NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hey, my name is Sam and i'm from a city called Hull, Yorkshire here in the UK. Registered my account back in 2007 when I first started getting into grip training but never made any posts due not having the internet at home and only used my research when should have been studying (as you do)!! Back then I purchased 3 grippers that I could only afford on a student wage which was a cheap plastic handled gripper (to warm up with), a HG200 and a HG250. After few month the HG200 could easily be closed for 25+ reps on both hands and I only ever managed to close the HG250 once with my RH.

Now 6 years later I have started to build up my collection with the IM CoC and with my parents recent trip to NY, they brought me some more items for my collection along with my CoC card!! Them 6 years have been filled with everything else but grip training (family and work etc...) so now things are settling down I can concentrate back with what I enjoy to do! Within purchasing my CoC #1 I could close it for few reps and had tried my hand at the 1.5 brought back from NY which again one in each hand was achievable. With the #2 now in my sights and only 2-5mm away with the RH i'm sure it won't be long before I get there! I also have the Sport, Trainer, HG250 and CoC #3.

Looking forward to getting some inside help on bettering my performance with the guys in the know!!

Hello everyone!
My name is Daniel Böhme. I'm Norwegian and 21 years old (soon 22). I am 177 cm tall and weigh about 75 kgs for those who wonder.
I am starting a new training log about my grip training under the "workout reports and training routines" section. I am not a new member here, but I have never posted before. This is about my lifetime goal of certifying on the Captains of Crush #3 gripper. My training log will consist of what I train with, how I train, my ideologies and what has worked for me. The reason why my training might interest some people is that my hands are only 7 inches long. That is right. Extremely small hands.

I can start saying that I have been doing grip training on and off for maybe around 5 years, but I started seriously training again earlier this year. I started grip training when I got my first Captains of Crush set which consisted of the Trainer, #1, #2 and #3. Later on I got the #1.5 and #2.5.
When I first tried them out I could barely close the Trainer with my right hand. I could not close it with my left hand. Right now I am about 2 millimeters from closing a choked #2.5 gripper with my right hand. With my left hand I can close a filed down choked #2 gripper. I am doing negatives with the #3 with the right hand and #2.5 with the left hand currently. Why all the choker work?? Check out my training log for answers!

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel Böhme. I'm Norwegian and 21 years old (soon 22). I am 177 cm tall and weigh about 75 kgs for those who wonder.

I am starting a new training log about my grip training under the "workout reports and training routines" section. I am not a new member here, but I have never posted before. This is about my lifetime goal of certifying on the Captains of Crush #3 gripper. My training log will consist of what I train with, how I train, my ideologies and what has worked for me. The reason why my training might interest some people is that my hands are only 7 inches long. That is right. Extremely small hands. I can start saying that I have been doing grip training on and off for maybe around 5 years, but I started seriously training again earlier this year. I started grip training when I got my first Captains of Crush set which consisted of the Trainer, #1, #2 and #3. Later on I got the #1.5 and #2.5.

When I first tried them out I could barely close the Trainer with my right hand. I could not close it with my left hand. Right now I am about 2 millimeters from closing a choked #2.5 gripper with my right hand. With my left hand I can close a filed down choked #2 gripper. I am doing negatives with the #3 with the right hand and #2.5 with the left hand currently. Why all the choker work?? Check out my training log for answers!

Welcome! Looks like you and I are pretty similar in crushing strength right now with the same goal of certification. Good luck in your progress!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

My name is Hector from NYC. I'm 41 years old 180lbs. I got involved with grippers around 3 years ago. Soon after that I got involved with bending after seeing a few YouTube videos and was impressed with the feat. After learning as much as I could about bending on the internet I purchased some DVDs. I'm currently bending 7" L drill rod in single imps and, N and O 7" drill rod in doubles using DO style. My interests now are to progress in singles and also with reverse and DU styles. I'm also working on increasing overall grip strengh.

Hello everyone,

My name is Hector from NYC. I'm 41 years old 180lbs. I got involved with grippers around 3 years ago. Soon after that I got involved with bending after seeing a few YouTube videos and was impressed with the feat. After learning as much as I could about bending on the internet I purchased some DVDs. I'm currently bending 7" L drill rod in single imps and, N and O 7" drill rod in doubles using DO style. My interests now are to progress in singles and also with reverse and DU styles. I'm also working on increasing overall grip strengh.

Welcome!

Hello, everyone,

My name is Manuel and I am 20 years old. I am from Southern California and I began grip training towards the end of the summer of 2014. I am 5'7" and I weigh 150 lbs. I began with the CoC 1 gripper and then incorporated support and pinch grip exercises over time. I can close the CoC No. 2 with my right, and the 1.5 with my left. My goal is to close the 2.5 by the end of this year.

Nice to meet you guys

Hello, everyone,

My name is Manuel and I am 20 years old. I am from Southern California and I began grip training towards the end of the summer of 2014. I am 5'7" and I weigh 150 lbs. I began with the CoC 1 gripper and then incorporated support and pinch grip exercises over time. I can close the CoC No. 2 with my right, and the 1.5 with my left. My goal is to close the 2.5 by the end of this year.

Nice to meet you guys

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hello, everyone,

Nice to meet you guys

That's damn good base strength for a guy your size man. You should consider competing, you'll be an immediate contender in your weight class.

