Beefbuilder Worldclass

RSW

Is closing the Beefbuilder Worldclass possible?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Is closing the Beefbuilder Worldclass possible?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but it will take a genetically modified human.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Rick Browne

• Patrik_F

• Tom of Iowa2

why don't you think so? you give any kid a gripper and let him train for... lets say 30 years! i think he will beable to close it.

why don't you think so? you give any kid a gripper and let him train for... lets say 30 years! i think he will beable to close it.

You just don't get it.

Gains are not linear. They are not infinite.

It's like saying a man can run a 6.0 second 100 meters because they "just train for 30 years".

Your statement borders on lunacy.

I think anyone who thinks it's possible has never felt one or was doing some bad drugs earlier.

Can anyone who has felt one think of any strength/physical feat that would be on the same level as the WC?

1000 pound RAW squat? 800 pound RAW bench? 1000 pound RAW deadlift? 1000 miles non stop on a bike? 100 mile foot race in 20 hours? Etc.

I have one-but I have not seen it in so long that I have forgotten what one feels like! :yikes

Rick Walker :rock

I think the raw powerlifts need to be heavier

I think the raw powerlifts need to be heavier

I agree with Matt. The best raw bench is what...somewhere around 720ish. That's only 80lbs to 800. The difference from a 4 to a world class is HUGE. I bet a gorilla couldn't close one.

I agree with Wannagrip. Of course we know that gains are not linear. There comes a time when we are going to start getting weaker-not stronger. When is that time? Who knows. Big Steve is getting stronger every damn day it seems and he is pushing the big 40!

Maybe, just maybe-there is a freak out there being born right now. One that has the genetic potential to make Josh Bigger and Co. look like children. One that is freakishly strong at childhood and no one knows why. Stands 6' 2" and weighs over 200 in grade school. One that falls in love with grip training at a very young age and dedicates his exsistance to closing the WC.

The chances that there is someone out there like that? Probably 1 in 10,000,000,000. The chances that that child will be interested in grippers and be dedicated to training? EVEN LESS!

So-in theory-I will have to vote a resounding "NO".

Rick Walker :rock

I do beleive it can be closed. but only under certian circumstances. If you had a child and riased them from birth on grip strength and they had good genetics then of course it could be possible. The other circumsttance is if you were devoted to grippers only. And most people want overall grip strength rather than just crushing. they just Don't seem to care to go any further most of the time.

Even if a human hand could apply that much force, surely flesh and bone can only resist so much force before something breaks? Some people choose to believe that anything is possible, and that those who say otherwise are guilty of negative thinking rather than being realistic.

Joe Kinney said that when he would close the #4 it felt like a train mashing into his wrist. I wonder what the WC would be?

-HH

Guest gripmaster316

I agree with ssj on this one. I bet you that whenever IM started producing these grippers they thought that no human hand would even get close on a 4. That thought (if there was such a thought) has been squelshed. Joe Kinney proved us wrong. Perhaps some grip freak will prove us wrong in due time. I am not saying like today or tomorrow but within a few years, who honestly knows?? I do agree with Wanna that there is a limit to human strength. And I also agree with Old Guy that the world class would bring on a world class of pain. I do think there is a small possibility of closure. Whether you believe it will be closed or not is your call.

Edited by gripmaster316

Rick - For your information, Dan Williams ran The Western States 100 in 18 hrs 3 min. back in 1989. So obviously your 100 miles in 20 hours analogy needs to be rethought!!

Mike M.

Maybe, just maybe-there is a freak out there being born right now. One that has the genetic potential to make Josh Bigger and Co. look like children. One that is freakishly strong at childhood and no one knows why. Stands 6' 2" and weighs over 200 in grade school.

I AGREE!I for one believe there are freakier grip potentials also...possibly already born!so does josh.,he thinks nothing of his strength..we are finding new guys right and left lately.Not saying that any of these new guys (that HAVE been discovered recently)will close the WC but I think we just haven't met that Gorilla yet...Josh does have a little brother who is 8 that weighs 175#though!! :laugh:laugh And I have seen his uncle Dan and his forearms make Josh's look like pee wee hermans!Not kidding-my arms are near 20 pumped and if his forearms are smaller than my upper arm??? I'd be suprised!!Josh proved himself in a real competition that he is the REAL deal and his uncle is the grip monster in that family.....No question about it.

