Kettlebell exercises to improve wrist strength

Kluv#0

17 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I thought it would be informative (as many have never seen or tried these lifts) to list (IMO) my top 5 hardest Kettlebell feats.

1. Ulnar KB DL 68KG (150LB) Page 4

2.Ulnar Floor Press 40KG (88LB) Page 5

3. 68KG (150LB) Wrist DL x 5 Page 5

4. 56KG (124LB) KB Bottoms Up Floor Press Page 4

5. Batraz KB Supination 16KG (35LB) Page2

I just rewatched them all. Excellent motivation! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, matek said:

I just rewatched them all. Excellent motivation! 

Thanks Muscles!  I will post a more informative top 5- the best KB wrist exercises to improve wrist strength.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Muscles!  I will post a more informative top 5- the best KB wrist exercises to improve wrist strength.

Looking forward to it, as always! 

• Like 3

IMO, the top 5 most beneficial KB "wrist specific" exercises on my thread.

No particular order

Kettlebell Wrist Turns - Supination Style Page 4

Kettlebell Wrist Turns - Pronation Style Page 5

Kettlebell Forearm Flips (Radial) Page 5

Kettlebell Scoop Page 5- really a great, great exercise for any level! (I came up with that idea)

Horn Press (Ulnar) - Standing Press Page 4 or Floor press Page 5

Edited by Kluv#0
spelling
  • Like 4

32KG (70LB) KB Scoop Hold - PR of 15 seconds. During lifts/holds you want to prevent KB from touching forearm and keep handle vertical. Really a nice exercise and not much weight needed.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Fat Gripz Extreme Thumbless Hold - over 27 seconds(PR) 68KG (150LB) Kettlebell. This is easier than FGX attached to DB but you still have to have the goods holding it this amount of time with this heavy KB. Age 55 BWT 210 LB. Intermittent Fasting has been great and is very easy.

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 5

Supper man

way cool supper strong

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Fat Gripz Extreme Thumbless Hold - over 27 seconds(PR) 68KG (150LB) Kettlebell. This is easier than FGX attached to DB but you still have to have the goods holding it this amount of time with this heavy KB. Age 55 BWT 210 LB. Intermittent Fasting has been great and is very easy.

Insane! You are a wrist monster.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Insane! You are a wrist monster.

Thanks big man right back at ya! I was happy with the PR as the width of FGX on the KB is 3 5/8" which is Nasty, LOL

33 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Supper man

way cool supper strong

Thanks John- I appreciate!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks big man right back at ya! I was happy with the PR as the width of FGX on the KB is 3 5/8" which is Nasty, LOL

Wow that is INSANELY wide!

I miss training my wrists hopefully I can start training them again in the near future.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Wow that is INSANELY wide!

I miss training my wrists hopefully I can start training them again in the near future.

I knew you were taking a break from wrist training but I hope you get back at the grind in near future! You have excellent wrist strength and talent. Wrist strength is earned not given which I love!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

I knew you were taking a break from wrist training but I hope you get back at the grind in near future! You have excellent wrist strength and talent. Wrist strength is earned not given which I love!

I was forced to take a break due to a skin condition I have.

Grippers are the only things that don't affect it.

Self exertion worsens my acne and triggers abscesses for some reason.

I have had several of them and one of them nearly killed me.

Thanks for the kind words!

I also love the fact that wrist strength is earned and not given.

Edited by DevilErik
Forgot an s.
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I was forced to take a break due to a skin condition I have.

Grippers are the only thing that don't affect it.

Self exertion worsens my acne and triggers abscesses for some reason.

I have had several of them and one of them nearly killed me.

Thanks for the kind words!

I also love the fact that wrist strength is earned and not given.

That sucks but it’s awesome you don’t let it stop you. Maybe once you get to where you want with grippers you can dial back and focus on wrist. Then it won’t be as much stress on the system.