Hello, everyone,

Nice to meet you guys

That's damn good base strength for a guy your size man. You should consider competing, you'll be an immediate contender in your weight class.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I will definitely consider competing.

Hi, my name is Riccardo Magni. I have been competing in powerlifting /strongman/highland games/track and field for 19 years.

I have done two grip contests so far and really enjoyed them.

I'm competing at the LA FIT EXPO in 3 weeks. I'm in good shape and excited for the contest!

Hi, my name is Riccardo Magni. I have been competing in powerlifting /strongman/highland games/track and field for 19 years. I have done two grip contests so far and really enjoyed them. I'm competing at the LA FIT EXPO in 3 weeks. I'm in good shape and excited for the contest!

Welcome!

Hey I'm Chris, I found out about the grip training community through strongman training. I want to improve my grip strength program, get certified on the CoC #3, and start entering some grip contests. I'm 6'1, 290lbs and currently located in central Ohio.

Great to meet you guys!

• Like 1

Hey I'm Chris, I found out about the grip training community through strongman training. I want to improve my grip strength program, get certified on the CoC #3, and start entering some grip contests. I'm 6'1, 290lbs and currently located in central Ohio.

Great to meet you guys!

Great to have you Chris! I'm in southern Ohio myself so perhaps we will cross paths one day.

• Like 1

I'm glad to be posting.

A frozen Manitoban here, slowly working his way to closing a #3 (CCS'd an easier 2.5 recently), and bringing an abysmal 2hp up out of mediocrity. I enjoy the variation in hand and wrist strength events, and the carry-over to my job on the tools has become apparent over the past year of slowly incorporating pinch blocks, thick(er) bars, levering, and grippers into my routine. Strong hands are indeed healthy hands!

I look forward to getting the most out of these average-sized mitts while staying healthy and physically balanced. I also enjoy building my own equipment, whenever possible. I never thought that I would wander around a scrap yard thinking, "yeah, with a little yelling, I could get a grip on that chunk of cast". Grip has given me a great reason to dust off the tools and crack open a new box of rods.

It's been a great resource lurking thus far, and I may start up a log here for some feedback as I learn better ways to approach the sport.

• Like 1

Great to meet you guys!

I'm glad to be posting.

A frozen Manitoban here, slowly working his way to closing a #3 (CCS'd an easier 2.5 recently), and bringing an abysmal 2hp up out of mediocrity. I enjoy the variation in hand and wrist strength events, and the carry-over to my job on the tools has become apparent over the past year of slowly incorporating pinch blocks, thick(er) bars, levering, and grippers into my routine. Strong hands are indeed healthy hands!

I look forward to getting the most out of these average-sized mitts while staying healthy and physically balanced. I also enjoy building my own equipment, whenever possible. I never thought that I would wander around a scrap yard thinking, "yeah, with a little yelling, I could get a grip on that chunk of cast". Grip has given me a great reason to dust off the tools and crack open a new box of rods.

It's been a great resource lurking thus far, and I may start up a log here for some feedback as I learn better ways to approach the sport.

Welcome guys!

• 1 month later...

Hey all. Kurt Klunder here, I'm from Northern Wisconsin, been interested in all things grip for about 6 years now. 5' 10", 285 pounds. Been an overseas contractor for 8 years after doing 6 years in the USAF.

I can rep a #1 coc for about 5 times. I can almost close the 1.5, and I can get a #2 to about parallel. Looking to eventually get certed on the #3, 3.5, and 4. Maybe in another lifetime lol. Looking to have fun and get some good advice.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey all. Kurt Klunder here, I'm from Northern Wisconsin, been interested in all things grip for about 6 years now. 5' 10", 285 pounds. Been an overseas contractor for 8 years after doing 6 years in the USAF.

I can rep a #1 coc for about 5 times. I can almost close the 1.5, and I can get a #2 to about parallel. Looking to eventually get certed on the #3, 3.5, and 4. Maybe in another lifetime lol. Looking to have fun and get some good advice.

Thanks!

Good luck with that 4 cert

Thanks!

Welcome!

Hi ! My name is Allan.

I've been training about 23 years. I've worked on grip specific training the entire time, but didn't know what the heck I was doing for the first years (no internet back then and grew up in country, 20 miles from town)

I've trained powerlifting and using body weight at times in all the years I've worked out. Now a days I do a hybrid system of mostly body weight but I also use weights for grip training.

Sometimes I train grip 7 days a week and sometimes I train grip once a week. I listen to my body vs having a program to follow.

I do farmers walks and various other grip training methods that are mostly home made, although I do use dumbbells for farmers walks. For example I have a WW2 canvas bag that I put gravel and dirt in. Then I cut a branch off a tree (thick handle) and tied a rope from it to the bag, and I curl that sometimes and do all sorts of grip stuff with it. I vary the thickness of the handles on the dumbbells that I use for farmers walks using duct tape and or other kinds of tape.

Grip training is my priority. If you cant grip it, you cant lift it. And strong hands mean strong body.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to grip training, mostly my training is based on fat gripz pullups, towel pullups, fingertips pushups,

and of course some grippers.

Still humbled by a #1, the road is gonna be long that's why i bought the RRBT program to get good foundation.