A little emotional but sincere about Tiziano, Carl and trust and respect in our inner circle

Ivan Pupchenko

Just an awesome video.  Just a spectacular display of crushing strength.  Documents further Carl's legacy in grip and what he has achieved. Did I say how awesome this is. And, what a promotional video for getting new people interested in grip strength!

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Just an awesome video.  Just a spectacular display of crushing strength.  Documents further Carl's legacy in grip and what he has achieved. Did I say how awesome this is. And, what a promotional video for getting new people interested in grip strength!

The fact that Carl did the GHP 10 cert a week ago and was still able to have enough power to not only CCS close a 220 rated 4 but also rep it afterwards is a testament to just how much of a genetically modified specimen carl is

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

The fact that Carl did the GHP 10 cert a week ago

I guess most of us have experienced quite a long time delta between GHP certification attempt and Wade’s review and verdict 🙂

I might be wrong, but the GHP 10 certification might have happened a couple of months ago.

1 hour ago, insane.warrior said:

I guess most of us have experienced quite a long time delta between GHP certification attempt and Wade’s review and verdict 🙂

I might be wrong, but the GHP 10 certification might have happened a couple of months ago.

The date that is stated in the video titles on GHP's youtube channel is the date of the feat, so it was 15th of September for Carl.

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally watched the video. Translate isn't the best and I got the jest of what is going on, but this is the dumbest take I've ever seen in grip.

Being critical about a situation/concept/event, that is fine and I'm cool with seeing a person attempting to use logic and reason to explain their point. Also, there is nothing wrong with questioning and disagreeing with another person. But this Nikita guy is doing none of that. Flat out calling @Carl Myerscough a fake and "substance" user without any evidence. He's bringing up points but does nothing to refute anything. He couldn't even demonstrate effectively how Carl could have faked anything.

Nikita could have made a shorter video, gotten right to the points. But what we got is a man who is upset because someone did the impossible and cannot accept it. Doesn't want to accept what's been done.

How does any illegal substances play into any of this? Where's the evidence to support the claim? If there's nothing there, why bring up the point to begin with?

Does Carl's #4 certification video suck? Yes, but it still shows he followed the rules laid out by Ironmind and everything they asked him to do. If they didn't like it, they would have flat out rejected his attempt.

@Wade Gillingham if he suspected anything wrong with the GHP10 certification, he would have no problem denying a person's attempt. He would even have them mail the said gripper to him for inspection to make sure nothing is altered about the gripper.

And why would @Cannon risk his business, his reputation, in order to fake a certification attempt? Where's the option to make grippers easy on his website? Guess what, none of it helps him period! 

• Like 10

If some of my previous words were harsh to any, I apologize. I do get annoyed with baseless accusations though, such as the silly accusations against Carl and Cannon, which were laughable to begin with and grounded in nothing. Nikita has no reason to make such insinuations - he's a Top 5 gripper athlete in the entire world, and incredibly strong himself. Hopefully he's seen the Larry Wheels video now, and that will help change his mind.

As far as Tiziano goes - while I do understand the skepticism fully - I do also believe he is legit. Time will tell shortly, I suspect.

If Tiziano is 100% legit (which I believe he is), I do not think it is even a slight exaggeration to state that he's one of the biggest athletic anomalies in human history, worthy of front page headline news and scientific research.

Carl is 6'10, 350lbs closing a 256 lbs gripper = 0.73 strength to bodyweight ratio.
Jaland is 6'0, 260 lbs closing around 200 lbs gripper = 0.77 strength to bodyweight ratio
I am 6'0, 190 lbs closing around 135 lbs gripper = 0.71 strength to bodyweight ratio
Vinnie and Cannon have closed grippers around 1.0 strength to bodyweight ratio (not sure on exact number)
Edit:
Cannon's highest was 1.09 s/bw ratio
And person named Nick K from Greece apparently did a 148 CoC 3 at 132 lbs, which is 1.12 s/bw ratio.

These seem to be the normal-ish numbers, with Vinnie and Cannon on the extreme end of the spectrum.

Tiziano is 5'8, 139 lbs closing around 220 lbs gripper = 1.58 strength to bodyweight ratio.

That is over DOUBLE!!! the strength to bodyweight ratio of Carl. DOUBLE.

That is like someone 4'6 dunking a basketball on a 10' rim.

If Tiziano is 100% legit (as a friend, I believe and hope he is), he is one of the rarest humans to ever live.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 10:05 AM, dubyagrip said:

This is one of the weirdest threads I have ever seen.

Nineteen Years and three months on this Forum for me, and I am not sure if anyone ever expressed themself “The way I feel” better than in that one brief sentence. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Hopefully he's seen the Larry Wheels video now, and that will help change his mind.

Quick spoiler: Yes, he has seen it. No, he did not change his mind.

Here is almost precise translation of his most recent reply on YouTube:

"... For people who understand grippers and their loads, this video showed that closing [GHP] 10 with a load of approximately 256 pounds is a bull sh*t [lie]. Closing 220 gripper from 15-20 mm for 5 times is absolutely not enough to close 256 gripper from the same 15-20 mm for 1 rep, not even to mention the 38 mm block :) [he is laughing].
Therefore, let's do it easier, we will contact Carl and send him our [GHP] 10 with the same load of 256 pounds, even if the will miss the close by some millimetres - it will be a success!"

I replied to Nikita "after all you and your friends wrote and said about Carl, I hope he will send you to hell".

I apologise if it's harsh from my side, I'm just mad at this dude.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 3

Well, in that case, Nikita is just looking for drama then.

