2023 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

6 minutes ago, nickthetick said:

I only have one of those implements, an Arm Assassin Finnish Ball.

This is actually a question I have. @Eric Roussin 

Do the implements have to be OEM? IronMind, Otevoima, FBBC?  

1 hour ago, Chad Gustin said:

Ben Edwards and I are excited to host the Lecompton, KS venue again for King Kong this year - we want to let everyone know that the date will be one week earlier again this year on Saturday October 21st, 2023.  We plan on also having everything set up for people to certify for the Ironmind Crushed to Dust challenge if they want to try it in between events.  We will also have a Thomas Inch Dumbbell this year for an extra challenge at the end - please PM me for more details or email me at: cgustin1@gmail.com

Chad Gustin

I hope we get at least a few that are interested in certifying on the Crushed to Dust Challenge.  It's a great venue, as usual.  Looking forward to it!  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cannon said:

This is actually a question I have. @Eric Roussin 

Do the implements have to be OEM? IronMind, Otevoima, FBBC?  

Yes, they do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I put together this video for King Kong promoters, but figured it’s worth sharing at large: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 9/21/2023 at 5:03 PM, nickthetick said:

I'd love to host one in south central PA/northern MD but I don't see it happening this year. I'm out of vacation time so I'd have to work the night before and I only have one of those implements, an Arm Assassin Finnish Ball. Maybe next year

Just to clarify the point, Arm Assassin's Finnish ball trainer isnt the OEM version and cant be used.

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 5:03 PM, nickthetick said:

I'd love to host one in south central PA/northern MD but I don't see it happening this year. I'm out of vacation time so I'd have to work the night before and I only have one of those implements, an Arm Assassin Finnish Ball. Maybe next year

If you're ever trying  to let me know. I have a Finnish Ball and will gladly let you borrow it. 

Also, Tim is hosting in New Jersey if you can make it. Not sure how far it is for you but it's an hour from me in Philadelphia.  

• Thanks 1

VENUE ADDED:

Ben Helms will be hosting a King Kong venue in Vinton, Virginia, on October 21st!

• Like 4

On 9/22/2023 at 4:12 PM, Eric Roussin said:

I put together this video for King Kong promoters, but figured it’s worth sharing at large: 

Great video.  I would love to buy one of those banners.  Is artwork available anywhere?

VENUE ADDED:

Andrew Nguyen will be hosting a King Kong venue in Carp, Ontario, on October 21st!

• Like 1

These are the medals for the top three finishers in each class in the youth division (based on international standings). The Youth division is an optional division offered at the individual venue promoter’s discretion. So please confirm with your local venue host to see if/she will be offering it.

4AF7625F-5863-4003-BB0C-837A98BA94D6.jpeg

• Like 6

VENUE ADDED:

Josh Culpepper will be hosting a King Kong venue in St. Louis, Missouri!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Russell said:

I am new to gripboard and this would be my first competition. How do I get in contact with my local host and sign up?

I can help put you in touch with the promoter. Which venue? (full list can be found on the first post)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott Russell said:

I am new to gripboard and this would be my first competition. How do I get in contact with my local host and sign up?

Welcome!

2 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

I can help put you in touch with the promoter. Which venue? (full list can be found on the first post)

I would be participating at the Vancouver Washington venue.

48 minutes ago, Scott Russell said:

I would be participating at the Vancouver Washington venue.

PM sent with contact info.

ADDITIONAL VENUES:

Tyler Young will be hosting a King Kong venue in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Arthur Zavras will be hosting a King Kong venue in Doreen, Victoria, Australia.

Over 30 venues so far!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

ADDITIONAL VENUES:

Tyler Young will be hosting a King Kong venue in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Arthur Zavras will be hosting a King Kong venue in Doreen, Victoria, Australia.

Over 30 venues so far!

Biggest ever!

On 9/22/2023 at 5:12 PM, Eric Roussin said:

Am I correct for Finnish Ball that it doesn’t matter what’s happening above the wrist? As long as the hand and thumb approach is correct you can otherwise be bent at the wrist and elbow?

31 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Am I correct for Finnish Ball that it doesn’t matter what’s happening above the wrist? As long as the hand and thumb approach is correct you can otherwise be bent at the wrist and elbow?

Yes

• Thanks 1

For those who are curious, the 11th Annual International King Kong Grip Challenge is already underway. More than 50 people competed across five venues this past weekend. Six additional venues will be running the contest this weekend, while action at the remaining 20 venues will happen on the main contest date of October 28th. If all goes well, results should be posted on the 29th!

• Like 3

Ukraine started the competition!

I wish everyone good luck on the platform and no injuries!
May these hours be happy for all of us!

photo_2023-10-21_01.jpg

• Like 10

23 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Ukraine started the competition!

I wish everyone good luck on the platform and no injuries!
May these hours be happy for all of us!

photo_2023-10-21_01.jpg

Good luck, Ukraine!  In every respect.  Be well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1