Shrug's Training Log

SHRUG

Starting a training log in which I will record everything I do that is related to my training including diet and sleep. I will include pics and video once I figure out how to upload them. My first entry will be tomorrow as I already trained today and I did not write down exactly what I did. I hope you guys will give me constructive criticism and let me know what you like and don't like. If you have any suggestions, shoot them right out there. I hope that this log will motivate both myself as well as you guys in whatever your goals may be. :rock

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SHRUG

• tspinillo

• DLK

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be great to follow your log Shrug, glad your back!!

Starting a training log in which I will record everything I do that is related to my training including diet and sleep. I will include pics and video once I figure out how to upload them. My first entry will be tomorrow as I already trained today and I did not write down exactly what I did. I hope you guys will give me constructive criticism and let me know what you like and don't like. If you have any suggestions, shoot them right out there. I hope that this log will motivate both myself as well as you guys in whatever your goals may be.  :rock

I will match you hour for hour on Sleep, unless of course you sleep less then 9 hours a night, then i'll just stick with 10~.

Shrug, what are your maxes right now in the powerlifts and overhead?

I will not disappoint you Tom, you know I greatly respect your opinion brother. :rock

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Started off with a exercise that I got from watching Vogelpohl XXX, I call them Westside Lat Rows because they never revealed the name of this exercise in the video. If you have seen the video then you know what I am talking about.

Went light on these today because I want to get increased blood flow to my lats and upper back with the reason that I went extremely heavy on this exercise yesterday.

Westside Lat Rows

1X50 @ 170lbs

1X25 @ 150lbs

1X50 @ 150lbs

Called it quits as my back and lats were burning very badly after my third set and this was for recovery.

Barbell Shrugs

1X20 @ 225lbs (warm up)

1X20 @ 405lbs (warm up)

1X6 @ 585lbs

1X 6 @ 675lbs

1X6 @ 805lbs (felt very easy)

1X6 @ 905lbs (good for at least 200 more lbs today for a set of 6)

Iron Mind Head Harness

I do these in a different style than the other guys on the board do as I have explained before I do them sitting down and it is an actual neck lift not a support, however I do plan on throwing in supports starting next week.

1X5 @ 100lbs (warm up)

1X5 @ 140lbs (warm up)

1X1 @ 190lbs

1X1 @ 230lbs

1X1 @ 280lbs

1X1 @ 320lbs (stayed here today because I have not done these in about 4 months will increase at least 50lbs next workout)

GET A VIDEO ON A 1000LB SHRUG, THAT IS Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ING UNREAL WHAT YOUR SHRUGING... god damn keep it up!

Just a Texas Power Bar, it is badly bent now though. Only good for Shrugs, Pin Pulls, Pin Presses, and extremely heavy Squat Partials, etc.

WOW. Shrug, your name is very deserving! The 405 for 20 warm up is simply not cool!

Inspirational shrug! Keep the reports coming. As you previously mentioned you have a digital video camera, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that any footage would be appreciated, not for proof, just to see and get a glimpse into your heavy training.

Mike

That's some heavy shrugging :blink How much do you deadlift, cause if your shrug is over 1,000 you could just shruglift your deadlift...Huh?

shrug that texas power bar warranted they will give you a new one send it to them or call them :)

Glad to see you back on the board again Shrug. I look forward to reading your log.

I can't wait for my workout tonight, the battery on my dad's digital camera was totally dead yesterday so I could not even get any pics but I will have him charge it up and I will snap a couple of pics of tonight's workout. I am gonna start off with light upper back and traps to get increased blood flow to the area for recovery. I always do this now, whatever I did the session before heavy I do the next session with very light weight for recovery. After light upper back and traps I will train biceps and forearms for my main workout, I will snap some pictures of my heavy sets. And I will also get you guys video of me shrugging once I hit the short term goal I have laid out for myself, lets just say it involves buying some more 100lb plates so I have extra room on the sleeve. :D It won't be long guys I promise. I am also gonna send in video of me doing weighted sit ups with 500+ lbs on my chest. Later fellas gotta go take my supplements, TRAIN HARD!!!! :rock

Band Walking

This is an exercise where you take a jumpstrech band of your choice and put one end around one foot, you then put on your weight belt on and strech the band up and between your waist and the belt, you then put the other end of the band around your other foot.

I used a mini band today as it is the first time I ever tried the exercise. I walked a distance of 1.25 miles making sure to high step all the way, I tried to make sure to bring my knees up to above waist level the entire distance.

The mini band did not seem like much at first but at a moderate walking pace while high stepping and with the weight belt pulling hard on your lower back the entire way it was plenty for my first time.

I just got finished and it feels really wierd to walk without having to push the band tension down, this is gonna be a very very good conditioning and mass building exercise.

2 hours of rest and it is time for workout #2, later guys. :rock

Shrug,

How many hours per day, days per week, etc.. do you spend training lately? Sounds like major volume.

Band Walking

This is an exercise where you take a jumpstrech band of your choice and put one end around one foot, you then put on your weight belt on and strech the band up and between your waist and the belt, you then put the other end of the band around your other foot.

I used a mini band today as it is the first time I ever tried the exercise. I walked a distance of 1.25 miles making sure to high step all the way, I tried to make sure to bring my knees up to above waist level the entire distance.

The mini band did not seem like much at first but at a moderate walking pace while high stepping and with the weight belt pulling hard on your lower back the entire way it was plenty for my first time.

I just got finished and it feels really wierd to walk without having to push the band tension down, this is gonna be a very very good conditioning and mass building exercise.

2 hours of rest and it is time for workout #2, later guys.  :rock

I spend around 4 hours a day usually split into 2-3 sessions and I train 7 days a week now, some of it is recovery work though. If I am not training I am eating and taking supplements, if I am not eating or taking supplements I am either resting or sleeping. I am really hungry to be thet best now, IT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT. If I see a guy on the street that looks like a really big strong guy I find myself wondering how good he is at certain lifts and it pisses me off at the thought that he might be stronger than me on a certain lift, I carry this anger right into my training sessions of the day. I find myself thinking about training all of the time, even in the middle of the night, it is driving me crazy so to get my mind off of thinking about it I just go and do it. 54 minutes till I train again brother, I will update the log when I am done.

I spend around 4 hours a day usually split into 2-3 sessions and I train 7 days a week now, some of it is recovery work though. If I am not training I am eating and taking supplements, if I am not eating or taking supplements I am either resting or sleeping. I am really hungry to be thet best now, IT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT. If I see a guy on the street that looks like a really big strong guy I find myself wondering how good he is at certain lifts and it pisses me off at the thought that he might be stronger than me on a certain lift, I carry this anger right into my training sessions of the day. I find myself thinking about training all of the time, even in the middle of the night, it is driving me crazy so to get my mind off of thinking about it I just go and do it. 54 minutes till I train again brother, I will update the log when I am done.

Lol, you sound like me.

This is just the kind of attitude it takes to become the best. Awesome journal, i will be readingit.