Kettlebell exercises to improve wrist strength

Kluv#0

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

56 KG (124LB) Bottoms Up Floor Press- First time trying this weight and got a couple scroungy singles but it takes some horsepower no doubt.

56KG (124LB) Kettlebell Bottoms Up Floor Press - YouTube

That’s friggin incredible. You’ll be owning it in no time. I don’t don’t them right now and never went to far but bottom up presses are a great bang for buck lift. I’d like to start doing them again.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

That’s friggin incredible. You’ll be owning it in no time. I don’t don’t them right now and never went to far but bottom up presses are a great bang for buck lift. I’d like to start doing them again.

Thank You! I agree with you- these are a worthy exercise for sure. The GOAT has a saying “misses are just warmups” well I had a lot warmup this A.M. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thank You! I agree with you- these are a worthy exercise for sure. The GOAT has a saying “misses are just warmups” well I had a lot warmup this A.M. 😂😂😂😂😂

i agree 100%

Obviously everyone here on the grip board knows but people don't realize the balls it takes to do what you just did "warming up" with that kettlebell. 

I want to add these to my routine, but between levering and bending I don't want to over do it on my wrists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

i agree 100%

Obviously everyone here on the grip board knows but people don't realize the balls it takes to do what you just did "warming up" with that kettlebell. 

I want to add these to my routine, but between levering and bending I don't want to over do it on my wrists.

You have love for wrist strength that will serve you well for decades. I would add them in to your routine maybe 1 x every 2 weeks- fun and challenging to break up routine. Like you mentioned, it is definitely an exercise that one needs to be 100% focused.

25 minutes ago, JasonD said:

Wow! That’s awesome Michael!💪💪💪💪

Thanks Champ! I actually thought of you when thinking of the men who could do this on Gripboard. You most definitely, Jesse, David, Igor, maybe Adam and Tom. TBH, I think you would destroy this and do 150 LB KB. It was scroungy like I mentioned in original post but got it barely:)

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 8:17 AM, Kluv#0 said:

You have love for wrist strength that will serve you well for decades. I would add them in to your routine maybe 1 x every 2 weeks- fun and challenging to break up routine. Like you mentioned, it is definitely an exercise that one needs to be 100% focused.

Yeah thanks, there’s something about wrist strength…I wish I recorded and tracked my training, there was a time I might have been close to bottoms up overhead pressing a 55lbs kettlebell, but I can’t remember. I’m sure with a little practice I could get to 32kg pretty quick, with the floor press. After that is when the real work starts.

56kg is just amazing.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yeah thanks, there’s something about wrist strength…I wish I recorded and tracked my training, there was a time I might have been close to overhead pressing a 55lbs kettlebell, but I can’t remember. I’m sure with a little practice I could get to 32kg pretty quick, with the floor press.

56kg is just amazing.

No doubt you would get 32KG- you are a strong dude with lots of heart and wrist strength- which always helps! Wrist strength travels well.

• Like 1

Kettlebell Forearm Flips - works radial deviation. Various ways to do this but I prefer this style. If you want to overload or grind out extra reps just lift heels and /or lean forward and back.

Failed again trying for 80LB Horn Press (last KB goal of mine) had not tried in a month but despite shoulders tad stronger (still weak) not getting it. I did get 2 quality reps at 70 LB.

Edited by Kluv#0
Add
  • Like 3

Nothing to do with KB's but tried something quite different

silly60.png.395cb950d97c451ee9245d90742ad1bb.png

• Like 5

Towel Kettlebell 90° Hold 48KG (106LB) over 30 seconds.  Crazy work with floor pressing KB's Bottoms up and Horn press variety. Finished with lots of towel KB curls, towel gun walks and holds. Getting closer to my never-before-seen sledgehammer feat. True strength is ideal not just implement strength- facts!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Towel Kettlebell 90° Hold 48KG (106LB) over 30 seconds.  Crazy work with floor pressing KB's Bottoms up and Horn press variety. Finished with lots of towel KB curls, towel gun walks and holds. Getting closer to my never-before-seen sledgehammer feat. True strength is ideal not just implement strength- facts!

