Ivan Cuk

• 3 months later...

Thats insane 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Now that’s strong 💪 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivan Cuk said:

Insane. 6 reps ccs at 180 rgc is incredible. The only other person I've seen do more is Carl who did 9 ccs reps with a 3.5, and I'd imagine the only other people who have even been somewhat close so far are Nathan, David, and Nikita.

This is quite an improvement from your video of doing 7 (roughly 30-38mm) wide set reps at 179 rgc from 10 months ago.

I'm guessing your 1 rep css max is up from 202 rgc almost a year ago, to 210+ now.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Insane. 6 reps ccs at 180 rgc is incredible. The only other person I've seen do more is Carl who did 9 ccs reps with a 3.5, and I'd imagine the only other people who have even been somewhat close so far are Nathan, David, and Nikita.

This is quite an improvement from your video of doing 7 (roughly 30-38mm) wide set reps at 179 rgc from 10 months ago.

I'm guessing your 1 rep css max is up from 202 rgc almost a year ago, to 210+ now.

Thanks, yeah 7 reps should give me 216 ccs. After the Arnolds I'll run a volume and strength block, simple 5 x 6,7,8 @60 followed by 5 x 6,7,8 @70. Then a basic linear to 216, all ccs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

Thanks, yeah 7 reps should give me 216 ccs. After the Arnolds I'll run a volume and strength block, simple 5 x 6,7,8 @60 followed by 5 x 6,7,8 @70. Then a basic linear to 216, all ccs. 

Sounds like a solid plan! Is your goal to cert coc#4 after the 216 ccs or will you wait to hit a higher rgc?

9 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

The speed on those warm-ups was crazy, looking super strong.

There's something very endearing about an elite athlete sounding almost surprised while saying "I got stronger" after putting in tons of hard work to do so. 

Incredibly strong!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

This soulds like an awesome plan. Maybe a cert attempt could also be plausible in person during the Arnolds, that would be insanely cool!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Sounds like a solid plan! Is your goal to cert coc#4 after the 216 ccs or will you wait to hit a higher rgc?

Yeah average 4 is 214 so once I can do it I'll just go for it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alex K said:

This soulds like an awesome plan. Maybe a cert attempt could also be plausible in person during the Arnolds, that would be insanely cool!

Well at the Arnolds is difficult if you're competing. I do want to certify the 4 in person, I won't do it online. However I need to do it first before worrying about that.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Some pr's from the weekend 116.5kg saxon and 196.5kg axle. 

• Like 9

super cool DEADLIFT

• Like 1

Now that I've had a good weeks rest from the Arnolds. Time to start working back into grippers, and slowly ramp up to a 4 cert. Below is a playlist I made for future training videos to be put in so some of you guys who are interested can check out. 

• Like 6

Interesting use of the Saxon Bar 

May I ask why you do those?

TYVM for taking the time to answer.

1 hour ago, Phil K said:

He may have thought it up himself, but I know @Carl Myerscough likes to do these, so he may have picked them up/adopted them from him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil K said:

I got the idea from Carl and Odd a while back, the main premise behind these is to target the wrist portion of the lift. Whether you are doing axle, inch, rolling handle, or saxon, your wrist strength matters a lot. You can have the strength in your fingers or thumb to lift a close or pinch with a straight wrist (ie; gripper, pinch block). However with other lifts you need the wrist to keep your fingers under the bar so they can hold the weight as opposed to picking up the weight with a straight or even extended wrist. You will often see people that do it this way drop the weight just at lockout or at their knees, especially if they can deadlift a lot they might speed pull 400lbs on axle and just drop it because all the weight is going into their fingertips from start to finish. Maintaining the wrist helps keep your fingers and thumb in a position to hold it more effectively. Carl has a demonstration of it to help visually understand it. Timestamped below 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/02/2024 at 23:19, John Knowlton said:

Maintenant c'est fort💪 

unique and truly rare

On 15/02/2024 at 12:12, Ivan Cuk said:

Ouais, la moyenne de 4 est de 214, donc une fois que je peux le faire, j'y vais.

you are soon ready to enter the history of coc 4

On 08/03/2024 at 17:55, John Knowlton said:

super cool DEADLIFT

congratulations it's a big number more than twice your weight it's very powerful. you have improved your forearm strength which are enormous