Tar Heel Hands Of Steel

underdawg

Get that thing ready guys and Chris, you better not make me sick on the 8 1/2 car ride down. :D Get better soon.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• underdawg

• climber511

• Too Tall

• anson

I will breathe on all competitors that beat me so think before you lift!

:rock Great news- grip master Richard Sorin will be at the Tar Heel! Mr Sorin is a very nice guy, I had the chance to talk with him at the GGC, he gave me some really good pointers.

WHOOOOO This THANG is getting serious!

If we got the first Captain of Crush and Blob Master then somebody should call John Brookfield, Dennis Rogers and Slim then we will have to 4 horseman.

GATOR :rock

I checked on the dogs, Kevin. They should be fine.

Everything's coming together for a great contest guys!

Men,

I am still coming to compete...but I have not trained a whole heck of alot in the past few weeks. My Grandfather has been sick...who I am very very close to...and we found out over the past weekend that he has cancer of the pancreas and it has started to spread to other organs of his body(but he is a trooper and will not give up). So...I am not mentally or physically sharpe right now...but I am looking forward to getting away for the weekend and seeing all my grip buds again...and I plan on having a great time.

See you all this weekend,

Chad Woodall

Men,

I am still coming to compete...but I have not trained a whole heck of alot in the past few weeks. My Grandfather has been sick...who I am very very close to...and we found out over the past weekend that he has cancer of the pancreas and it has started to spread to other organs of his body(but he is a trooper and will not give up). So...I am not mentally or physically sharpe right now...but I am looking forward to getting away for the weekend and seeing all my grip buds again...and I plan on having a great time.

See you all this weekend,

Chad Woodall

Chad,

I'm so sorry to hear about that terrible news, hang in there buddy. Just come on out to relax and have a good time. Have a safe trip.

A progress - or lack there of - report. My chest is no better - doc says maybe worse. So now I have a whole new batch of drugs to take and I still can't breath. Good news is he says I can't give it to anyone else so you guys are safe. Both elbows are now sore and I have no idea what caused that either. Darn - I may have to start drinking if this keeps up. But look out come contest day - I'm about due for some good luck! Surrounded on all sides, out of ammunition, situation is dire, I have them surrounded from the inside, I am attacking!

THS new alert: another powerhouse has joined the fray..........Bert Sorin!

Chris- you're a tough old bird, this ain't gonna get you down.

Chad and Chris,

Hang in there guys, you're in our prayers. I know what you are going through, Chad. My grandfather went through the same thing for several years. Stay strong, guys!

Jonathan - thanks for checking on the dogs, I may have found a place for them but it's good to know that if necessary they'll be fine.

Also so what's the line up looking like now for this event?

-Kevin

Anson has the complete list, so I'm not sure. I believe the only additions since his last update are the Sorins.

Jonathan - thanks for checking on the dogs, I may have found a place for them but it's good to know that if necessary they'll be fine.

Also so what's the line up looking like now for this event?

-Kevin

This is what the lineup is looking like, maybe give or take a couple:

gregory allen

stanley branham

anson castelvecchi

jonathan creason

walter crews

john demchak

tommy heslep

john hicks

dave morton

kevin perone

arron provence

chris rice

nick rosendaul

bert sorin

chad woodall

That's an awsome line-up!! :)

Impressive lineup!!

Just got the t-shirts in yesterday, and they look great. If anybody is interested in one we will be selling them for $8 (+ shipping). You can check out the image in my gallery to see what they look like.

You guys want to meet up at the hotel tomorrow night or anything? Figured I could give ya'll some half-way decent directions then.

You guys want to meet up at the hotel tomorrow night or anything? Figured I could give ya'll some half-way decent directions then.

That sounds cool to me...I will be getting there tomorrow at the hotel around 5PM or so. Just let me know

chad

Sounsd good to me to.. as long as I get there in a reasonable time. Google maps is predicting a 9+ hour drive for me, so hopefully I won't get lost along the way and will be there fairly early tomorrow evening.

pc

I won't have internet access the rest of the day, so if any of you guys need anything let Anson know. I'll be at the hotel sometime this evening, probably 7 or so.