• gazza

4/15

2 HD TT's

1 60D Nail

1 6"x5/16" brass

1 5.5" Grade 8 bolt

1 5" Grade 5 bolt

10 6"x5/16" brass

These bends all felt great except the 5" Grade 5. I think it is because I don't practice much with anything below 5.5" and it felt awkward after the first kink.

1 5.5" Grade 8 bolt

1 5" Grade 5 bolt

:bow:bow

Maybe you should try a Red next time David !

Agree.

David, I just had to try a 5 1/2" grd 8 today, and I've gotta say it's not all that much easier than a Red. You are super close! Ride the wave buddy! :rock

Thanks guys.

I had a horrible bending day last night and am probably going to take a few days off to heal. I'm looking forward to bending on thursday or friday again.

Did some light sledge levering last night and then did a contrast bath for a long time. My hands are already feeling better again. Thursday I'm going to do a volume day with only 60d's and then try some heavy stuff again on Sunday.

4/22

30 60D Nails

Bending felt good again today. My hands were warmed up from doing atlas stones just before but some of my larger muscles like my lats, biceps, and forearms were shot. The double overhand technique that I use between double underhand and the crushdown felt a lot harder than normal. I'm looking forward to bending some thicker steel on Sunday.

4/25

My hands felt better than I expected going into the bending session.

2 HD TT's

1 60D

1 6"x5/16" brass

1 6"x9/32" drill rod

1 6"x.302" drill rod

1 7"x5/16" HR steel (off-center bend)

1 7" IM Red

1 290K C-bar

1 7.5"x11/32" brass

I wasn't planning on trying the red today, but my hands felt quite good and the 7" HR bar went down pretty well. The red and the 290 felt tough and I'm not sure which is harder. My hands hurt again afterwards but I don't care. I'm going to have to re-assess my bending goals for feats with hands this summer.

Phenomenal progress, Dave!

Just out of curiousity, will you seek Irom Mind certification for your Red bend? Should be a breeze for you, having destroyed that crimson steel in 30 seconds!

Eric,

I am planning to certify with IM on the Red. No rush, but I'll probably call them in a few days and try to get the ball rolling.

I did some light levering last night and am going to do a 60D volume workout after stones today.

My next goal is to bend a 6"x 5/16" Grade 5 bolt by the end of August. I will post all of my bending workouts here from now until then. Training starts today and I am extremely fired up!!!!

I did some light levering last night and am going to do a 60D volume workout after stones today.

My next goal is to bend a 6"x 5/16" Grade 5 bolt by the end of August. I will post all of my bending workouts here from now until then. Training starts today and I am extremely fired up!!!!

You're a maniac--Very inspiring.

I'm gonna have to hunt down some of these 5/16" grd 5's. I bet a 7 incher would be no walk in the park, either! Have you tried this bigger thickness yet, David?

Eric,

I bought a couple yesterday but I haven't tried them yet. Here's what I did today:

2 HD TT's

1 60D

1 6"x5/16" brass

1 6.5"x19/64" drill rod

1 290k C-bar

1 280k C-bar

1 7.5"x3/8" brass

0 7"x(.1875"x.5") CR Flat bar (baby kink)

1 7"x.323" drill rod

0 6.5"x.323" drill rod (decent kink, but couldn't finish it)

20 5"x(.1875"x.5") HR Flat Bar

The C-bars were for certification purposes and were filmed as were the 3/8" brass and the .323" drill rod.

I bet Dave is one of the best benders in the world. Top 5 for sure. He's closing in on .35 thick steel.

Dave, congrats on your Challenge Bar certifications! Was the baby kinked flat bar the same stuff you sent me? What's your appraisal of that .323 X 7" drill rod? I thought it was like a 6 1/2" Red. Definitely at my max limit.

Eric,

The flat bar I barely kinked was the same one I sent you. I thought the .323"x7" was tougher than the red I did last week, but I don't have much experience with those bends. The 6.5" piece of it I tried was a brick.

great log man...keep it up

Edited by Rekx