Dbramb

Orange Fat Gripz MAX Deadhang= 27sec @ 205lbs BW

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Orange Fat Gripz MAX Deadhang= 37sec @ 205lbs BW

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dbramb said:

Orange Fat Gripz MAX Deadhang= 37sec @ 205lbs BW

Awesome work, time creeping up. The oranges must really smoke the forearms. Do they make you really sore? 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Awesome work, time creeping up. The oranges must really smoke the forearms. Do they make you really sore? 

Thank you and they tax my CNS pretty good but don't really leave my hands/fingers sore. 

Orange Fat Gripz MAX Deadhang= 38sec @ 205lbs BW

1sec PR 💪😎

• Like 3

Orange Fat Gripz MAX Deadhang= 40sec @ 205lbs BW 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dbramb said:

Orange Fat Gripz MAX Deadhang= 40sec @ 205lbs BW 

Great work, heading towards a minute on these orange ones.

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 3:19 AM, mcalpine1986 said:

Great work, heading towards a minute on these orange ones.

Yes siree!!! I want to test my axle deads after I get a minute on the oranges at this bodyweight so that I can prove @Jedd Johnson wrong about deadhangs being a "waste of time"...

Edited by Dbramb
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dbramb said:

Yes siree!!! I want to test my axle deads after I get a minute on the oranges at this bodyweight so that I can prove @Jedd Johnson wrong about deadhangs being a "waste of time"...

Cool, I'm sure your axle will improve however although I love dead hangs and they do improve support grip however they don't really have much wrist strength requirements like an axle does.

An axle wants to roll out of your hand somewhat whereas a fixed bar obviously does not move so the carryover might not be that Great.

• Like 1

Fair point on the wrist strength but I also do sledgehammer levering and plate curls (Adam Glass recommendation) just as regularly to supplement that. Also, those fat gripz have the capacity to rotate on the pull-up bar so there's some wrist strength required to keep them fixed. 

• Like 1

I love dead hangs, I do them regularly and will keep doing them but Jedd is correct they are a waste of time if grip strength is your goal. Your time is finite, and you could be using this time in a dead hang to do other things that would improve your grip faster so it is wasted time because it is less efficient than other exercises. But you also have to count fun, novelty, enjoyment and some bonus stuff like shoulder health we don't all have the same goals. 

Just because it shows an improvement doesn't mean it isn't a waste of time, both can be true. Riding a bike might improve your running, but running would improve it even more so riding a bike is a waste of time if your goal is to run farther/faster. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dbramb said:

Have fun.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year!

Orange Fat Gripz MAX Deadhang= 42sec @ 210lbs (💪🎅 Holidays Gainz)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Orange Fat Gripz MAX Deadhang= 43sec @ 205lbs BW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Fat Grip deadhangs seem to be translating well to my axle cleans. Just PR'd on the double-overhand axle clean & jerk today with 255lbs. Going for 265-275lbs at my strongman comp coming up in a week!

Edited by Dbramb
  • Like 4

Perfect lift . 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Perfect lift . 

Appreciate it!

On 1/13/2024 at 7:09 PM, Dbramb said:

The Fat Grip deadhangs seem to be translating well to my axle cleans. Just PR'd on the double-overhand axle clean & jerk today with 255lbs. Going for 265-275lbs at my strongman comp coming up in a week!

That was awesome, great job 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

That was awesome, great job 👍

Thank you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dbramb said:

Thank you!

You are welcome. What is you next goal?

19 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

You are welcome. What is you next goal?

265-275lbs axle C&J at my comp this weekend and surpassing a one minute hang on the orange Fat Gripz after that.

• Like 2

Way cool 😎 I hope you post some more pics.

• Like 1

Don’t know how I missed this thread: bar hangs are my goto grip exercise.  I’ve hung a couple of stainless bars under my deck and own almost all “thick bar” add-one and handles (up to 3 1/4”)

My goto bar for hangs is a 1.6” OD polished stainless sched 40 pipe.  I hung it up w climbing straps so it also rotates as the grip fails. 

I’ll post up any appropriate workouts, brother.  Makes me want to workout again, lol

Morgan

IMG_4344.jpeg

IMG_4350.jpeg

• Like 5

Well, barely got 265lbs for a PR double-overhand axle clean and jerk at the local strongman comp today!

• Like 2

I believe in fat grips, it works with the open hand on several planes and increases the contractile force of explosive muscles; several experts like Charles Poliquins, high level coaches and others use them for Olympic or NFL athletes etc.

• Like 2