Shrug's Training Log

SHRUG

Tonights workout got cut short to only doing my light upper back and trap work for recovery, I am pissed I did not get to do heavy biceps and forearms because now I will have to make up for lost time tomorrow. Anyway here is how tonights workout went.

Westside Lat Rows

1X50 @ 100lbs (almost all band tension)

Barbell Shrugs

1X20 @ 225lbs (warm up)

1X 60 @ 500lbs (pissed wanted more reps but was burnt from yesterday) Still a PR

1X 50 @ 225lbs (cool down, was gonna do a few more sets but need to heal up)

That was it for tonight, I am really pissed I did not get to finish with what I had planned because now I have to do it tomorrow in addition to tomorrow's workout. Still my back feels really really pumped and I am extremely tight. Let me know what you guys think, later brothers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SHRUG

• tspinillo

• DLK

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kiddin'? 60reps with 500lbs? Is this on a machine? Are you doing this for consecutive reps, or rest pause? Man, that's awesome...

What are you training for, strong man, powerlift contest? How are you doing on the big three??

Jim,

I consider you a friend. I think you're a good kid, and I know you are ferociously strong. BUT, we have rules here, and you are claiming some huge weights for insane #'s of reps.

Please post video.

Doc

Don't get to wound up in getting strong or whatever. As soon as you become a fanatic it will be taken away.

If you guys want some video of my training then I will get some. I did not think anyone would have a problem with the workouts I have done so far. Yes shrugs are by far the thing I am the most freakish at, several members of the board have seen me do them in person and they could back up my numbers if you asked them. However I will start video taping all of my big training sessions and I will post them in big blocks kind of like a DVD of my best lifts, my reasoning for wanting to post in larger sections is because I am not gonna be bothered putting up video every night so that some people will stop questioning me I don't have that kind of time for the very reason that I am really training extremely hard right now. To those of you who don't believe me and want to tear me down, well you just piss me off and make me train even harder. I will post video but not all of the time so I guess I may as well not enter a online training log if people are gonna make a big fuss out of it. I really like keeping a log online and I have nothing to hide but I don't want to be constantly bitched at for not putting up video. I also currently have no training partner which is not a problem for my indoor stuff because I can just set up a tripod so I will get lots of video of my indoor training including shrugs but it will be very hard to get footage of my outdoor training when there is no one around. So this is where I am at right now, I either keep entering this log for the purpose of me reading your responses which I find helpful if you actually suggest something or give me some training ideas or I stop entering my log online and continue in my book that I keep. I don't know why some people would actually think that I would go to the trouble of making up false information and entering it online, I would get nothing out of that and it would be a waste of my time. I am not looking for acceptance or for people to praise my accomplishments I just want people that are interested to look at my log and to give me suggestions according to my goals and if they want to make a remark that they like what I am doing or that they think it is impressive then so be it but that is certainly not my motivation. I write all of this stuff down in a book during my workout as I go along so I can record exactly what I have done, I do not make up or embellish what has actually happened, I have always hated it when people do that. I like to be very accurate in my log for my own personal use otherwise there is no point in having a log at all. I have no problem with going either way, I will either keep doing both logs or I will only do my own personal log, if you guys would like to see my progress then let me know and I will continue with the online log. Otherwise it really makes no difference to me if I do it or not.

I personally think you should keep posting your log. It is totally nonsense if people want to see 'proof' of lifts you are doing. But it is what is going on today on every forum. People start questioning others for their claims, probably because they have never seen eachother and the anonimity internet gives... Braggin' rights that you don't need to back up.

I am still a newbie, but seeing you are pretty known around the board, i think you don't even have to make a video or show what you can do. On the other hand, showing what you can do is offcourse awesome to see and will stop all the non- believers. (i would like to see it too!)

Another thing is that i am on the same line as you. Seeing people that look strong, wanting to be stronger. It is just in my nature to do this, it's in my system 24/7, and i love it. Even though i never actually put it to the test in a contest, or with that particular person, i do test myself to try harder, push harder. Reading your log pushes me to train harder, you are 4 days older than me and hitting weights harder than me. Pisses me off! So reading your log let's me know how you train, and i have something to strive for that i want to attain, and surpass :D

All in all, make a vid, keep your log, there are a lot of people appreciating it.

Edited by DuTCH

shrug , keep up with the log man....i have talked with a few people that have seen you workout in person, you numbers are no joke.

I personally want to see a few video's if possible because i like to see vid's of people moving tremendous amounts of weight.

Jim,

I'm not sure why you got all crazy there. I thought we had a good enough friendship that I could shoot straight with you. Perhaps I miss judged...

If I thought your lifts were BS I would have said so. I hope you know that about me.

I do not want you to stop posting. I read your log, and enjoy it. However i would also like to see this thread stay open, and in order to do that (to my understanding) you will need video proof.

I did not accuse you of falsehood. I asked for video. And did it quite politely (just my opinion).

Doc

Yes, I use straps. I can lift the weight without them but shrugging it would be out of the question when I get near and over 1000lbs.

I hope you keep posting Shrug. I'd love to see some video if possible but if you can't get it, you can't get it, I still like reading it. It's one thing if someone gets on the main forum and starts bragging about World Class Pr's they set, with no video proof, but I don't think you should have to edit your workout log or wait to log it just because you didn't tape the workout.

Keep up the log Shrug! We Know how strong you are and want to see how much stronger you get. I think the video would be cool to see all crazy stuff you do. Keep it up man! :rock

Shrug, If i were you i would take people wanting proof as a compliment. I don't think anyone really doubts you, they just want to see video of some freaking heavy weights being moved around.

I am shooting video of an entire shrug workout on saturday morning.

Cool Shrug. I'd love to see a big raw squat too.

I will start up my training log again after the video of my workout proves my numbers are 100% true. Then I will post my other lifts as I continue to train to someday become the World's Strongest Man. I will shoot video of the lifts in advance that I know will be questioned, I will also shoot video of attempts and send them in wether I am successful at the weight or not so that I can get feedback on the attempt.

I want to see the 500 pounds for a set of 20 rock bottom Olympic squats that I have been hearing about on the board for the last year or more and that i just read about in my new copy of MILO.

Send me the video, I will host it personally on the Diesel Crew site for free. No 20 dollar fee like I have said in the past.

I don't know what your definition of a shrug is, but I'd love to see you do 500 pound shrugs for 60 reps the way I do them. I have heard that your shrugs are very short range however.

I say all this as a brother in strength. I'd tell you the same thing if you were standing right here in front of me. It isn't like our paths aren't going to meet again.

-Jedd-

Jedd, I will send in video of all of my big workouts like I have already stated. I am going to shoot the video of a entire normal shrug workout for me this morning. I will get video of everything else as I will be videotaping all of my PR attempts and many of my entire workouts.

Taped the shrug workout this morning, it went well. I explain everything in the video in pretty good detail. I am gonna try to post it myself if I can figure it out but otherwise I will have to send it away to be posted. I will let you know what happens.