John O'brien

JohnOBrien

Bending workout.

Galv. 60d x 5

Bright 60d x 5

Black 60d x 1

IM Red x 1

6.5" x 5/16" FBBC Stock x 1

That cut down FBBC stock was a monster! Much tougher than a 6.5" Red IMO. I haven't been bending much lately so some of the sensitivity is coming back into my hands, but that thing was tough!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnOBrien

• Clay Edgin

• tmmicklabs

• BJones

Nice work with that cut-down FBB! New PR? I tried a 6 incher yesterday and got it just past 90 degrees. I'm hopeful I'll get it soon, as it was quite a bit off center, and the first 80 degrees or so was relatively easy.

It was a PR for the FBB stock. I've done a 6" Red, but I think the 6.5" FBB was only slightly easier than the 6" Red.

Today, I tried my hand at a little bit of braced bending.

12" x 3/8" Timber Spike (annealed) x 1

12" x 3/8" Timber Spike (as purchased) x 1

I read on the P&B board how one guy was annealing his spikes before bending them and thought I'd give it a try. It was rediculously easy. I don't know what I would compare it too, but it wasn't any more difficult than doing a 60d unbraced. Then I did one as purchased and it was a whole different story! The key is getting the initial kink deep enough that you have enough leverage to keep it moving after posting it on your leg. The crush down wasn't bad at all, but getting to the crush is a bear. After your done, they look awesome!

G2 Break x 1

Galv. 60d x 10

Bright 60d x 5

Black 60d x 5

Red x 1

This was supposed to be my volume day, but everything felt so good, I had to U a Red at the end. Can sure tell I haven't been bending much lately because it was way too hard. My hands have gotten soft and I was having a hard time keeping my arms from shutting down. Only one solution that I know of though... Bend More!!!

Bench - 3x280,300,315,335,350PR

Wide Pullups - 5x5xBW

DB Incline - 3x8x95's

Hammer Machine Rows - 8x270,320,360

Hammer Machine Bench - 8x270,320,360

Curls - 5x140

DB Curls - 2x5x65's

Speed Military - 6x3x135

Good workout today. Pretty happy with the bench workout since I haven't been quite that heavy for awhile. Last set of DB Inclines felt the best, took awhile to find my groove. I really like the Hammer Strength machines (as far as machines go). I'm sure the weights are off, but the last set did feel pretty heavy.

-----Bending-----

G2 x 2 (broke one of them)

Galv. 60d x 5

Bright 60d x 5

Black 60d x 5

Red x 1

Red still didn't feel quite right. I think all the volume at 6" is throwing me off again. Need to concentrate on 7" bends for awhile to get that groove back.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted a workout for awhile, but I have been bending here and there. Had a nice workout today and hit a new PR!

G2 x 3

Galv 60d x 4

Bright 60d x 6

7" x 5/16" G2 x 1

3/8" x 7" Carraige Bolt x 1

7" x 5/16" FBBC x 1

6.5" x 5/16" FBBC x 1

6" x 5/16" FBBC x 1 :D PR

On the easier bends I was finishing off some stock that I had (now I'm out of nails and G2's) and warming up throroughly. 7" FBBC felt very tough, but well under 1 minute. 6.5" FBBC significantly tougher, but well under 2 minutes. Rested for about 15 minutes and went after the 6" piece, and it felt the best of the three, although it probably took me around 3.5 minutes. Need to order some 6" stock from Beatty and certify on it soon (that's still a pretty short list).

Thanks Clay! I'm going to try to certify those two bends this week if everything comes together.

Here's what I did today...

Black 60d x 5

G5 x 1

G8 x 1

Square 6" x 1/4" x 2 (pretty easy)

7" x 5/16" G2 x 1

7" x 5/16" G5 x kink (barely)

7" x 5/16" Square x nothing

Finally found some square stock and thought I'd give it a try. Judging by the difficulty and what the FBBC rates at (via Eric Milfield) this was pretty easy square stock. Even so, I couldn't so much as budge the 5/16" square. My kink on the 5/16" G5 was better than my last try (it was visible without laying it on my desk), but there is still a long way to go on that bend!

Good luck on your certs, John.

You'll knock 'em down.

Thanks Franky, everything went well!

Picked up the 7"x5/16" G5 I've been working on for awhile now and took it from about an 80 degree bend to having the ends at ~2-1/4 inch apart. This is the one that I had to cheat the kink on, so even when I get it to 2", it won't be a real PR, but I am getting closer...