Challange Dlk

DLK

I am fairly new to the grip game but see people post challanges and like to propose one myself. My current level of grip strength is not too high i can close the #2 for 4 reps, I have a homemade RT and have done 150 on it my first try. Anyone with about the same level of strength out there?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DLK

• pdoire

• mossman

• underdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

DLK, i propose you go straight to the SM...from everything i know about HG300's, they are above an SM...feel free to prove me wrong...however, im getting an SM shortly, so if you havbe one i will take you up on that...im just a little above you, i can close my severly filed #2 for 4 reps.......let me know what you think...also, state how you want the close.....no set, Table no set, credit card, 1'', whatever

Ok then. i have seen alot of videos on here and see how the reps are and when I did my I let the gripper fall all the way back to the starting point whuch was credit card. I order one before the week is out and the HG 300 if its next in line. The sets is up to you because I haven't never done anything but credit card.

12-01-04

FIRST ACTUALL GRIP WORKOUT

RH

#1-4

#2-2 neither touched

#2-1 no touch

Worked on setup

#2-2

#2-2

#2-2

#2-2

#2-2

#2-6 PR

Ivanka gripper (don't know how accurate this is)

219-1

LH

#2-1/16" to close

#2-same or closer with hold

#2-1/8" with hold

#2-1/8" with hold

#2-1/8" with hold

I did deadlifts last night and it probably wasn't the best day for this but oh well I hit a big PR. I will do some other grip things later tonight.

Do you guys think it would be okay if I did some pinch block tommorow then some RT stuff a few days after that? OR just wait a few more days and do them together?

12-04-04

FIRST PINCH WORKOUT (alternate right and left hand)

RT

Rh 55-3 with hold

90-2 with hold

115-1

130-1

160-x

160-1 PR came off ground and fell out of hand

LH 55-3 with hold PR

90-2 PR

115-1 PR

130-1 PR

140-hover

5.5" pinch

RH

15-3 with hold

20-1

30-1

35-X

LH

15-3 with hold PR

20-1 PR

30-1 PR

35-x

3" pinch

35-1 PR

45-1 PR

55-1 PR

65-1 PR

70-x

LH

35-1

45-1

55-1

65-can't remember I think fail

2 25 pinch from hand to hand

5 trades

3" pinch

RH

70-1 PR

This was my first actual grip workout and it tore almost all the skin off my thumbs. I don't know how heavy to progress from week to week because 5 pounds on squats is alot different from pinch. We'll just have to see. What does eveyine else think about how I'm doing?

Depends on who you got it from. Anything from Warren usually gets there in just a few days. WW Warehouse typically takes a little longer. By the way, nice pinching, very impressive.

dude. bencrush is letting me use his SM for a period of time....ill let you know when i get it(it was sent out on saturday i think) and when you get yours tell me...then we can begin

12-08-04

Met Anson and did some bending, grippers, and block weights. Didn't keep track of what I did. Really first try with #3 got in a hair under 1/2" with no set. Got it to 1/4" in a choker set to par. First time bending bent some 40P and kink in 60P nails. Deadlift clean and press 35 blob both hands and pick 50 blob up with both hands and held for a sec. with right hand for a few sets. Bend some 1/2" 3ft. steel. Also messed around with some kettlebells. I am going to start bending so we'll see how that goes.

Edited by DLK

Thanks bencrush.

12-10-04

Did a little with grippers got @2 closer than ever with left on first try it might have touched but not sure. Did a couple singles with right and tried some more bending. Put a big kink in 60P nail and did some 40P. I have been trying too do to much right now. I am going to focus on grippers and pinch for awhile. Right now bending is hurting my wrists and I cannot put all my effort into grippers. I'll put it off for awhile.

12-13-04

Did grip workout after bench earlier today.

RH (alternating hands)

#1-4

#1-1

#2-1

SM set at little past par.-1 PR Crushed

SM 1 1/8”-1 PR Crushed

1 ¼”-1 MM PR

CC close-1/4 PR

1 ¼”-1/8”

ISG neg

285-1

285-1

285-1

LH

#1-3

#1-1

#2-1 mm

#2-1 PR

#2-1/16

#2-1/8

SM 1 ¼”-3/8 PR

SM CC-little past par.

#2 1 ¼”-1 mm PR

ISG NEG

253-1

253-1

253-1

Hot/Cold contrast bath

Pretty good workout. Suprised with the SM after bench workout. Nothing hard untill choker set at 1 1/4", everything else crushed. and finaly close #2 with left. Left hand and ISG NEG lagging. Have never done the NEG but they hurt. I will have to work on them.