Tar Heel Hands Of Steel

underdawg

Chad - I hope you're still in the "big hands" division :blink Be good to see you again. Stay strong - Chris

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• underdawg

• climber511

• Too Tall

• anson

Chad - I hope you're still in the "big hands" division  :blink    Be good to see you again.  Stay strong - Chris

It will be good to see the Geezer Power in action again :bow

See you then Chris :D

I'm in the process of reserving a block of rooms at the Best Western in Salisbury. This is right off of I-85 and only 15-20 minutes from the contest venue. It will probably be right around $60/night, but I'm trying to get a little better price.

Also, anyone that's interested in competing please let us know soon so we can get a pretty good estimate of how many people to expect.

Best Western, Salisbury, NC - 704-633-5777, tell them it's for the contest.

I couldn't reserve a block of rooms, because I couldn't guarantee payment (yep, I'm a government employee), but they have plenty of rooms available. She said to be sure to mention the contest and they'd give you the rate of $69.99 (but you gotta act fast).

I'm going to try to compete just for the experience and to meet everyone. How do you know whether you are in the small hands or big hands category?

Heck yeah I will attend. I'll just be spectating since I just started doing anything with grip this year and I'd like to check out a contest and meet some of these mighty gripsters that I have had the pleasure of learning from via their videos and posts.

Will there be T-shirts available for purchase by spectators as well?

pc

Small hands is 7.75" and under, big hands is anything over that. That's measured from the crease between your wrist and palm to the tip of your middle finger.

Porkchop, hope you decide to compete, buddy. Anson was in the same boat as you about the GGC, but finally decided to compete and had a blast. You'll learn a lot, and there will be a ton of motivation there for some big PR's.

Do NOT come to watch other people have fun - sign up and have fun with us!!! You'll regret it if you don't compete, believe me.

Do NOT come to watch other people have fun - sign up and have fun with us!!!  You'll regret it if you don't compete, believe me.

Yes...you will have a blast no doubt :D You need to compete...it will be a great experience :rock

All right, you guys talked me into it!

I fully expect to come in dead last since I haven't trained any of the events except grippers and I'm FAR from leading the pack in that area as well, but what the heck. I'll do it for the fun and experience and who knows.. maybe I'll get lucky and can nudge someone else out for the next to last place spot, but I won't be holdin' my breath. :D

pc

Porkchop - congrats my friend - you won't be sorry!

Porkchop- if you're going to be there, compete! I went to the GGC 2005 basically ignorant of what would be happening, since my computer is so aged and slow I couldn't even download a PDF file, and couldn't view the events ahead of time. I'd only been doing grip-work for a matter of months, I was 52 years old, and not even that strong. I was ready to back out right up until I got to the table to sign up. I realized right then that I would be my own worst enemy if I didn't compete. I did compete, came in last, had some events I couldn't even do, and had a heck of a lot of fun. I don't think anyone made fun of me, and best of all, I overcame that inner demon of self-defeat, at least for awhile. I'll treasure that experience for a long time. So will you. Just do it, bro!

John Scribner

Yes - John was last but John came out of there with the respect of everyone in the place. No quit, no whining, just pure effort and determination. And there's no doubt in my mind - he'll do MUCH better next time. And John - nobody but nobody made fun of you. You had what many did not, the courage to stand up in front of everyone and put it on the line. That shines with me!

After much encouragement and support, I've decided to compete. Thanks for the helping hands guys!

I've already made my hotel arrangements and just need to send an email to Mr. Creason and get the paperwork taken care of.

pc

Right now our sponsors include:

The Gripboard

Grippermania

Diesel Crew

Fat Bastard Barbell Co.

Heavy Sports Inc.

Erik Vining

I know Anson has been in contact with some other individuals but I'm not sure of the status of those. Looks like we are going to have some great prizes.

Thank you very much to those who have helped us out with sponsorship. We could not be doing this without your support.

Right now our sponsors include:

The Gripboard

Grippermania

Diesel Crew

Fat Bastard Barbell Co.

Heavy Sports Inc.

Erik Vining

I know Anson has been in contact with some other individuals but I'm not sure of the status of those.  Looks like we are going to have some great prizes.

Thank you very much to those who have helped us out with sponsorship.  We could not be doing this without your support.

Cool :rock Those are some great sponsors :rock

I'm heading to the beach next week guys. I think I'll have an internet connection, but if the stripers are biting or the ducks are flying I won't be on here much. If you have any questions send Anson a message.

• 2 weeks later...

So far only one entry form has been recieved. If you're planning on competing please get them in as soon as possible.

YOU"RE the one that went to the beach to laze in the sun and didn't send me the entry form till today. < < I'm still in - entry form will go out tomorrow. Wow - so far I'm in second place! Come on guys - you're not gonna let me place by default are you?

Hey Underdawg send me a form with all the info this just may be my first contest!

I will learn more than I do but that is fine with me.

Come on Dave Morton, Jedd, Tommy Heslep, and all others...this will be a great competition...put on by the NC Crew. Quit being lazy men...and get those entry forms in...it will go down in only a few weeks. You do not want to miss out.

Come on guys- so far I've only recieved 3 entry forms, I know more than that are comming. So far we have:

Dave Morton

Chad Woodall

Gregory Allen

PM me and I'll email you the enrtry form!

Mines on the way!