Dubya's Escapades

dubyagrip

25 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

You gotta dig deep.

Barrel right through your goals. 

13 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

You know I’m pretty sure Popeye could stick his gripper in olive oil and then close it.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You know I’m pretty sure Popeye could stick his gripper in olive oil and then close it.

Bro

• Haha 1

Nice one ,now that's a image 🤪

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Bro

I sorta moved the goal posts with that one didnt i. 🤣

• Haha 1

fun challenge, pretty easy.

• Like 6

I'm looking for another fun challenge for you. I remember the video, but cannot find it yet. And the person was either @Teemu I or @mobsterone, not sure why I cannot remember who. They both might have done this. 

Anyway the feat is to close a #3 IN THE PACKAGE. Like they didn't open it or anything. They took a new #3 and just crushed it, package and all! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

I'm looking for another fun challenge for you. I remember the video, but cannot find it yet. And the person was either @Teemu I or @mobsterone, not sure why I cannot remember who. They both might have done this. 

Anyway the feat is to close a #3 IN THE PACKAGE. Like they didn't open it or anything. They took a new #3 and just crushed it, package and all! 

Back in the day (and even now with a little gripper work) I think I could have done this. I DID do a close of a three hanging upside down

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

That's one of the coolest things I've ever heard. New life goal established.

2 hours ago, mobsterone said:

Back in the day (and even now with a little gripper work) I think I could have done this. I DID do a close of a three hanging upside down

No doubt Steve! 

It must have been Teemu but I still cannot find the video. 

7 hours ago, Cannon said:

Fine, I'll do it. 😀

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Finished 1st in Wyoming today, was cool to meet @Vinnie and @temmmeeee and hang out for the day.

Congrats man strong lifts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Way cool supper strong

• Like 1

Huge lifts congratulations on the win. Really impressive results on the hub. It seems like everyone was hitting big PRs on the hub that day which is always great to see in a contest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Huge lifts congratulations on the win. Really impressive results on the hub. It seems like everyone was hitting big PRs on the hub that day which is always great to see in a contest. 

I tried 80lbs since I was the last man standing, but I got it only 2" off the ground lol

Thanks man!

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 1

Looks like it was a great time. Strong lifting..

• Thanks 1

i wanted to do something productive even though I'm still totally wrecked from the comp...

190lb 2" DB Lifts
190lb 2.5" DB LOLs
166lb 2.5" DB LIfts

Tried to control the tilt...

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 4

Nice lifts

New country crush gear

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 6

How much of a weight difference do you feel from the raptor handle and the rolling thunder? I mean that 150 looked smooth and didn't seem like a 1 rep max and you did a 195 at your last contest on the rolling thunder. 

The pinch block looks really interesting though

The equipment looks really high quality though. I like the double handles quit a bit even for the rolling ones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

How much of a weight difference do you feel from the raptor handle and the rolling thunder? I mean that 150 looked smooth and didn't seem like a 1 rep max and you did a 195 at your last contest on the rolling thunder. 

The pinch block looks really interesting though

The equipment looks really high quality though. I like the double handles quit a bit even for the rolling ones. 

I'm still not recovered from Saturday so I was really just testing the gear out.  I think I pretty much have it figured that every quarter inch on these rotating handles will add or subtract 25lbs.  I bet I can pull 175-180 if I warm up and have another day or two of rest.

I pulled 270lbs with the 3" round handles at a comp, so the 3" pinch blocks lowered it by 100lbs.

Great gear, fun lifts.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 1

Nice work 

Had some fun training back tonight without focusing on grip implements.

• Like 8

Was gonna show off and do both hands, but my right wasn't feeling it from my heavy gripper work. I just went offhand and completed the challenge.

Now, I can spend a month or so purely on grippers and get my 3.5 cert.

https://www.ironmind.com/news/Jaland-Worley-Certifies-on-the-Crushed-To-Dust-Challenge/

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 6