A little emotional but sincere about Tiziano, Carl and trust and respect in our inner circle

Ivan Pupchenko

Hi everybody!

While the gripboard bullied and distrust Tiziano, the secret champions of the secret world armlifting championships, where they performed in their weight categories alone, go further and secretly bullied Carl and Cannon in secret from the gripboard

In general, the video is on russian, but the subtitles on english seem to convey quite accurately the essence of this ... sh***t - in the video with Carl closing 4th, there is an obvious gluing of video cuts or substitution of gripper (when Carl closed gripper from the camera with his elbow during setting). And in the video of closing 10th - fake un-calibrated gripper, on which Carl and Cannon loosened the spring with fire... A separate and perverse pleasure can be obtained from reading the comments left by the nounames, claiming that it is impossible to close 10, because they themselves hardly close the HG200 or something like that.

Anyone who remembers discussing the "conflict" of Ivan Cuk with the "sectarians-from-the-grip", who accused him of fraud, is a continuation of the same story. Sectarians directed by their bald and pot-bellied oracle Murashkin expand the geography of their activities and the list of "victims". If earlier "all Ukrainians" were called scammers by default, now Cannon and Strossen (and Carl in company with them) are declared heretics. (although at the expense of Strossen, I have my own experience with IronMind, and my post on Gripboard, where I expressed my assessment of Strossen and his activities, were repeatedly deleted by moderators). all this falls out on youtube and on social networks, and from there into the unprepared brains of newcomers of our sport...

I barely mastered this video. The point is not even in the content itself. The bottom line is that if some people start using rhetoric like "Who are you? I'm super-strong and I can't do what you're doing. So you're a liar!", then there will always be someone who will ask "No - who are you? I didn't compete with you at the same tournament?!" in response. And there will always be scum who will lead the process of kindling the fire of enmity...

This avalanche (brown, not snowy) will eventually lead to the fact that our already narrow circle will be divided into many small pockets of development with subsequent stagnation and degradation...

Someone doesn't care. On the contrary, it's good for someone to stand apart across the ocean or beyond the Ural Ridge, and assume that the whole world revolves around him, and everyone else is freaks and scammers...

But.. I think our sport should unite people. Unite us. There are already very few of us, and the chance that the list will get bigger is very small.

Therefore, it would be nice if each of us tried to be more friendly with our fellow athletes. And people who believe that other athletes have to prove something to someone just because they live on another continent and have not performed with them at the same tournaments (especially in the "come and prove" version) - kept their opinion to themselves, or would learn to express it so that there was no desire to answer obscene.

You can take my word for it - when you find out every day that one of your friends has died, and your Homeland only wants you to fill another grave in the cemetery with your body, letting the children of officials, corrupts or criminal leaders live longer - all these "Who are you? Prove it!!!" - they look pathetic and funny. And you yourself looks like pampered children who do not understand anything about life.

Treat others with respect and it will come back to you. Otherwise, next time somebody will call you a fraudster, and you will be no arguments or ways to prove your honesty!

• Like 5

I am not sure what to think about your post?   The video is in Russian. There are no English subtitles which makes it pretty much worthless here unless you speak Russian.  

"Therefore, it would be nice if each of us tried to be more friendly with our fellow athletes. "

I guess I will assume this is your message overall?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

There are no English subtitles which makes it pretty much worthless here unless you speak Russian.  

There is an option to configure auto-translate to English in settings -> subtitles.

It's not 100% accurate but better than nothing.

• Like 1

Here's a recap, if someone doesn't feel like watching it with subtitles. He's basically just saying that Carl could've cheated his CoC 4 cert & GHP 10 close, whenever the gripper went out of the shot he could've replaced it to another easier gripper, he could've made cuts in the video replacing the gripper, Cannon and Carl are in cahoots cheating with the ratings etc.

I don't think it's really even worth talking about, he just wants attention.

edit: I watched the video with auto-translate, so the translation might be off. I don't wanna create unnecessary drama in case the translation is not correct, so please keep that in mind when reading this recap.

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

"Therefore, it would be nice if each of us tried to be more friendly with our fellow athletes. "

I guess I will assume this is your message overall?

From what I saw, at first Nikita Yurkovets published hate speech story on Instagram page with accusing Ironmind in "poor judging and not providing witnesses", Carl in "faking the close".

Then he recorded this video, just right after Carl certified on GHP 10. And now "Carl is faking the gripper close, there is no way anyone who could do that, I'm the one who trains hard in CoC 4 range can't even set GHP 10, there is now way that gripper was 256 rgc, they modified the gripper with the heat etc." and "Matt Cannon is not measuring the grippers right, those ratings are fake".