• Like 2

The North Carolina AGP4 comp last weekend had two wrist events: lever top and sledge choke.  I had never done either before.  Lever top was miserable; I could not even do 60 pounds.  The sledge choke was better; I got 12 inches away from the head of an 18-pound hammer for a score of 216.  I do have three sledges at home: 6, 8, 10.  I would like to explore what I might do with them.  I can see working on the choke with them, and also holding them behind me, the way Michael did with the 20-something pound club for time in one of the vids on here.  And of course I can always do some sledge lever motions (lowering to head).  Any other motions worth working?  I don't have any kettle bells and it is not a good time to acquire equipment because I have no place to keep what I already have, and am not sure when I will be moving.  I can use kettle bells at the gym I belong to, I guess.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

The North Carolina AGP4 comp last weekend had two wrist events: lever top and sledge choke.  I had never done either before.  Lever top was miserable; I could not even do 60 pounds.  The sledge choke was better; I got 12 inches away from the head of an 18-pound hammer for a score of 216.  I do have three sledges at home: 6, 8, 10.  I would like to explore what I might do with them.  I can see working on the choke with them, and also holding them behind me, the way Michael did with the 20-something pound club for time in one of the vids on here.  And of course I can always do some sledge lever motions (lowering to head).  Any other motions worth working?  I don't have any kettle bells and it is not a good time to acquire equipment because I have no place to keep what I already have, and am not sure when I will be moving.  I can use kettle bells at the gym I belong to, I guess.

Vinnie, your wrist results were very good! Lever Top is unique and Sledge Choke is a true classic event. IMO, James is top 5 All-Time wrist guy in Gripsport - very cool you did very well in his presence. I will post early next week my staple wrist/sledge routine with some judo belt lifts. KB's you don't need much weight to do pronation and supination wrist turns but the benefit will be impactful. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Is the lever top the one made by Horne? I plan on buying g that when I make my next order from him.

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

Is the lever top the one made by Horne? I plan on buying g that when I make my next order from him.

I don't know anything at all about the lever top, including how to do it lol.  At the comp I waited to open until a teenager who weighed less than I do failed it, cockily thinking I would surely be able to do a few pounds more than a thin kid -- and then I failed it also lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Kettlebells compressed-Tried a fun new exercise(Jason Dingey would kill at this one) and a brutal wrist feat - both after watching Kettlebell wizard and wrist strong ASF- A. Denisovsky. If you try the KB stack lift(pic below) be very mindful of top KB "could" inflict damage if lands on forearm or off-hand- Thanks. Off to coast for week but be back with extra motivation to get a great hub feat done. Happy grinding brothers.

602510036_tmoney1.png.ae0f281a59b5e595e01476b13974a657.png916600449_tonmey22.png.1369a2ff2b0fd07235152b8f938e20af.png

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Kettlebells compressed-Tried a fun new exercise(Jason Dingey would kill at this one) and a brutal wrist feat - both after watching Kettlebell wizard and wrist strong ASF- A. Denisovsky. If you try the KB stack lift(pic below) be very mindful of top KB "could" inflict damage if lands on forearm or off-hand- Thanks. Off to coast for week but be back with extra motivation to get a great hub feat done. Happy grinding brothers.

602510036_tmoney1.png.ae0f281a59b5e595e01476b13974a657.png916600449_tonmey22.png.1369a2ff2b0fd07235152b8f938e20af.png

wow that incredible. 

have fun!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Freaking awesome!

• Thanks 1

that's way cool

supper human strength 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

that's way cool

supper human strength 

Thanks for kind words big John! Speaking of super human gripper strength(not me)
I closed THUMBLESS CoC #2.5 this A.M.  felt good but amazed to find out the biggest of gripper dogs can do CoC #3 Thumbless - that is crazy strength!
Have a great week and keep killing it on your workouts- very impressive weight and volume - heck, I get worn down reading all your sets & reps-truly awesome at any age💯🦁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks for kind words big John! Speaking of super human gripper strength(not me)
I closed THUMBLESS CoC #2.5 this A.M.  felt good but amazed to find out the biggest of gripper dogs can do CoC #3 Thumbless - that is crazy strength!
Have a great week and keep killing it on your workouts- very impressive weight and volume - heck, I get worn down reading all your sets & reps-truly awesome at any age💯🦁

yup hes Big Bad John.

stick to the diesel engines and stay away from the coal mines!

• Like 1