But my point is that there is genetic potential out there way beyond the above mentioned family members.There is and there are great things on the horizon.

Griz is a great example..not a gripper squeezer..as far as we know :whistel ...but my gosh a guy who sits behind the desk.Gets a lobe of the MILLENIUM off the ground?Deadlifts the INCH...now Griz isn't some huge bodybuilder that works out all the time(like Sean The Cyborg who pulled 267 on the RT first shot and partiall curled the 181# Bigger dumbell)or some NFLer that grew up on a farm(like Ken Blackman who slammed shut a #3 first shot!)or like Josh and his family with years of farm work and wrench trning under their belts.Griz is a guy who sits behind a desk...//WOW!

Whats next??I feel its a mistake to even set limits by what we have seen and more importantly by what WE can do.Grip tests are so obscure and unknown at this juncture that it's hard to say what may happen or who may turn up next?

What if Griz?...or some guy a lot stronger than Griz...had grew up doing manual labor and was currently DOING manual labor and was also a weighlifter/bodybuilder/powerlifter..???open your minds and set your egos aside :laugh:laugh

Egos have nothing to do with this. Please explain how egos enter in saying that no one will close the world class?

Again, I've still yet to hear a COC say the World Class (at least like I own) is closable.

I agree with Bill, My World Class is only closable

with 2 handsforced together pushing against the chest

which is a struggle in itself, I have seen Dave O. close

mine like that but it was a struggle. With one hand

no way ever < <

Matt

Egos have nothing to do with this.   Please explain how egos enter in saying that no one will close the world class?

Again, I've still yet to hear a COC say the World Class (at least like I own) is closable.

:laugh The laughing smiles means it was a light hearted joke directed at people that perhaps due to their own egos can't aknowledge that others may actually be a LOT stronger than they are .OR worse yet? that there are people that do not train at all that are actually stronger than same individual(s) -that has strived for years- towards a certain strenght feat.OR the individual(s) that might think that anyone that is stronger than they are -or ahead of the curve- must be cheating in some fashion.

Sometimes people let their own egos effect their judgement .Sometimes they dont.It is NOT directed at anyone.If you aren't one of those people with an ego that will effect your judgement?then it certainly wasn't meant for you.

People often have preconceived ideas of what the strength limits of others may be .I see it and read about it all the time-not necessarily on this forum.It may be because of their/our own strength(limits)or by what their/our friends are capable of doing,what their training partners can do or by what has been recorded in history.History of grip inparticular is a very obscure area.Very few people have particiapated.it is wide open,relatively un tested(compared to the population of the planet) and has not been tried by a lot of athletes.(compared to other strength activities)At this juncture-due to the limited amount of participants-grip history really isn't that effective of a barometer.

Some folks?(no one inparticular) may think they are strong and perhaps have developed an ego because of it?If such a person exists?and they themselves can't close the WC? then their own ego would prevent them from believing that the WC will ever be closed. Also-just a thought- not everyone that has closed a #3- with or without a set- is an offical COCand such #3 closers- may of course not be on this board...but they too may have opinions and i may have heard their opinion(s).And as there may be more than one or two such unhearladed grip monsters that I personally know of?...how many DON'T i know are out there?

That is -the long version-of how egos may(could) enter in saying that no one will close the world class.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

So maybe they should change the name of the gripper from, "Worldclass" to "You'll NEVER Close This Gripper". :laugh:tongue:laugh

I say no, but what do I know.....

There are people with stronger hands than myself, no question of that. BUT, there is still no way I see anyone closing a WC. If people start closing the new breed of IM #4's, which are consistent, they will still be a long dang ways from a WC.

Theres guys getting close on the #4 but I don't think anyone will be handling a #4 like Joes the way he did it. So if people are a long way off from Joe maybe a few levels away where does the world class fit into to what people will be capable of. I don't care if you close the #3 at 5. In 30 years it doesn't mean you will be closing a #4 let alone a WC.