And of course as always, dozens, maybe hundreds now, of comments in Russian saying bad things about all the grip community on the West.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Take Carl and Tiziano out of the equation.

Anyone who says @Cannonis up to no good is clearly just a trouble maker looking for attention.

I don’t doubt Carl closed the 4. But I also think if it was me in that vid certifying a 3 it wouldn’t cert. 

Same goes for Tiziano he proved it and did what was asked but I can see why people are doubtful.

There must be even stricter standards for these things I guess is the only solution. 

• Like 5

(1) RE: Cannon.  I don't know that I've met a more honest man.  He's not in on any misdeeds, and I'd bet more than I have on that.

(2) RE: Carl.  I think Blacksmith might be right that some folks would not pass the IM cert with the vid Carl did, and also that other folks might be right that the same vid would not pass mash monster (MM) judging.  But this was not an MM vid (DID YOU SEE HOW LONG HE HELD THAT GRIPPER OPEN TO SHOW THE CC INSERT?!?) -- and in the end, IM made the determination, from the vid they received, that there was a sufficient credit card set and at least a momentary close.  The vid certainly doesn't DISPROVE that, and I am going to accept IM's ruling (and Carl's word) that it was closed.  I think even Carl would agree that it would have been nice to have a better video.  And as Carl has explained, IM specifically requested this body shot angle rather than a closer, MM style vid.  I will also add that IM won't even let you ATTEMPT the cert until you have sent them a vid showing yourself essentially DOING it -- and Carl had sent them a couple of such vids.  And of course there is the later 256 RGC 38 mm close of the GHP 10 ... no, those outside factors don't mean you should get credit for the COC 4 cert if you didn't do it, but they do inform the credibility of the feat.  I have ZERO doubt that Carl has done this feat, many times in practice and also at the time we saw on the video, despite wishing the video of the momentous feat was better.

(3) RE: Tiziano.  I was definitely skeptical when someone who weighed 140 pounds appeared out of nowhere and was closing COC 3 in no time and COC 4 a month or two later, because, no disrespect to Carl and maybe Carl would even agree, a 140-pound guy with small hands closing a 4 from any width is even more impressive (in a relative sense) than Carl certing the COC 4 at 6'10, 250-300 pounds.  And we all know that every couple of years a fraudster shows up and starts posting videos of marvelous feats, and is then exposed.  So I didn't accuse right away, but I also withheld belief until I saw more.  That's not hating.  If Tiziano did what he said he was doing, then Tiziano is pound for pound the most impressive gripper closer in history.  Not even debatable, folks.  So it was something that begged for some sort of standardized proof.  And then Tiziano certified on the 3.5.  Case closed for me.  Now he's got the credential, and I presume he has done what he has certified to have done.  And while I recognize Carl's feat (and now feats in the plural, with the GHP 10 cert) as the ABSOLUTE strongest gripper closes ever documented, I still think that Tiziano's are more impressive in a "can you believe that?" kind of way.  I am not sure if I am explaining myself well, but I am trying to throw a compliment at both of them, one for absolute strength and the other for maximizing the output of a smaller machine.

And as for Ivan:  The thing you said that most resonated with me was that all the bickering seems so childish, because your friends are dying and freedom is tenuous.  Thank you for taking the time to stay with our community.  I wish peace for you and your country.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

While the gripboard bullied and distrust Tiziano, the secret champions of the secret world armlifting championships, where they performed in their weight categories alone, go further and secretly bullied Carl and Cannon in secret from the gripboard

If you think requesting having your world record feat be witnesses is "bullying" then you need to drink a cup of concrete and harden up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My opinion, everyone needs to shut the fnck up and put that energy into training and making the most of your life.

There will always be someone bigger, faster, and/or stronger than you.  Learn to cope in other ways than whining and making excuses like school children.

You either have the ability or you don't.

• Like 19

There is no way in hell I believe Cannon is acting in cahoots to hoodwink the Grip population.  That is just plain stupid.

• Like 19

I do hope that someday both Carl and Tiziano get to do some amazing closes in person, it would really be one hell of an event! As for any debates (of which I have seen many in the recent days), I feel like this forum is a friendly place for mutual support and positivity, a place where we all fit in quite well (@dubyagrip put it together quite nicely in one of his posts). When things are getting heated, it might be good to keep the arguments private.

As for Carl in particular, we (Carl included) can all agree, that the video had some unfortunate moments. All things considered, this is arguably the most epic strength demonstration in history. But I do think that Carl will only be getting stronger and keep improving with time, and will someday definitely perform this feat in competition or live somewhere, so that the last doubts or critique could be resolved. 😇

Edited by Alex K
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

And then Tiziano certified on the 3.5.  Case closed for me.  Now he's got the credential, and I presume he has done what he has certified to have done. 

