2023 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Vince Broderick said:

Anyone know if there will likely be a venue in New England?

Nothing confirmed yet. Interested in hosting?

Venue Added!

Jason Steeves will be hosting a King Kong venue in Calgary, Alberta!

• Like 3

I would definitely be interested in hosting next year. Would like to compete this year and see the flow first!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Vince Broderick said:

I would definitely be interested in hosting next year. Would like to compete this year and see the flow first!

Currently your closest options would probably be the Hillsborough, New Jersey venue or my venue in Ottawa, depending on where you are in New England.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Chad Gustin and I met up for some grip testing on the King Kong implements this weekend. On the Ironmind Block, it curious what the other promoters are going to attach it to. It can be hooked up to a standard Ironmind loading pin. Or a bunch of other loading pins. But does the starting height matter, as long as the pull is over 6"? 

Chad let me take the IM Block to train with. So I hooked it to my standard loading pin and the top of the block is at crotch height at the start of the lift. I also use cement blocks to stand on with other lifts. But I like the feel of it without standing on the blocks. 

Screenshot_20230726_192501_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.53091493ee5fac00a24a825f827adb1b.jpgChad Gustin and I met up for some grip testing on the King Kong implements this weekend. On the Ironmind Block, it curious what the other promoters are going to attach it to. It can be hooked up to a standard Ironmind loading pin. Or a bunch of other loading pins. But does the starting height matter, as long as the pull is over 6"? 

Chad let me take the IM Block to train with. So I hooked it to my standard loading pin and the top of the block is at crotch height at the start of the lift. I also use cement blocks to stand on with other lifts. But I like the feel of it without standing on the blocks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mashmonster268 said:

Screenshot_20230726_192501_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.53091493ee5fac00a24a825f827adb1b.jpgChad Gustin and I met up for some grip testing on the King Kong implements this weekend. On the Ironmind Block, it curious what the other promoters are going to attach it to. It can be hooked up to a standard Ironmind loading pin. Or a bunch of other loading pins. But does the starting height matter, as long as the pull is over 6"? 

For King Kong, the starting height doesn’t matter, as long as the weight goes up at least 6 inches.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

For King Kong, the starting height doesn’t matter, as long as the weight goes up at least 6 inches.

That's good to hear, thank you!

• Like 1

VENUE ADDED:

Harri Tolonen has confirmed that he will once again be hosting a venue in Järvenpää, Finland!

• Like 4

VENUE ADDED:

Frank Chaudoin will be hosting a venue in Vancouver, Washington!

Interested in possibly hosting a venue? Just reach out to me.

• Like 3

The list keeps growing! Thomas Larsen has confirmed he'll be hosting a venue in Arendal, Norway, and Joseph Hodgson will be hosting in Sydney, Australia!

• Like 6

VENUE ADDED:

Santeri Mikkonen will be hosting a venue in Kuusamo, Finland!

Up to 25 venues now in case anyone's not keeping track. :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

VENUE ADDED:

John Enzenauer will be hosting a King Kong venue in Rockford, Illinois!

• Like 1

Added this contest to the GSI contests email I send out.

• Like 1

VENUE ADDED:

I'm happy to report that Jedd Johnson will be hosting a King Kong venue once again in Wyalusing, PA!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

VENUE ADDED:

I'm happy to report that Jedd Johnson will be hosting a King Kong venue once again in Wyalusing, PA!

Whew!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:34 PM, Eric Roussin said:

VENUE ADDED:

Napalm, are Canadians allowed to compete at your venue?

• Like 2

If anyone is looking to compete, but doesn't know where to go for more details about a particular venue, please reach out to me. I can put you in touch with the promoter.

• Like 1

Ben Edwards and I are excited to host the Lecompton, KS venue again for King Kong this year - we want to let everyone know that the date will be one week earlier again this year on Saturday October 21st, 2023.  We plan on also having everything set up for people to certify for the Ironmind Crushed to Dust challenge if they want to try it in between events.  We will also have a Thomas Inch Dumbbell this year for an extra challenge at the end - please PM me for more details or email me at: cgustin1@gmail.com

Chad Gustin

• Like 4

I'd love to host one in south central PA/northern MD but I don't see it happening this year. I'm out of vacation time so I'd have to work the night before and I only have one of those implements, an Arm Assassin Finnish Ball. Maybe next year

• Like 1