Kettlebell exercises to improve wrist strength

Kluv#0

thanks . that means a lot to me coming form you guys   

• Like 1

Kettlebell Wrist Twists by Horn 28KG (62LB) and Kettlebells Compressed 150LB total 36KG & 32KG! Not too shabby for 55 years old and 211 BWT. Much better than coffee to wake up.

1825021379_beastagain.png.4f554b6e878f4a0de3dcd49ab351c338.png

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2

Thumbless IM Axle 232 LB Held for over 32 seconds - done a whim after 6 1/2 months. Have been thinking of a contest comeback - never say never if.... Went up to 318 for a nice easy hold of 4 seconds. My PR on IM DO Thumbless is 362 and 287 held for over 28 seconds but was 15 lbs. heavier and much stronger upper back than my current situation.

• Like 5

Are you getting ready for a contest 

2 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Are you getting ready for a contest 

Hey John, currently not training for a contest but my lower back felt good during/ after doing axle. Have started grippers the last couple weeks and that has been a nice surprise. Wrists still very sharp. Grateful to be entertaining the idea of competing again! Make a decision with family in next week or so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Hey John, currently not training for a contest but my lower back felt good during/ after doing axle. Have started grippers the last couple weeks and that has been a nice surprise. Wrists still very sharp. Grateful to be entertaining the idea of competing again! Make a decision with family in next week or so.

we could start our own competition...... We will call it Croc and Chalk!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rest-Pause Wrist/Hand Training 62 LB KB and GHP 7 Semi-Thumbless close - this is much easier than having thumb on finger side of gripper. One of my best workouts. 22.5lb FW both left and right x 5 singles, KB Sup/Pro and put on a show DB rowing- still one of the best rower's w/o straps without question.

boss22.png

boss33.png

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Rest-Pause Wrist/Hand Training 62 LB KB and GHP 7 Semi-Thumbless close - this is much easier than having thumb on finger side of gripper. One of my best workouts. 22.5lb FW both left and right x 5 singles, KB Sup/Pro and put on a show DB rowing- still one of the best rower's w/o straps without question.

ghp7.png

ghp77.png

Insane and I am not just talking about the headband!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weather has changed side business plans but still driving hard with wrists- This week videos below WW Thumbless hold 94.7 LB - 4.4 seconds, This A.M.  IM Axle THUMBLESS Hold 215LB for 45 seconds on a shiny IM axle not some rusted out, bottom of ocean axle. Yesterday 32KG (70LB) Kettlebell Grab the horn wrist twists- idea from great bender Alex Denisovsky. Started training an old friend yesterday too- Yeah buddy!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Weather has changed side business plans but still driving hard with wrists- This week videos below WW Thumbless hold 94.7 LB - 4.4 seconds, This A.M.  IM Axle THUMBLESS Hold 215LB for 45 seconds on a shiny IM axle not some rusted out, bottom of ocean axle. Yesterday 32KG (70LB) Kettlebell Grab the horn wrist twists- idea from great bender Alex Denisovsky. Started training an old friend yesterday too- Yeah buddy!

WRIST GOD!

7 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

WRIST GOD!

Thanks big man but only ATG and DH are Wrist Monsters in Gripsport. I do have very good all-around wrist strength but not at those men level. I do appreciate though as you have very strong wrists yourself!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks big man but only ATG and DH are Wrist Monsters in Gripsport. I do have very good all-around wrist strength but not at those men level. I do appreciate though as you have very strong wrists yourself!

They are the two best no doubt, but don’t sell yourself short. 

DH impresses me more than anyone I’ve ever seen though. He doesnt seem to get the love here anymore. The stuff he posted on his 60th bday is crazy. People tell my I’m going to ruin my body doing what I do. Just yesterday my brother who’s 35 in a few days told me wait until you get a few years older… My brother is in his prime is wasting it. I think of you and Mr. Horne know the best is yet to come.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

DH impresses me more than anyone I’ve ever seen though. He doesnt seem to get the love here anymore. The stuff he posted on his 60th bday is crazy. People tell my I’m going to ruin my body doing what I do. Just yesterday my brother who’s 35 in a few days told me wait until you get a few years older… My brother is in his prime is wasting it. I think of you and Mr. Horne know the best is yet to come.

