PULL MY SOCKS UP

SOCK BOY

16 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Same thing happened to me when I ordered from them, but I think my order was held up in customs because of the chalk.

That’s fair enough I suppose but doesn’t make it any the less annoying. 
Hopefully they will get their act together as as I said the kit is pretty good. 

1 hour ago, SOCK BOY said:

Well I emailed the company  about 30 mins ago & they have got back to me . The part I ordered wasn’t ready for posting, the paint was drying . It will be posted out by Friday. They have given me a banner & refunded 2 of the postage charges. So I can’t argue with that . I thought I’d give an update as I think that’s half decent service .

21 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Same thing happened to me when I ordered from them, but I think my order was held up in customs because of the chalk.

Sorry that happened.  I've ordered a few things here and there over the years and for me it was shipping heavy stuff to the United States that was the challenge.

For example, a 28lb cannonball blob got lost in the mail and Gods of Grip sent me a replacement.  And I was frankly surprised that my 145lb Inch Dumbbell arrived given the condition of the box.

No serious complaints though because they have always provided good customer service once I reached a representative.

Edited by Douglas Carney

WED 10/4/24

Knee band extensions/kotg 3 x 10

Squats / face pulls

Bar x 5, 60k x 3,100k x 3,120k x2,130k x 1/2, 100k x 3 x 2 . Face pulls 5 x 10

Floor Press bar x 5,40k x 5, 50k x 3 x5. Band pull aparts 5 x 10

Hub 5k x 2,7.5k x 2,8.5k x 1,10.5k x 1(weight plus hub & pin). COC Trainer 3 x 2 

slow pace tonight as I was unboxing & putting kit up. 

Squats felt bloody heavy tonight.

Floor Press caught me by surprise at how heavy it felt. 

Hub was as usual humbling

Grippers are not going to be my strong point 

A very humbling sess that’s made me realise that grip is going to be a long hard road. I have certain things I want to do but I’m going to make sure that I have fun when training grip. It’s all so new to me . Not sure I’m training my grip right but I’m sure I’ll learn by trial & error. 
Will keep trying to get stronger as you can never be too strong for Bjj. 

Cheers 

• Like 4

I hope you'll like your new grip toys!

I only have positive experiences with GoG, but yeah, sh1t happens. It's good they compensated you.
Although I haven't used them for a while because I concentrate on blobs for pinching, their pinch blocks are super nice. The surface takes chalk so well. It's rounded more than some other brands, which makes it harder, but I never tore my thumb/thumb webbing with them because of this. 

4 hours ago, SOCK BOY said:

very humbling sess that’s made me realise that grip is going to be a long hard road.

Lot of things look easy, but actually super hard, right?

It took me time to learn how to activate my CNS for these lifts (and I'm still learning/practicing it). Even if the lift is very hard, the weight is usually super small, so it's a weird feeling. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, matek said:

I hope you'll like your new grip toys!

I only have positive experiences with GoG, but yeah, sh1t happens. It's good they compensated you.
Although I haven't used them for a while because I concentrate on blobs for pinching, their pinch blocks are super nice. The surface takes chalk so well. It's rounded more than some other brands, which makes it harder, but I never tore my thumb/thumb webbing with them because of this. 

Lot of things look easy, but actually super hard, right?

It took me time to learn how to activate my CNS for these lifts (and I'm still learning/practicing it). Even if the lift is very hard, the weight is usually super small, so it's a weird feeling. 

I am starting to like grip training as it means I can train hard buts it’s not killing me. I’m noticing my gripping of the gi’s is improving & my arthritis is not as bad as it was through doing grip stuff.

Gods of grip seem to be doing great things for the grip community & i’m sure my issues were a minor blip/ 1 off. The surface is very good on their kit & as u say takes chalk well.

I’m sure I’m going to be learning for a very long time which is why I am enjoying my grip work. I also remember what I used to be able to do before tendinitis, arthritis & old age got to me lol. I will get back to where I was. 
Your so right about hard lifts not always being heavy, probably part of the appeal to me. As I said I’m just going to try a few things & see how it goes. 

• Like 5

FRI 12/4/24

Band around knee squats/ rotator cuff block

Red Band 3 x 10 1.25k 3 x 10

DEADS / Face pulls

70k x 3 100k x 3 / x 10 sml band 5 x 10

inc bench db rows / face pulls

32k 3 x 10 / sml band 3 x 10 

Hammer Curls/ Cone vertical bar 

22k x 10 x 3 

5k x 3, 10k x 3, 15k x 3,20k x 1, 22.5k x 1, 25k x 1, 30k x 1,32.5k x 1, 35k x 1,40k x 1, 45k x 1

Banded squats to open up my hips & knees. Rotator block raises trying to strengthen my cuffs.

Deads nice & comfy tech work. All done in about 6-7 mins

Face Pulls staple exercise

Db rows hit the back very nicely.

Pull aparts hit the spot. 

Hammer curls don’t play up my elbows so stick with them.

Cone vertical bar . First time on this kit hence so many sets lol. Felt ok. Had more in tank. 

Not a bad sess. Got done what I had to get done. Going to up the pace a bit as sessions are taking a touch too long. Going to work on an actual programme over the wkend. 
Going to have a potter around in the garage tomorrow after teaching & open mat. Might do a couple little bits. 
Cheers

• Like 2

Way cool workout

30 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Way cool workout

Thank you. Trying to build my deadlift back up to past glory levels lol. 