I can not wait to see your never before seen sledge feat.. I have one idea of what it could be but i'm probably wrong. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I can not wait to see your never before seen sledge feat.. I have one idea of what it could be but i'm probably wrong. 

I have about 3-4 Sledge feats that nobody has ever duplicated and this one is maybe harder than those. It is one of the feats that I have tried about 50 x and just need a day of perfection. Thanks for checking out the thread!

• Like 3

Very impressive

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 1:28 PM, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Champ! I actually thought of you when thinking of the men who could do this on Gripboard. You most definitely, Jesse, David, Igor, maybe Adam and Tom. TBH, I think you would destroy this and do 150 LB KB. It was scroungy like I mentioned in original post but got it barely:)

I think you’re giving me too much credit? I think that would definitely take some dedicated training. Looks incredibly tough!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JasonD said:

I think you’re giving me too much credit? I think that would definitely take some dedicated training. Looks incredibly tough!

That it does, but you could do it no doubt.   I did quickly tried it for sets of 3 reps the other day with a 44lbs kettlebell, not the most stable but didn't feel to heavy. 

If i can do that right now... You've got to be able to do around at at least 100lbs. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JasonD said:

Jason, you would get reps on 124 LB Kettlebell as your triceps are much more powerful than mine. 150 LB would have your full attention, but you would get it - either first time or 2-3 sessions later. Fun exercise for sure.

• Like 2

Yesterday's Cannonbell Wrist Curls. Cool exercise that you don't need much weight unless you want to do a static hold.

• Like 3

32KG (70LB) Horn Floor Press x 4. Ulnar deviation, triceps worked. This was my 20th different Kettlebell WRIST specific exercise in this thread, and most have never seen before. Very proud to have accomplished this and helped/inspired others. Lots of influence from Eastern Europe men and 5-7 exercises I came up with myself. 8/12/22 I did the 40KG for a single- brutally hard.

Edited by Kluv#0
add
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

68 KG (150LB) Kettlebell Wrist Deadlift x 5 - wanted to share this as 5 reps at this weight was a goal that I thought might elude me. Have been driving many hours working on major project and have been intermittent fasting (lost 8 lbs) and feeling really good when I do workout. 2 other KB exercises - one is ideal for armwrestlers - Pronation wrist turns and other is perfect for anyone wanting hand and wrist strength.

Edited by Kluv#0
Add
  • Like 5

Nice work like always.

All these KB exercises i'd like to do, but I gotta focus on the basics of grip for now. They look like they are very beneficial for sledgehammer feats.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Nice work like always.

All these KB exercises i'd like to do, but I gotta focus on the basics of grip for now. They look like they are very beneficial for sledgehammer feats.

Thanks Joe. Fun yet beneficial exercises for sure. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

68 KG (150LB) Kettlebell Wrist Deadlift x 5 - wanted to share this as 5 reps at this weight was a goal that I thought might elude me. Have been driving many hours working on major project and have been intermittent fasting (lost 8 lbs) and feeling really good when I do workout. 2 other KB exercises - one is ideal for armwrestlers - Pronation wrist turns and other is perfect for anyone wanting hand and wrist strength.

Crazy stuff man!

• Thanks 1

10 second Radial Deviation Hold with 68KG (150LB) Kettlebell. Age 55 BWT 212. This is a very hard feat and to hold it for 10 seconds was borderline insanity

crazyy.png

• Like 2

I thought it would be informative (as many have never seen or tried these lifts) to list (IMO) my top 5 hardest Kettlebell wrist feats.

1. Ulnar KB DL 68KG (150LB) Page 4

2. Horn (Ulnar) Floor Press 40KG (88LB) Page 5

3. 68KG (150LB) Wrist DL x 5 Page 5

4. 56KG (124LB) KB Bottoms Up Floor Press Page 4

5. Batraz KB Supination 16KG (35LB) Page2

Edited by Kluv#0
description
  • Like 3