No doubt David Horne is a living LEGEND. He inspired me early on, along with Adam, to develop strong effing wrists and to do some work in the keypinch arena -worked out quite nicely! DH like you mentioned still has crazy strong grip at 60 and is always the consummate gentleman. In 2017, my first year of grip, it was David's 2HKP overall World Record that I was fortunate to eclipse and that made it so special. Great man indeed!! Thanks for the kind words, too! I feel some great lifts/feats on the horizon for both you and me.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 4:00 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

Hey Joe, this is my best wrist feat ever. 12 LB stamped sledge (13.8 lb total) held for over 19 seconds with shot glass of water held on and not spilled. My ulnar strength was World Class for over 3 years as I was doing rear pickaxe consistently 20 lbs and over. I have about 5 sledge videos where nobody has duplicated- very proud of that at my age!

I found this A.M. 2 more Sledge feats that nobody has ever duplicated- Many of my grip videos were inadvertently deleted last year. But still finding some on computer.

Edited by Kluv#0
Add more wrist feats
  • Like 4

Brand New 92 KG (202 LB) Kettlebell - Thumbless Hold first lift. Arrived yesterday afternoon and gave it a go this A.M. at conclusion of grip workout. This is a massive KB all the way around but like the challenge. 

817023008_beast92kg.jpg.91f91a8b826a6799b0d7c385ea81a454.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Brand New 92 KG (202 LB) Kettlebell - Thumbless Hold first lift. Arrived yesterday afternoon and gave it a go this A.M. at conclusion of grip workout. This is a massive KB all the way around but like the challenge. 

817023008_beast92kg.jpg.91f91a8b826a6799b0d7c385ea81a454.jpg

Insane what a monster! Wrist curls next? JK lol

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Insane what a monster! Wrist curls next? JK lol

LOL, Big man it was no joke bringing it in the garage via the house- had to go up 7 steps and down 2 steps. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, matek said:

Wow that thing is huge.😶

And great work as always!

It’s not too often I can say that to another man. But I gotta agree.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

LOL, Big man it was no joke bringing it in the garage via the house- had to go up 7 steps and down 2 steps. 

That reminds me of when I got my 88lbs kb from Dicks. I had to carry it across the 2nd floor and down the escalator and to the front of the store. That sucker got heavy real quick. And yours is more than double that.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I wanted to wrap this thread with 3 Elite Kettlebell Lifts I have done recently. Best of strength to all, be consistent with wrist training and results will show. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I wanted to wrap this thread with 3 Elite Kettlebell Lifts I have done recently. Best of strength to all, be consistent with wrist training and results will show. 

That last one looked particularly easy lol.  Wow.

• Like 2

Meaning the opposite of course.  I have been doing a little more with sledge hammers lately, hoping to work the wrists a little, but my caveman mind has trouble remembering which movement is supination and which is pronation and which is neither lol.  I suppose if you are doing a little of everything it doesn't matter if you know what to call it.  Just weird that I was always a smart guy, but certain specific words/areas always elude my mastery.  It's like my brain says, you've done enough, you're just not gonna do those words, no.  Live without them.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Meaning the opposite of course.  I have been doing a little more with sledge hammers lately, hoping to work the wrists a little, but my caveman mind has trouble remembering which movement is supination and which is pronation and which is neither lol.  I suppose if you are doing a little of everything it doesn't matter if you know what to call it.  Just weird that I was always a smart guy, but certain specific words/areas always elude my mastery.  It's like my brain says, you've done enough, you're just not gonna do those words, no.  Live without them.

Its ok,i've been known to make up my own words!

Pronation and Supination... Remember Pronation  is "Pouring" motion   Supination "Soup"... Open hand like bowl of soup

Hopefully that makes sense

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2