And The Winner Is......

smitty

No Rick, I said you need to squeeze harder! Shrug, this is a Baseline brand dyno.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick Walker

• Tom of Iowa2

• smitty

• Mikael Siversson

Guys we had a ball. Very professionally done. It was nice meeting everyone, Especially Clay,Pat, Steve W,and the bloody wanker (Your still a bender) :laugh

It was great to see the BFGS crew again and spend more time with Tommy ( you are truly gifted Tommy) Jedd and Smitty Outstanding. Jedd you took us into your house like i was your family, your family is great, the food was excellent and the time was the best.........Pat i wish you didn't give me that horseshoe now i have another addiction :D

Ahh, now I can say THANKS for a great competition, and for letting me in on the fun. I had a wonderful time, and got a lot of great advice from so many people. Very impressive stuff all around!

-Diann

Sounds like a great contest. Are you guys going to put out a results list that shows what everyone got in every lift? It would be cool to see where we would fall under similar circumstances. Great job on the contest as it sounds like everyone had a blast.

I'm sure they will as it was on excel on the big projection screen at the event. I know most of my numbers but would still like to see them again.

Guys we had a ball. Very professionally done. It was nice meeting everyone, Especially Clay,Pat, Steve W,and the bloody wanker (Your still a bender) :laugh

It was great to see the BFGS crew again and spend more time with Tommy ( you are truly gifted Tommy) Jedd and Smitty Outstanding. Jedd you took us into your house like i was your family, your family is great, the food was excellent and the time was the best.........Pat i wish you didn't give me that horseshoe now i have another addiction :D

What ever Rob and Rob W are on - I want some!! These guys are insane!! :tongue

I never would have thought I would have the privalage to have you guys at MY house. Thank you very much for the entertaining night.

-Jedd-

You guys gotta see Jedd rabbit punch that speed bag. Sounds like an AK47! The rest of us were swinging like drunken idiots searching for a rhythm

Edited by ClayEdgin

You guys gotta see Jedd rabbit punch that speed bag. Sounds like an AK47! The rest of us were swinging like drunken idiots searching for a rhythm

Hey, it works great for the tendonitis prevention and active recovery - let me tell ya.

The skill is doing it how Dan and Robbie do it.

-Jedd-

Outstanding event! Smitty and Jedd my hat is off to you guys and the others behind the scene. Great job! Congrats to the champion Rob W. and Kurt lane for Diesel award and to all that were in the comp. great sportsmanship.

Steve, thank you from traveling so far and doing so well. 24 hrs awake before a class event and placing like you did. Wow! The grade 8 bolt bend was very impressive and that was a huge kink in that red nail my friend. Oh yes the full pull on the inch, BRAVO!! Loved seeing that! It inspired me. DOMINATE!!!!

Some of the high points in the comp. I witness and man there was a lot. Not in any order. Rob W. cleaning 2 inch smooth bar from Atomic 145# 7 foot long and pressing it. Oh yes, curl clean! Freaky man. Pat yer shoe bending very nice my friend. Steve W. yer blob lifts. Great job! Honor to meet you guys. Tommy pinching 217#. Truely world class! Clay, what can I say at 24 and doing the strength things you do. Speachless! Guys this young, kind man has an A game in grip. Jedd, dude your got thick and beastly. You are my vote for most improved gripster of the year. You left your skin on the metal man. There were more reds bent cut down then bent at 7 inches. 6 inch red got 4th or 5th unheard of. TPS guys thank you for coming ya'll are a fine group of people. Honor to meet you!! Dinia great drive you had! Jon M. the 435# each hand farmer pull mind bending! And the 145# on the Atomic bar pressing over and over and over. Thats some shoulder strength. Jon M. you have come a long way, very impressives showing. Keep the numbers climbing. Dave Morton, thank you for the gifts and placing like you did on a week of training. Well, there must be something in them hot dogs you eating. Freaky strong you are. And do me a favor stop crushing my hand with that handshake. It hurts! Thanks to all the sponsors without you guys these World Class grip event would have never happened.

Wolt, Eli, Lane, Doc, Jon, Rob, Excellent showing my friends. You are true Gents! Roger nice talking to you and have some great new toys. That hammer was a blast!

Oh yes Dave Morton did pick the blob up a few times. And Rob W. picked the blob up by the face and cleaned it with ez.

Thanks for a great show Smitty and Jedd!

Steve, you said a mouthfull there. First off thanks for the compliments on my improvement. It's been a year of planning, positive thinking, and hard trainging, believe me.

Steve G. should be commended for his top performance in this contest after traveling so far and long. Quite a nice fellow. I enjoyed meeting you.

The TPS guys should also be commended for how well they did. They have very little technical grip experience. Diane and the guys that came are some quality folks, and know how to train for strength. No question there. Gotta hand it to Diane who stepped up there. Dave Memont competed with the leftover condition of a torn bicep, and then ended up popping something in his gut on a bend. Jim Murphy came down and hung with Mannino and Steve in the Farmers lift. So did Rick Walker. Both are about 210 while Pexter is like 290. They all got 400 plus in the farmers lift, if I remember correctly. Murph, TPS, leader, is gonna be a presence in grip for a long time. I saw the spark in his eye. Thanks for coming, big daddy.

Dave Morton has the most vicious handshake in Gripland - no doubt about that.

Doc, Nick, Wolt, Lane - coming in here and performing at the level you guys are at fresh into the sport - much further along than I was a year ago. You'll probably shoot by me in no time.

Can't wait for the niext one, I can tell you that.

-Jedd-

thanks jedd, it was a blast.

I'll be ready for next year though. I hit some pr's though. My first 60d bend. then i went right for the G8 to try and boost my rankings. I'll get it though. I had a going a bit looking at the video, but i didn't keep it going.

Are the events going to be exactly the same next year? If so, excellent. It means I can start training for them right now. ;)

One of the coolest things I witnessed, and no one has mentioned this yet, was Big Robby V. hoisting the 50-pound blob by the face with ease. He then strolled over and mashed the Heavy Grips 400 like it was a T.

:yikes:bow:mosher

Rick Walker :rock

One of the coolest things I witnessed, and no one has mentioned this yet, was Big Robby V. hoisting the 50-pound blob by the face with ease.

How many people have ever done this?

THis must be a very short list.

I watched him clean it like Jim Wylie did in the one Gripboard video by the face!

-Jedd-

I watched him clean it like Jim Wylie did in the one Gripboard video by the face!

-Jedd-

Holy Sh#!..... :blink

So just a couple of people have ever done that?

perhaps Wade also?

That might be it?

I thought I saw him clean and press it by the face, but I wasnt sure. So much went on. I am glad you witnessed it too Jedd.

As far as how many have done it? None that I know of.

He also broke half a 75 York off the ground.

Not by the face.

Not the normal way.

But-OVER THE TOP. :yikes

That was as impressive as the 50 by the face.

As a fair to midland lifter myself(mediocre in the BIG scheme of things)with a slightly above average grip and as a forever fan of strength and power and all "iron sports"................this is what I like to hear about. :rock

Edited by Tom of Iowa2