Volume Training

patrick

My hand is feeling better. I closed my elite several times with little pain today. Ive been for the most part using my grip machine with light weights to rehab it. Seems to be working great so far.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• patrick

• gamidon

• FrankyBoy

• lifesnotfair

My hand is feeling better. I closed my elite several  times with little pain today. Ive been for the most part using my grip machine with light weights to rehab it. Seems to be working great so far.

hope your hands feel better, once you rest up that monster crush of yours will be back in a flash :)

• 5 weeks later...
Are your hands hurt bad or are you just being lazy and unmotivated right now. Or maybe the hard work just got to you to much and you coudn't handle it.

Are you KIDDING Dave? :blink Do you KNOW Patrick? Are you giving him a load of crap because you two are online training buddies? Because otherwise, you sound like an a-hole when you post comments like that. The man has closed a RB300, and a #4...I sincerely doubt he's a stranger to long, hard work! WTF?

• 1 year later...

I can't resist replying to this old log.... man how I wish this guy would still post his workouts, specially after a certain pic I saw on the other forum...

• 9 months later...

Just resurrecting my old workout thread. I will post in here and the 3.5 challenge thread for now. Here was my last work that was already posted in the 3.5 challenge thread.

Nosets felt of today on warmups so I just did MM sets and baby reps for a change.

Hard #3.5 2 sets of 3-reps

Easy #3.5 1 set of 8-reps

Reg. #3 15-reps

Reg. #3 Baby reps or clicks 50-reps

#2 Baby reps or clicks 100-reps

Right now I'm really wanting to get my easy 3.5 for a noset then my hard one for a noset too then hopefully that will lead to more.

Hi Patrick. After I posted that reply about a pic, a couple of guys asked via PM what pic I was talking about. Since you resurrected this I guess I can say it anyways: it was that pic of a bottom two fingers attempt on a #3 that seemed to be 1/4" from closing. To me, that's super impressive, even more than a #4 close!!!

2 little clips I took at work tonight messin around

first is #3.5 gripper for 5 mm reps

wasn't that good of a clip but it is just a clip took at work showing one of my friends what I could do

same with this just was messin around at work

tried a ring and pinky attempt on my new #3

I have got it a little closer than this before

Its quite a time we saw clips from one of the super crushers.

Damn good videos.

At first I expected to see 5mm (metric) reps on the #3.5. :laugh

Then I understood. :bow

For the 2nd vid:

Your two little fingers are superior strrong, that might be a must for closing big grippers considering the leverage they

have on the handles.

My two little ones are soo weak, did u train them individually a lot?

Its quite a time we saw clips from one of the super crushers.

Damn good videos.

At first I expected to see 5mm (metric) reps on the #3.5. :laugh

Then I understood. :bow

For the 2nd vid:

Your two little fingers are superior strrong, that might be a must for closing big grippers considering the leverage they

have on the handles.

My two little ones are soo weak, did u train them individually a lot?

Yes I have trained them individually quite a bit. I use the tugs quite a bit for ring and pinky work along with reg grippers for ring and pinky finger closes. If you haven't ever trained them like that they will be very weak like that but it helps quite a bit for closing big grippers and I think just about anyone could benefit from some specific ring and pinky training.

Patrick,

Are you still doing heavy wrist curls? You were doing some big weights before.

No I'm not doing any wrist curls right now. Other than grippers I'm doing some pinch work and some levering. Really trying to put all my focus on the grippers for now.

Ok this wasn't really a workout but I'm into playing basketball a lot also. Me and my brother were playing and I got this weird idea to to close the gripper with one hand and dunk the basket ball while holding the gripper shut. I did a credit card set on the #3 and dunked the ball while holding it shut. Close gripper first and hold it shut while I dunk the ball. Closing the gripper wasn't hard but it takes some coordination to do it and hold it closed and then dunk the ball holding it closed. Definitely a weird combination. Any I was just screwing around having fun. I wouldn't let IronMind see this thread though or next thing you know.

Edited by patrick

Got several closes with credit card on the #3.5 then tried with video and missed about 15 more tries with the camera so that really sucked.

Reg MM closes

#3.5-5reps

#3.5-7reps

#4 6 tries at 1/8 to 1/4

Tried some pinch grip. Did 2 45s for 10times one hand using pinky and thumb on other hand to help. Could get them barely twice with right hand unassisted.

Edited by patrick