An Ironmind cert is not quite the objective standard of proof it used to be. Since a year or two ago they allow certs to be done on video without an impartial witness present. An Itonmind cert it no more than just posting a regular training video. Had the cert been a few years ago where the gripper is sent to a witness of Ironminds choosing who then meets up with the athletes that closes the gripper in front of the witness, then yes it would be cased closed. But that didn’t happen during Tiz’s cert.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Hi everybody!

In general, the video is on russian, but the subtitles on english seem to convey quite accurately the essence of this ... sh***t - in the video with Carl closing 4th, there is an obvious gluing of video cuts or substitution of gripper (when Carl closed gripper from the camera with his elbow during setting). And in the video of closing 10th - fake un-calibrated gripper, on which Carl and Cannon loosened the spring with fire... A separate and perverse pleasure can be obtained from reading the comments left by the nounames, claiming that it is impossible to close 10, because they themselves hardly close the HG200 or something like that.

Anyone who remembers discussing the "conflict" of Ivan Cuk with the "sectarians-from-the-grip", who accused him of fraud, is a continuation of the same story. Sectarians directed by their bald and pot-bellied oracle Murashkin expand the geography of their activities and the list of "victims". If earlier "all Ukrainians" were called scammers by default, now Cannon and Strossen (and Carl in company with them) are declared heretics. (although at the expense of Strossen, I have my own experience with IronMind, and my post on Gripboard, where I expressed my assessment of Strossen and his activities, were repeatedly deleted by moderators). all this falls out on youtube and on social networks, and from there into the unprepared brains of newcomers of our sport...

I barely mastered this video. The point is not even in the content itself. The bottom line is that if some people start using rhetoric like "Who are you? I'm super-strong and I can't do what you're doing. So you're a liar!", then there will always be someone who will ask "No - who are you? I didn't compete with you at the same tournament?!" in response. And there will always be scum who will lead the process of kindling the fire of enmity...

This avalanche (brown, not snowy) will eventually lead to the fact that our already narrow circle will be divided into many small pockets of development with subsequent stagnation and degradation...

Someone doesn't care. On the contrary, it's good for someone to stand apart across the ocean or beyond the Ural Ridge, and assume that the whole world revolves around him, and everyone else is freaks and scammers...

But.. I think our sport should unite people. Unite us. There are already very few of us, and the chance that the list will get bigger is very small.

Therefore, it would be nice if each of us tried to be more friendly with our fellow athletes. And people who believe that other athletes have to prove something to someone just because they live on another continent and have not performed with them at the same tournaments (especially in the "come and prove" version) - kept their opinion to themselves, or would learn to express it so that there was no desire to answer obscene.

You can take my word for it - when you find out every day that one of your friends has died, and your Homeland only wants you to fill another grave in the cemetery with your body, letting the children of officials, corrupts or criminal leaders live longer - all these "Who are you? Prove it!!!" - they look pathetic and funny. And you yourself looks like pampered children who do not understand anything about life.

Treat others with respect and it will come back to you. Otherwise, next time somebody will call you a fraudster, and you will be no arguments or ways to prove your honesty!

??!

7 hours ago, EmilBB said:

Here's a recap, if someone doesn't feel like watching it with subtitles. He's basically just saying that Carl could've cheated his CoC 4 cert & GHP 10 close, whenever the gripper went out of the shot he could've replaced it to another easier gripper, he could've made cuts in the video replacing the gripper, Cannon and Carl are in cahoots cheating with the ratings etc.

I don't think it's really even worth talking about, he just wants attention.

Thanks for explaining in summary. I haven't met Cannon but from my interactions with him is he is a gentleman. Same goes to Carl. Could anyone switch a gripper when it goes out of the frame? Yes. I think I did a YouTube video on it three years ago or so. But did Carl did it? I was not there but I can 100% be sure he did not. I spoke to the man few times, I watched his online interview, follow his IG, he have met gripsters in person; I didn't get any bad vibe from him. So yeah he is a good guy and a gentleman.

As for Tiziano I agree he should meet with people and he promised me he will soon. Let's give him that chance because he felt so much pressurized by people saying I was investigated like a "CIA" prisoner. Sometimes you do need time depending on your situation. 

As for fakes, we the grip people have seen our fair share of many fakes. So it is our right to demand proof. I hate the fakes and so should every sane person. But saying Carl or Cannon? No sir. They are straight as an arrow. How is Dr. Randall Strossen involved? I did not watch the video.

