• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pdoire

• mobsterone

• madknight

• Bob Lipinski

Didn't you had this thread http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=20064&st=0

you should know where does the phantom 4 stands.

Elite or #4?

but a gripper with a .295 spring, 3" spread, 1/4" mounting doesn't exactly sound 'Mammoth' - does it?

No it does. Since only few people have closed it I think it is VERY strong. And I think your elite isn't even at half of it's strength.

but a gripper with a .295 spring, 3" spread, 1/4" mounting doesn't exactly sound 'Mammoth' - does it?

No it does. Since only few people have closed it I think it is VERY strong. And I think your elite isn't even at half of it's strength.

Have you ever felt my Elite.... :laugh

Well let's compare the 'P 4' to my own Elite...

Spread: ( 'P 4': 3"), ( Timmy Elite: 2 7/8")

Mounting: ( 'P 4': 1/4"), ( T Elite: 1/16" deeper then Flush - almost touches the spring on the close)

Coil: ( 'P 4 ': Looks tight by the Pics), ( T Elite: A little opened towards the legs)

Adhesive: ( 'P 4': All chrome, so a little slick), ( T Elite: Like a cheeze grator)

So, I do suppose they're close, but the slick handles could be the factor between them.

I have never felt your BBE, but I have no doubt that the Phantom is harder than it.

I have never felt your BBE, but I have no doubt that the Phantom is harder than it.

I have felt the P4 and I totally agree with you Heath.

I said at least twice because there is a BIG chance your Elite is hoseclampfootstompseasonedspringheated gripper. I am not sure but by seeing all your videos and unproven claims i think of that.

I said at least twice because there is a BIG chance your Elite is hoseclampfootstompseasonedspringheated gripper. I am not sure but by seeing all your videos and unproven claims i think of that.

No,

My elite is fine.

I think you should look at the comparison between my Elite and the P4.

Comparsion my ass, the P4 has a severely mean spring. I have a #4 at the house 3 1/8" wide, 1/4" mounting, I have another 3" wide 1/4" mounting, by the "comparision" they should be close. They are very close, if you lay them next to one another. The 3" gripper I have done very well with, the 3 1/8" I have got to about 2". The MM3 is not scary on paper, .306@1/4" mounting, this gripper has given people fits. The only way to compare grippers is to try them next to one another.

Just sign up for the MM ladder and kick all our asses, the rambling off about what gripper you have, how it compares, and blah blah blah means little.

Just sign up for the MM ladder and kick all our asses, the rambling off about what gripper you have, how it compares, and blah blah blah means little.

:D You very very right :D If you think your Elite is stronger then I think you won't have a problem repping the MMG6. Like Dutch said, do a little more walking and a little less talking :D:rock

you guys, you are not really being fair to Timothy

his Elite is probably super hard because compared to the other grippers he owns that have been hoseclampfootstompseasonedspringheated are not that bad

I mean, when you hoseclampfootstompseasonedspringheated a gripper, it just aint so bad after a while

I don't see what there is to understand

:trout:trout:trout:trout:trout:trout:trout

Really what is the point of hoseclampfootstompseasonedspringheating a gripper. To show everyone you can close a #4 that feels like a #2? I don't beleive shit untill I see where you are on the MM ladder. :)

One thing I know is not to get into an argument with Heath about grippers. If there is one guy who has done it all, it is Heath.

One thing I know is not to get into an argument with Heath about grippers. If there is one guy who has done it all, it is Heath.

Your right Bob...Heath is one of the best :bow:bow:bow

• 2 months later...

One thing not compared in Timmy's comparison is actual spring material! :rolleyes

A difference in material composition can have a vast influence on how a spring will react. Same as a mild steel bar will be a whole lot easier to bend than an inconel bar of the same diameter. :whistel

Edited by Autolupus

• 1 month later...

In the ranking list that includes the HGs, the HG350 is given higher ranking than the HG400, is this a typo, should they just have their positions reversed?

In the ranking list that includes the HGs, the HG350 is given higher ranking than the HG400, is this a typo, should they just have their positions reversed?
It's not a typo, the HG350 is harder than the HG400. Most HG400's are around a #3 in strength, give or take.

Hmmm had a feeling it wasn't a typo! That's kinda strange 'ain't it! :blink

In the grip board don't ever see the numbers on the grippers. people only use CoC grippers as a reference from other grippers.