Kettlebell exercises to improve wrist strength

Kluv#0

21 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That last one looked particularly easy lol.  Wow.

Actually for me that was the "easiest" but still very challenging. Crazy but true- the 44 LB Kettlebell supination wrist turns are brutally difficult and first time I tried I could only do 2 reps. That was the hardest for me of the 3.

15 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Meaning the opposite of course.  I have been doing a little more with sledge hammers lately, hoping to work the wrists a little, but my caveman mind has trouble remembering which movement is supination and which is pronation and which is neither lol.  I suppose if you are doing a little of everything it doesn't matter if you know what to call it.  Just weird that I was always a smart guy, but certain specific words/areas always elude my mastery.  It's like my brain says, you've done enough, you're just not gonna do those words, no.  Live without them.

Vinnie, Great to hear you are training the sledges. Sometimes hard to quantify (big word for me) how translates to specific lifts but you will notice a difference over time. Good way to remember Pronation - knuckles moving in. Supination - Knuckles moving out. Ulnar and Radial - Ulnar smallest so Pinkie up. Radial - gives thumbs up. 

I was thinking of you as I was telling a grip buddy good luck at Nationals recently. Best of luck to close the 165 RGC! Let the Legend of Vin continue to grow and get that as that would be another incredible moment for you in grip! Good luck in contest overall too!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

I wanted to wrap this thread with 3 Elite Kettlebell Lifts I have done recently. Best of strength to all, be consistent with wrist training and results will show. 

Like i said before, you've got tendons of steel!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Finally achieved 36 KG Kettlebell Horn Press and some other feats I have accomplished this Summer. 32 KG(70LB) Kettlebell Cross, 24 KG (53 LB) Kettlebell Supination Wrist Turn, 48 KG (106 LB) Wrist Stabilizer hold - 5 seconds, Left hand Wrist Flips 20 KG Pronation/Supination Combo 13 reps. Very proud to have the ability and health to do this at age 56. Summer 2023

bossy.png

cross.jpg

mct 11.png

• Like 8

Last week feats- 32 KG (70 LB) KB Pronation Wrist Turn (Floor which is harder than standing) 24 KG (53 LB) Left Hand Supination Wrist Turn (KB On table standing which is "easier' - Batraz Tibilov is only man that I have seen do it from floor) B. Shaw could do it as he did the table 53 lb. easy.  Both KB "feats" are rare (especially the 53 LB supination wrist turn) to do on same day with different paws is very satisfying.  Out of the 6 elements of wrist strength pronation is my "weak" link- happy to accomplish that standard of weight albeit with less than perfect form. To build up base on both of these I do 3 sets of 5-8 reps 2x weekly after my wrist routine.

pronation.jpg

supination.jpg

• Like 6

With your wrist strength you should consider competing in my Yol Bolsun contest in January - I think you'd really kick some butt in the sledge for reps event!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, climber511 said:

With your wrist strength you should consider competing in my Yol Bolsun contest in January - I think you'd really kick some butt in the sledge for reps event!

Chris, your contest sledge apparatus/set up is really innovative and definite truth teller. I appreciate the kind words but I have retired from competing. However, I would like to donate $50 to the men’s and women’s winner of the sledge event🦁 Congrats on 50 years with your wife⭐

Best of Strength, Michael Thomas 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Chris, your contest sledge apparatus/set up is really innovative and definite truth teller. I appreciate the kind words but I have retired from competing. However, I would like to donate $50 to the men’s and women’s winner of the sledge event🦁 Congrats on 50 years with your wife⭐

Best of Strength, Michael Thomas 

WOW!  Thank you so very much!  It's a shame you are done competing - I'd love to have actually met and competed with you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, climber511 said:

WOW!  Thank you so very much!  It's a shame you are done competing - I'd love to have actually met and competed with you!

Feelings mutual no doubt! You are welcome

8/19/23 Age 56 Bodyweight 212 LB - Kettlebell Supination Wrist Turns Feat BOTH hands 24 KG (53LB) Right x 4 reps after doing 5 reps prior set! Yesterday, first day of regular BUP since surgery in '21 and showed lion heart and once again got 40 KG (88 LB) - BUP is shoulder dominant but will continue to work on shoulders. Gonzo special- 32 KG (70 LB) which is not easy. Idea from Gonzo (youtube -best at kettlebells) Don't hate appreciate:)

• Like 5

Yesterday achieved a huge goal with my Supinators doing it once again. 24 KG (53 LB) Supination Wrist Turn x 3 Reps off the floor. & no bounce. Only the hardcore wrist people understand the difficulty. My supinators and extensors are my bread and butter but continue to train all-around wrist power. KB Off the floor much harder than on table.

beast supination.jpg

• Like 6

Wrapped up August '23 with PR 3 reps on KB Horn Press 32 KG (70LB) and my Double KB Wrist DL(June '23) 32 KG (70LB) Horn Twists x 11, Wrist Dl ladder for the record. Very proud of Page 8 and all of this thread as nowhere in the world can you find this amount of WRIST CENTRIC Kettlebell exercises and quality.

beast ulnar.png

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2