Beefbuilder Worldclass

RSW

Is closing the Beefbuilder Worldclass possible?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Is closing the Beefbuilder Worldclass possible?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but it will take a genetically modified human.

I agree with Bill. People need to read up and get some time in with various grippers. If you don't want to get bullyed as you were saying don't make stupid comments. One man who I believe knows what hes talking about more than anyone on this board is Warren Tetting and I heard him mention to his neighbor while at his shop that the WC is not possible. At least not for mortal humans. So what if Nathan can get it to parralell hes only scratched the surface of the beast.

Edited by mattvanweele

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Rick Browne

• Patrik_F

• Tom of Iowa2

I've felt a WC and Still think it can be closed. I've Done my homework, and talked to a man who cna do reps on a #3 that agrees with me. I will not bring up any names. Unless he wants to say it. If the bones did in fact break. Theyw ould only grow back stronger. At least most of the time. Anyway if you determined enough you'd be able to work through it after it healed. it may give you a minor set back. but who cares.

I've felt a WC and Still think it can be closed. I've Done my homework, and talked to a man who cna do reps on a #3 that agrees with me. I will not bring up any names. Unless he wants to say it. If the bones did in fact break. Theyw ould only grow back stronger. At least most of the time. Anyway if you determined enough you'd be able to work through it after it healed. it may give you a minor set back. but who cares.

i agree why can't you guys just open your eyes take nathan holle for example it's not like he's going to get weaker in grip :blink ... beside how strong do you think a mans grip can get, i believe strong enough to close WC :whistel

If this carries on I'm gonna have to buy me a WC and square a circle just to kee people hushed up but first a CoC4. Actually first a RB 300ip, then a RB 330ip then a CoC4 then maybe (years from now) a WC :D

And then the ultimate goal Robert Barabans WT. :bow

Actually first a RB 300ip, then a RB 330ip then a CoC4 then maybe (years from now) a WC 

In comparison, I think the RB330 is a little stronger than a #4.

The RB330 I have has a spingwire of 0.320 and the two #4s I have,

measured a springwire of 0.312

In doing cheat closes though, this is where the comparison of toughness

shows and the RB330 is harder. However, this RB330 I have is relatively

new and not broke in yet, and as more cheat closes are put to it, I will see

if it drops in toughness..............

Actually first a RB 300ip, then a RB 330ip then a CoC4 then maybe (years from now) a WC 

In comparison, I think the RB330 is a little stronger than a #4.

The RB330 I have has a spingwire of 0.320 and the two #4s I have,

measured a springwire of 0.312

In doing cheat closes though, this is where the comparison of toughness

shows and the RB330 is harder. However, this RB330 I have is relatively

new and not broke in yet, and as more cheat closes are put to it, I will see

if it drops in toughness..............

I agree. I have pushed 4's closer than I can currently get a 330ip RB gripper. But it's not seasoned yet.

I agree. I have pushed 4's closer than I can currently get a 330ip RB gripper. But it's not seasoned yet.

I am at least able to put my 4s handles together 2 handed for a brutal negative,

But this RB330....man this beast only gets me to 1/4 inch of close using 2 hands....

For mercy sakes................

LOL!

My 330 is not as hard as any of my #4s, not very close either. I have three #4s. Ofc, I must have some of these "new" hard #4s that has been talked about. But the hardest #4 I got is a single stamped one I got from c-o-c.de some time ago. Over 3 1/4" wide and insanely hard. I bet it must be one of the harder #4s ever, my guess. I have tried about 5-6 #4s and none of the others have been anything like it. It almost feels closer to a WC than a #4.

And I have quite a few grippers to compare to. I have many RB grippers, I have the BB ones, I have PDA grippers.

It almost feels closer to a WC than a #4.

That is interesting.... once again, variations are rampant :tongue

Patrik.. Have you been able to handle a WC? It is unbelievable......

A novelty actually.............. I do not think it to be fair to even compare

the #4 and WC in the same breath :)

Maybe it's the old variance in grippers thing going on here? Maybe not. Because I can hardly deflect my WC very much using BOTH hands. So, your assessment puzzles me. However, my guess is your strength level is such you would be unable to "rate" the hardness in order of 4 #4's if I set them in front of you. Once a gripper is so far above a strength level, it's impossible to rate the hardness one against the other.

Warren Tetting is almost the father of grippers. If anyone knows grippers, he does.

Maybe it's the old variance in grippers thing going on here? Maybe not. Because I can hardly deflect my WC very much using BOTH hands. So, your assessment puzzles me. However, my guess is your strength level is such you would be unable to "rate" the hardness in order of 4 #4's if I set them in front of you. Once a gripper is so far above a strength level, it's impossible to rate the hardness one against the other.

Warren Tetting is almost the father of grippers. If anyone knows grippers, he does.

Never mind. I just checked the age thread and looked at the ages of some of those in this thread. I am done posting on this one. :rolleyes

Lets examine the springwire diameter differences in the #3 #4 and WC

The #4 is 29 thousandths thicker than a #3.. and we know how tough this difference is.

The WC is 30 thousandths thicker than a #4.

The WC is 59 thousandths thicker than a #3.......

That is a huge hunk of steelwire thickness difference in these 3 grippers.

"Holy thickness, aint gonna squeeze this sucka Batman" :stuart

Haha... Everyone says my age doesnt carry weight untill it really. Matter, Well at least untill it really comes into play. I'm closing in on my #3. As soon as I get that closed maybe My comments will carry more. When I close the #4 people may actually start getting intrigued :tongue. Anyway, I still stand by what I say. Warren may be the father of All grippers, but he's never closed a #4. At least not to my knowledge.

Hello, i have been reading this thread with great intrest, this is my first post, so forgive me if i missed something. Last fall i purchased all 6 of the BB grippers from weightlifters warehouse, and i understand that the poundages are for reference only, but at that time the WC was rated at 425lbs. could this be the reason for some of the confusion? This was before the recent" re-calibration" and 10 strength lineup. Mike

Yes, I have had a WC for almost a year. I can close it with both hands using the thigs a little without much problem.

Yes, I have had a WC for almost a year. I can close it with both hands using the thigs a little without much problem.

I couldn't close the handles on mine even using my chest, legs, back, and someone else.

So, maybe they changed?

I can close it with both hands using the thigs a little without much problem.

Yes, I use this method to close the 4 for negative crushes. To be honest I have

yet to attempt my WC in this manner. The thought never occurred to me. Actually,

I got it just for the novelty of it.

That is good stuff you are doing Patrik..........

. I use both hands, sitting down and the WC between my thigs and squeeze it with both hands and also the thigs. You have tried that?

After warming up with lower rated grippers I attempted the WC for the first

time on a 2 handed cheat close to complete closure.................

NADA! moved the handles about an inch and a half.........

Like I said, You are doing good with the WC Patrik :cool

Closing the WC that way sounds like a good inner thigh exercise. Crushing one at chest level using both hands, is a good chest workout. All you need for a full body workout is a WC gripper! :tongue :stuart :)