• Like 7

I'll give the Rocky IV speech after I close the MM10.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I’m just amused the Russians are calling out cheaters 😃

This for the win! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do think it would add a lot of credibility to any cert video to not only keep both the gripper but also your body in the frame at all times. If you need to chalk your hands, why not just do it in the frame to eliminate any doubt on switching the gripper etc. I'm making no accusations, but this is a point I have made to follow for every single cert video I have done, including mash monster where I sat there for 10 minutes to do 3 attempts per hand and not leave the frame. But IMO this should also be a rule every cert-giver should mandate, not something somebody random like me should have to insist should happen.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

"Overall," my message is that the gripboard is now the only place where fans of our sport from all over the world somehow communicate. At least it seems to me that this is the meaning of his existence. To unite people and their experience and give an incentive to the development of athletes and the sport as a whole due to this. However, in fact, people from other countries register here, but after one time or another they stop coming in. At least because of cold indifference, at most because of a biased attitude, an example of which was the attacks on Tiziano. If I made a mistake and this place is actually only for americans and a few close friends, it is wiser to make a message about this when registering or in the forum header. Then no one will have any questions.

The connection with Yurkovets's video is like this - video is a mirror of what is happening on the gripboard. A person who believes that he has some achievements in one single direction of this sport calls other people scammers, just because they surpass his results. Although in fact - all his regalia in all disciplines, except for the closing grippers, do not represent anything outstanding in kilograms. The titles of the "champion" were won at the "championships", where he was either alone in his weight category, or with a maximum of 2-3 opponents. And his videos with grippers closing can as easily be fakes for the same reasons that he cites against Carl, and which were cited on the gripboard against Tiziano.

17 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Vincent, a heightened sense of rejection of injustice has always been part of my personality. maybe it's parenting, maybe genetics, but that's who I am. I would never have turned the tongue to call a person a fraud, because I did not perform with him at the same competition. At least because my intellectual level allows me to understand that in our sport, most active athletes have not performed on the same platform with most others. And most likely it will never happen. I understand what you're talking about-my jaw dropped when I saw Tiziano's video, too. But for me, my skepticism is not enough to call someone a fraud. When he closed 3.5, and then the GM certification grippers - I had no questions left and will never arise in his regard. And my intellectual level and sports experience allows me to understand that the strength in grippers is not directly related to the strength on other devices. Therefore, the requirements for him to "come out and prove" are even more ridiculous than offensive...

And thank you for your support! People are divided into good and bad, not because of the color of their skin or whether they live next to you or in another country, but because they do bad or good things. When most realize this, wars on the Internet using the keyboard, as well as wars on the battlefield using weapons, will become history...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Perhaps from the height of your experience you think that alcoholism can solve some of my problems. But I am not a supporter of such radical methods. Therefore, keep your advice closer to yourself.
As for "bullying" and "the witnesses" - you live in the same country with Carl. Demanding something from Tiziano across the sea is easy. Try to put forward your claim to Carl. Preferably in a live. And preferably take it on video. As far as I know, Vincent is a lawyer. Contact him beforehand - he will give you a discount, as a member of the gripboard, for making a will.

17 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

My opinion, everyone needs to shut the fnck up and put that energy into training and making the most of your life.

There will always be someone bigger, faster, and/or stronger than you.  Learn to cope in other ways than whining and making excuses like school children.

You either have the ability or you don't.

Good words! It would be nice if the members of the gripboard saw a pop-up window with them every time they enter the forum!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, David_wigren said:

It was never objective. In my experience, I know that the judges can do enough to make you fail certification, even if you close gripper several. And the difference in the calibration and quality of the grippers turns the whole process into not even a lottery, but in a game of thimbles with sharper.

15 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

The question remains - "Tiziano will meet with whom?" I think that if he comes to me for KK, then those who "investigated him" will write something like - "Two scammers met! There is no trust in either." Not to mention the fact that going to another country for competitions and to "prove something" to someone on the Internet is not the same thing. 

In addition, Tiziano does not give the impression of a millionaire. Those people who want proof, are they willing to cover his expenses? I don't want any proofs from him, but if he comes to me, I will even pay him a couple of days of accommodation in apartments from my empty pockets. Are they even ready for that?

Tizziano is just very young and inexperienced. And succumbs to the provocations of nonames, who even on the forum cannot register under their real name. In a good mood, in his place, I would advise those demanding to drink a bottle of vodka in one gulp and calm down (like someone above advised me). And in the bad case, I used the entire poor arsenal of english-language swear words.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slazbob said:

There is also a remark that Carl's credibility was undermined by some scandals with steroids, because of which he had to run away from England, losing his slippers on the run. It's especially funny if you spend some time following a character who says it all on video...
seriously, of course it's not about nationality. And the fact that the comedian in the video stopped in his psychological development at the age of 14-15. And perhaps intellectually - at about the same time. Most likely, the reason is in the same magical substances, "because of which" Carl is on the run and forced to live in exile far from his homeland)))

• Like 2