What is YOUR grip focus and or goal?

AdriaanRobert96

Hey people, what are your currently working towards and how is it going for you so far?

I personally am working on my Captains of Crush #3.5 and as some of you know I was 1mm off on the video I uploaded, currently on a 12 week volume phase..

Things are going well, but I have hit a bit of a fatigue plateau so I’ll step back a little😅

• Like 4

Grip and weight training in general are the only things I can still get up and do during my depressive cycles.  The day I have to stop or can no longer train will not be a good one, but it is inevitable.  Because of this, I train to be the biggest and strongest I can be.

My long-term goal is to cert on the #4, which I know I am capable of.  Mash monster, other Ironmind, and GHP certs provide me with other stops along the way to the overall goal. I'm progressing quickly, everything is dialed in right now.  We will see how long it lasts.  I'll likely sign up for MM3 next week since I just closed a 182 RGC 3.5.  I started back in September, so I don't think I am anywhere near my ceiling.

I also discovered that I like gripsport and armlifting, so that's something I want to continue to excel in.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 8

56 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Grip and weight training in general are the only things I can still get up and do during my depressive cycles.  The day I have to stop or can no longer train will not be a good one, but it is inevitable.  Because of this, I train to be the biggest and strongest I can be.

My long-term goal is to cert on the #4, which I know I am capable of.  Mash monster, other Ironmind, and GHP certs provide me with other stops along the way to the overall goal. I'm progressing quickly, everything is dialed in right now.  We will see how long it lasts.  I'll likely sign up for MM3 next week since I just closed a 182 RGC 3.5.  I started back in September, so I don't think I am anywhere near my ceiling.

I also discovered that I like gripsport and armlifting, so that's something I want to continue to excel in.

Aye man mas respect!

I think you’ll undoubtedly be able to do this for very long, especially grip sports😊

You’re mad strong and I can’t wait to see the MM3😎

182RGC #3.5 is super strong!

This is exactly why I love gripsports, you always have so much to do and achieve!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My grip focus is to close the #2.5.

I've been stuck on the #2 for about two years, and no wonder, because I haven't trained grippers.

Sometimes I get stuck in revolving doors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

My grip focus is to close the #2.5.

I've been stuck on the #2 for about two years, and no wonder, because I haven't trained grippers.

Sometimes I get stuck in revolving doors.

Yeah bro no wonder why😅

How’s your training looking now and or how are you going about it?

You should have the #2.5 in no time with proper programming :D

What’s do you weigh?

4 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Yeah bro no wonder why😅

How’s your training looking now and or how are you going about it?

You should have the #2.5 in no time with proper programming :D

What’s do you weigh?

185lbs. Started training for it three weeks ago and have gained 2cm on my close. I'm down to about 1cm remaining so I feel it's going to close by the beginning of next month.

Training every 3-5 days using a short pyramid: #1.5, #2, #2.5, #2, #1.5.

Very minimal but really paying attention to my set and holding each close.

• Like 1

Lifting the inch, bending and levering

• Like 8

Certing the 3 and mm2. Although I could probably do it now and don’t plan on trying it any time soon.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Certing the 3 and mm2. Although I could probably do it now and don’t plan on trying it any time soon.

Was going to say you must be ready for both certs at this point especially with that Colbalt triple 💪

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

This is exactly why I love gripsports, you always have so much to do and achieve!

Agree!  So much to do and achieve!

I'm still focused on block weights despite recently being added to the "50# York" list.  I have a Legacy 110 and new Hex 120 waiting for me to lift them.

For grippers...it would be cert on #3.  But I feel like my block weight work suffers when I train grippers so they're currently on the back burner.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Was going to say you must be ready for both certs at this point especially with that Colbalt triple 💪

Yeah don’t feel ready to go for it yet we’ll see maybe after the spring clench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gripperer said:

185lbs. Started training for it three weeks ago and have gained 2cm on my close. I'm down to about 1cm remaining so I feel it's going to close by the beginning of next month.

Training every 3-5 days using a short pyramid: #1.5, #2, #2.5, #2, #1.5.

Very minimal but really paying attention to my set and holding each close.

Alright, well I think if you stick to it and listen to your body you’ll get it eventually..

Just remember to take deloads or just back off a bit when fatigued or performance is going down.

I wish you the best of luck pal, updates us on how it goes😎

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Lifting the inch, bending and levering

Ah man I wish I had the inch db or some replica atleast :( 

Bending is something I’ve always been interested in but to fearful or long lasting or permanent hand injuries..

Atleast that’s what I heard is a risk with bending..

Correct me if I am wrong, or educate me on the matter should I say.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Certing in the #3.. alright, exciting :D How does you gripper training look atm and how you progressing?

20 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Agree!  So much to do and achieve!

I'm still focused on block weights despite recently being added to the "50# York" list.  I have a Legacy 110 and new Hex 120 waiting for me to lift them.

For grippers...it would be cert on #3.  But I feel like my block weight work suffers when I train grippers so they're currently on the back burner.

Oh jeez, you a beast fam😈!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Ah man I wish I had the inch db or some replica atleast :( 

Bending is something I’ve always been interested in but to fearful or long lasting or permanent hand injuries..

Atleast that’s what I heard is a risk with bending..

Correct me if I am wrong, or educate me on the matter should I say.

There’s risk with everything.  You can trip on the sidewalk running and break bone.

Just gotta train smart and safe, listen to your body.

• Haha 1

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

There’s risk with everything.  You can trip on the sidewalk running and break bone.

Just gotta train smart and safe, listen to your body.

Well that is a way to look at it and it’s true😂

Altho when I read about bending specifically it’s been said about long lasting nerv damages etc etc..

Will probably start after I am done with grippers, why not😈

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Altho when I read about bending specifically it’s been said about long lasting nerv damages etc etc..

why would you ever be done with grippers

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Will probably start after I am done with grippers, 

You'd have to be really careless to hurt yourself like that with bending.  Get a beginners bending set and you'll see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Certing in the #3.. alright, exciting :D How does you gripper training look atm and how you progressing?

I train once a week with grippers usually 5 sets for max reps with a gripper I can do anywhere from 3-10 reps with. Beat closes right now are coc 3 CCS, standard cobalt 162rgc from a ghp block set, 165rgc 3.5 from mms and a 173rgc heavy grips 350 from an mms set. Been focusing a little more on other stuff lately as I am doing my first grip comp on Saturday. But still been hitting grippers once a week.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Just gotta be smart and listen to your body.  I really recommend it, it builds mental and physical strength.

• Like 1

My main goal is the 3.5 cert, I have the goal of being the first and only australian to certify on it and at this point it doesn't feel like it would be an impossible task

• Like 5

My focus: cert ghp 7

Goals: lift the inch db, pinch 2 45lb/20kg one handed, lift the real dinnie stones, go for MM1, and keep competing and progressing in gripsport

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My goal is ghp9 gripper certification

I am planning to try certification for the first time as a Korean within this year.

• Like 4

My current goal is MM0 with my 150 CoC 3. For long term, I would be pretty ecstatic if I could one day cert on the 3 and reach MM2, especially considering I was one of those guys who took weeks/months to even close the CoC 1 for the first time back in the day. I’d also like to hit at least MM0 with my left hand. For a more all-around-ish goal, I’d like to one day do Crushed to Dust, not necessarily in an official capacity. 

• Like 3