of the plate curl, there is the Vertical Bar lift.

I personally am happy with the way the events are now. Seeing as I will not be holding a quarter with a #3, it would be best to my advantage if the grippers were switched in order with the Rolling Thunder. I suspect that if the grippers were the 9th event, then some of the #3 guys would only be #2 guys. I would still be a #2 guy.

I support the way you have it above.

I would also love to see the grippers as the 9th event, right before the trap bar hold. :tongue

Hubgeezer

1. COC's (hold for time)

2. Vertical Lift

3. Rolling Thunder

4. Apollon Axle Deadlift (Double Overhand)

5. "Phat-Ass" DB 1 Hand Deadlift (3.375" Handle)

6. 2 Hand Pinch

7. Block (3")

8. Hub

9. Wrist Roller (75lbs for 5 Feet)

IMO, I would like to see the events go as mention on my list above, if 1 and 10 stays the same. Support grip events first, pinch second and wrists last.

IMO, I would like to see the events go as mention on my list above, if 1 and 10 stays the same. Support grip events first, pinch second and wrists last.

I don't like the idea of bunching the events into similar types of grip, back to back. I think they were mixed the way they were before for good reason. There is a break after 5 events, and after the wrist roll, you need a break. Thick bar events had at least one different type of event between another thickbar exercise. Having back-to-back thick bar, or back-to-back pinch, is not something I would like to see.

Hubgeezer

I don't like the idea of bunching the events into similar types of grip, back to back. I think they were mixed the way they were before for good reason. There is a break after 5 events, and after the wrist roll, you need a break. Thick bar events had at least one different type of event between another thickbar exercise. Having back-to-back thick bar, or back-to-back pinch, is not something I would like to see.

Hubgeezer

I agree--

Keep it mixed up, in the spirit of the decathalon. Otherwise it can get boring.

Zach

Hubgeezer

I agree--

Zach

IC. I understand. I just hope that I don't get cramps that day or the next on my forearms. Also, I hope that my hand doesn't break after all those events. I want to make sure that I can finish all my food that day.

Hubgeezer

I agree--

Zach

IC. I understand. I just hope that I don't get cramps that day or the next on my forearms. Also, I hope that my hand doesn't break after all those events. I want to make sure that I can finish all my food that day.

So, my order of event proposal stands, shall I take it as? Cool, one less thing I hafta "stress" over? I can started on the scoresheet. And Hey Zach, get Planas to come along too! He'd have fun...

Oh, and hey everyone, congrats to Ronnie Castro (supermagnamon) on his 685 lb squat at The Palace last week! And Ronnie, don't worry, there'll be several caring guys there who can feed you if your hands break, either that or help you eat it...

My PP manager Larry is also gonna enter (he weighs between 200-210), it'll be his first grip contest. Heck I might even enter; I need a good ass-woopin' ...

So, my order of event proposal stands, shall I take it as? Cool, one less thing I hafta "stress" over? I can started on the scoresheet. And Hey Zach, get Planas to come along too! He'd have fun...

Oh, and hey everyone, congrats to Ronnie Castro (supermagnamon) on his 685 lb squat at The Palace last week! And Ronnie, don't worry, there'll be several caring guys there who can feed you if your hands break, either that or help you eat it...

My PP manager Larry is also gonna enter (he weighs between 200-210), it'll be his first grip contest. Heck I might even enter; I need a good ass-woopin' ...

Finally, Larry made his decision. He has bigger forearms than I do. I think he'll might surprise ppl on some stuff. He's been talking about it for about a week now. Somebody must of got it through his head.

Is there anyone going to bring any of their equipment that they are willing to bring to trade before, during and/or after the contest? I will be bringing tons of phonebooks for all to tear at the Power Palace or that they can take home for training. My gift to all and plus it will save me some space for my cubicle at work and my room at home. People in my neighborhood hate phonebooks, so they just leave them out there for grabs. Even at the grocery store, I take about 10 of them just to rip them apart in front of pppl. Don't worry. I'm not a pan handler at the supermarket. ;)

Looks like the posts have slowed a tad...then how'bout a little input as to the order of events:

1. COC's (hold for time)

2. Vertical Lift

3. Apollon Axle Deadlift (Double Overhand)

4. 2 Hand Pinch

5. Wrist Roller (75lbs for 5 Feet)

6. Block (3")

7. "Phat-Ass" DB 1 Hand Deadlift (3.375" Handle)

8. Hub

9. Rolling Thunder

I personally like #'s 1 and 10 where they sit right now < < ; any ideas what order the other 8 should be run? :blink

Also, it's time to nominate the 2005 Calif G'sOY...for

Open (overall)

Master (age 40 and over)

Junior (age 22 and under)

Rookie (newcomer, first contest in 2005)

Dammit Clay, you moved to NM too soon! Nominees must be Calif resi's...

My votes: Open-Kevin Bussi Master-Mike Corlett Junior-Adam Demnowicz Rookie- Adam Demnowicz

Technically, Bussi would qualify as a Junior, but I figure he'd like the more prestigious honor...and this was also Adam's first year in grip. And totalled impressively (3200pts+/-) at the CalifSt contest.

Wow, im honored to even be mentioned :cool . Thats ok Bussi can have that one and ill take the left overs... Besides its been a while since any one has posted so i doubt any one will even read this :whistel

HAHAHA I'm so gonna get my ass kicked at this contest. Dead last here I come! Oh well, if I can outperform how I did last year (and that shouldn't be TOO difficult) I'll be content with that.