• Like 1

Deadlifts are great , I know what you mean about getting back to or past the glory levels.

10 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Deadlifts are great , I know what you mean about getting back to or past the glory levels.

I have always like deads but have let them slip a bit recently as you done have to have that big a dead for Bjj. 

SAT 13/4/24

Decifed to clean the garage & have a general potter around. Had to get my comp training in tho.

FARMERS HOLDS (per hand)

15k x 10 secs

55k x 10 secs

90k x 30 secs

90k x 30 secs

90k x 35 secs 

90k is comp weight . 
Felt hard today & first time my grip has slipped. Been trying for 5 secs extra every wk but feel I’m nearing my max . Next wk I’m going to try for 32 secs x 2 & max time last set. Felt a bit beat up today after a long wk. Done a few rounds sparring in the last couple of days as well. Time to rest until Monday . 

• Like 5

Mon 15/4/24

backwards tyre drag 25k x 5 mins

Deads/ face pulls:

70k x 3, 110k x 2, 150k x 2, 170k x 6 touch & go. Super settled with face pulls 5x10

Floor press/ band pull aparts:

Bar x 5,40k x 5, 60k 5x5 . Super setted with band pull aparts 5x10

Axle Deads:

70k x 1,80k x F, 75k x F

Ironmind Pinch block:

10kx2,2, 15k x 2,17.5k x2, 19.5k x 2, 20.5 x 1 rh F lh, 21.5 x 1,25.2 x 1 rh

Tri ext/hammer curls:

20k x 13 x 5

22k x 6 x 5

Loz Grip 

20k x 3 10 sec thumbless behind the back holds

20k x 3 10 behind the back thumbless shrugs

Barbell wrist rolls 

3x10 both ways.

Deads : used straps for deads as wanted to save grip for axle deads. Straps put me in a better starting position on deads.

Floor Press : not bad. Comfy enough . Shoulder a bit twingey after loading tiles all day at work.

Axle Deads : had to do a bit of diy on my axle as I realised the axle being used in the comp I’m doing is about 65mm, my axle is 50 mm. Added some tape & hence why my numbers dropped by so much. Will make a diy axle up tomorrow hopefully. 

Ironmind block : slowly learning a bit on this exercise. Just keep plugging away.

Tri ext/db hammers :

Curls to thrill the girls. No interest in training arms but know I have to.

Loz Grip :

Had the good fortune of training with Bing Loz in the early days & this is the exercises he used to use to improve his grip. 

Not a bad sess. Still enjoying it & that’s all that matters. Still weak as piss at grip but got to start somewhere. 

• Like 2

Way cool work out

On 4/16/2024 at 2:59 AM, John Knowlton said:

Way cool work out

Cheers. Hopefully ticking the boxes. 

Wed 17/4/24 

High Box Squat/ band face pulls

Bar x 5, bar x 5, 60k x 3, 100k x 3,129k x 2, 140k x 1, 160k x 1,170k x 2 . Face pulls 10 x 5

Bulg Split Squat/ Band Pull Aparts

5x 10 body weight. Pull aparts 5 x 10

Db Shoulder Press/Cuff block raises

12.2k 5 x 15 . Cuff raise 2k 5 x 5 

Inc DB Bench / Reverse Hypers strict

22k 5x5 . Hypers 3 x 10

Hub ( plate weight only)

7.5k x 2 R/L, 10k x 2 R/L, 12k x 1R/L, 14k x 1 R /L broke floor, 15k x 1R, 16k x 1R, 17k x 1R, 18k x broke floor 

High Box Squat . Chucked these in as I had a massage last night & didn’t want to squat too low but wanted to chuck a bit of weight around. Depth above parallel but not the end of the world. 

Bulg Squat had me sweating. Knee flexibility is not great but improved as the sets went on. Will add weight as the wks go on.

DB Shoulder Press. But light but got shoulders moving. Will add a band in next session. Should give it a bit if extra tension.

Inc Bench comfy enough . Felt them tho.

Hypers strict really did me. They hit the spot & I really felt them. Good to get them back in rotation. 

Hub. Well I couldn’t remember where I was with this so hence the loads of sets. Seems to be moving ok. Going to study a few vids tonight on tech. 

5 am sess in The Zoo. Got some good graft in & have a few more base numbers to work with. 

IMG_2680.thumb.jpeg.a4d3d013a6b052b18c34d7e42332bd3e.jpeg

Todays squat set up in The Zoo. 
You might notice how small English garages are lol. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Well my obsessive nature kicked in & I went down a rabbit hole the other night . I ended up ordering a couple variants of chalk. Should get me through for a while 

IMG_2688.thumb.jpeg.6dc324a6e642f9f384fc0c790b67f3e4.jpeg

Edited by SOCK BOY
  • Like 6

NICE SET UP

GREAT WORKOUT

6 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

NICE SET UP

GREAT WORKOUT

Thanks. The Zoo keeps me out of trouble, well most of the time lol

• Like 1

I know what you mean.

you must be married.

3 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

I know what you mean.

you must be married.

Oh yeah been married 29 yrs this yr, she’s a lucky lady lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yep, so you know how to play the game

8 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Yep, so you know how to play the game

I see it as a game of give & take. I keep taking until she gets fed up with giving lol

• Like 1