We'll pretend he's borrowing from the genius marketing tactics of Devon Larratt. 😄

• Haha 2

Nikita could probably close a GHP10 with his jaw, given how much he likes to talk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Whose right is it to say how many reps you have to be able to do on x gripper to close y gripper. This isn't a universal constant.

Nikita is just really mad about not having either of the 2 certs in question lol

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Whose right is it to say how many reps you have to be able to do on x gripper to close y gripper. This isn't a universal constant.

Nikita is just really mad about not having either of the 2 certs in question lol

Bingo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Absolutely no reason to question Carl. and think this guy has some ignorance in him. However, I think he’s thinking in terms of, let’s say…you could ccs 150lb gripper and also GHP block set 186lb. He’s just not familiar with that power difference…as most aren’t. I think he struggles with that. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

People try to take the rep calculators from weightlifting and apply them to grippers but that doesn't work at all, might get you in the ball park but is entirely different since weights have constant force and grippers do not, we'd have to get data from thousands of gripper athletes to make new formulas for reps, and even still it wouldn't be accurate since spread and hand size are such major variables. The best you can do is make a rep calculator for yourself and get close enough for training purposes

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Absolutely no reason to question Carl. and think this guy has some ignorance in him. However, I think he’s thinking in terms of, let’s say…you could ccs 150lb gripper and also GHP block set 186lb. He’s just not familiar with that power difference…as most aren’t. I think he struggles with that. 

It's different for everyone. I did only 3 reps on a 2.5 before I closed a 3. And I've heard of people doing 25 reps on a 2.5 that still can't close a 3. People are built differently, train different, have different responses to training, different strengths and weaknesses etc. People have different size gaps in what they ccs, bs, mms etc...these factors are never going to be the same for everyone, it is naive of Nikita to claim they ever would be and expect us to believe that lol

For the record my CCS is only 11 lbs behind my best GHP block set, not as large of a gap as most people (in reference your about 30 lb difference example)

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

It's different for everyone. I did only 3 reps on a 2.5 before I closed a 3. And I've heard of people doing 25 reps on a 2.5 that still can't close a 3. People are built differently, train different, have different responses to training, different strengths and weaknesses etc. People have different size gaps in what they ccs, bs, mms etc...these factors are never going to be the same for everyone, it is naive of Nikita to claim they ever would be and expect us to believe that lol

For the record my CCS is only 11 lbs behind my best GHP block set, not as large of a gap as most people (in reference your about 30 lb difference example)

Great points.

My brother and I's max strength is almost identical, yet my brother can manage 4-5 reps of the 2.5 per set, while I can only manage 1 rep. He can also out-rep me on lower rated grippers as well.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I agree with you, but the rgc numbers being used can certainly make or break the examples. Can anyone other that Carl GHP block set 30+ pounds more than their ccs? That’s why he doesn’t accept it. But I’m up to “here” with this soap opera stuff. Iron Mind is probably amused by all this…especially after the JK thing and even Nathan they made perform twice with at least once with a very high level ref. 
and they put on paper they wouldn’t have to worry about this with the referee policy in place. And we’re circling the wagons again here.  No wonder they don’t really contest grippers in contests that much…it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

People try to take the rep calculators from weightlifting and apply them to grippers but that doesn't work at all, might get you in the ball park but is entirely different since weights have constant force and grippers do not, we'd have to get data from thousands of gripper athletes to make new formulas for reps, and even still it wouldn't be accurate since spread and hand size are such major variables. The best you can do is make a rep calculator for yourself and get close enough for training purposes

Yeah but usually it’s two hands vs one so there’s more math to it that way.

19 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I agree with you, but the rgc numbers being used can certainly make or break the examples. Can anyone other that Carl GHP block set 30+ pounds more than their ccs? That’s why he doesn’t accept it. But I’m up to “here” with this soap opera stuff. Iron Mind is probably amused by all this…especially after the JK thing and even Nathan they made perform twice with at least once with a very high level ref. 
and they put on paper they wouldn’t have to worry about this with the referee policy in place. And we’re circling the wagons again here.  No wonder they don’t really contest grippers in contests that much…it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

People are making the mistake of using pounds instead of percentage, so here his block set is about 16 percent stronger than CCS which sounds much more reasonable and matches what other people can do even at the low end. Everything is always ratios, never an absolute value of RGC. I don't see any about Carl that is unbelievable, other than maybe his work ethic haha 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

People are making the mistake of using pounds instead of percentage, so here his block set is about 16 percent stronger than CCS which sounds much more reasonable and matches what other people can do even at the low end. Everything is always ratios, never an absolute value of RGC. I don't see any about Carl that is unbelievable, other than maybe his work ethic haha 

I don’t think his numbers match many high end or low. He’s definitely a beast. It’s probably length of hand that can go into this, too. Like I said…does anyone have a 30m block set 30+ pounds more than their ccs? I think Carl is special in this aspect- again, why that Russian guy is sour.

7 minutes ago, slazbob said:

again, why that Russian guy is sour.

Guy is full of opinions and nothing to back up what he's saying. It's all baseless claims because his feeling are hurt.

22 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I don’t think his numbers match many high end or low. He’s definitely a beast. It’s probably length of hand that can go into this, too. Like I said…does anyone have a 30m block set 30+ pounds more than their ccs? I think Carl is special in this aspect- again, why that Russian guy is sour.

To be fair, I don't think Carl's max CCS is 220, if he can get 256 from 38mm. I'm not sure how much higher he has attempted, but I'd be willing to bet his CCS max stretches into the upper 220s/low 230s.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Guy is full of opinions and nothing to back up what he's saying. It's all baseless claims because his feeling are hurt.

Must be, John  Carl has proven himself more than most.

• Like 1