Mm2, Coc 3 Cert, And Armwrestling

David_wigren

indeed!!! will be awesome!!! And, yeah, it is gonna be interesting to see how the arms will feel this time around...
Also, I certainly owe you some kind of beverage due to you lending me your hard #3!!!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

The competition went pretty good. I took one win and two losses. Final position was 8th out of 14. The weightclass was fairly competitive and I was matched against some guys way beyond my current ability! Judging from the post-contest sparring I think I could've taken a few of the others down as well. With a perfect matchup I might have finished in 5th place. All in all I'm happy with my performance. Next year I know I will do better. I'm still making quick and steady gains.

Here's a video of my victory match. I went for a high hook and attacked his rotator. 

Edited by David_wigren

Arms and forearms are definitely getting bigger from the armwrestling :)

Holy crap! And that's with a moustache only? :blink try a beard and you will need to enter doorways walking sideways :D looking awesome bro 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2016 at 10:24 PM, Geralt said:

Holy crap! And that's with a moustache only? :blink try a beard and you will need to enter doorways walking sideways :D looking awesome bro 

Hahaha thank you Geralt! My full beard is still to patchy. But that's ok. I'm fine just rockin' the mustache!

Worked on the muscle up today. I use assistance bands to alow me to do more reps with strict form and no kip. 

Strict muscle ups with purple band.

10, 8, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 5

Finished off with some super sets where I do muscle ups until failure and then do straight bar dips on top of the bar until nearing failure and then pullups until almost failure. All in sucession without letting go of the bar. Didn't use rubber bands for this superset but I did allow some modest kipping.

3 muscle ups, 20 bar dips, 10 pullups

3 muscle ups, 17 bar dips, 8 pullups

Completely spent after this workout!

27/5

Deadlift with an overhand grip

60 kg - 10

100 kg - 6

130 kg - 5

150 kg -  5, 5, 5, 5, 5

100 kg - 10, 10

Push press

50 kg - 6

80 kg - 5, 4

70 kg - 6, 5

Military press

50 kg - 6, 5, 5

High leg lifts

10, 10, 10

reverse flyes on machine 

12, 12, 12

rotatorcuf work, external rotation 3 sets.

Did some heavy stretching when I got home. The picture is from a few weeks ago but you'll get the idea of some of the stretching I'm doing. Heavy focus on stretching hamstrings, hip flexors, back arch, and adductors. 

• Like 1

Close grip bench

60 kg - 10

90 kg - 5

100 kg - 4, 4, 4, 3

90 kg - 6, 7, 5

80 kg - 8, 8

Dumbellcurls

25 kg - 7

30 kg - 5

25 kg - 6, 7, 6, 5

did some plate pinching inbetween sets for fun. Not optimal equipment since the plates in the gym have no chalk coating on them. Did a few lifts and holds with two 15 kg plates. Did two sets of "around the worlds" with two 15 kg plates. Did 1 rep the first set and two reps the second set. A friend recorded the last set so I might post a video. Or I might wait until I'm stronger and can do the "around the worlds" more efficiently. This was the first pinch session in quite some time so my strength was not peaked.

29/5

LGC thickbar handle

32.5 kg - 10

42.5 kg - 10

57.5 kg - 9, 7

52.5 kg - 14, 11

Steel bending

5.5" grade 5 bolt DU

5.5" grade 8 bolt 

Also tried an 7" bastard but only kinked it a few degrees before my wrists screamed STOOOP!

Ulnar levering with a sledgehammer

3 kg - 10

4 kg - 10

3 kg - 10

armwrestler sidepressure curls

22 kg - 15, 15, 15

Dragon flags

best set was 4 regular ones. As I grew tired I did a bunch of easier variations

30/5

Outdoor gym

Muscle ups with an assisted band

10, 7, 8

Muscle ups with no assistance

3, 3

muscleup:straightbardips:pullups superset

3:15:10

1:15:5

1/6

Outdoor gym. Felt a bit hesitant leading into this workout feeling a bit worn down from previous work. Decided to do it anyway but after a few muscle ups and pullovers I called it quits. It was obvious that the training was doing more harm than good. Better make it a rest day instead.

2/6

Deadlift overhand grip on an olympic bar.

60 kg - 8, 8

100 kg - 5

130 kg - 5

160 kg - 5, 3, 2

130 kg - 10, 10

Push press

70 kg - 5

80 kg - 6

Finished off with some supersets where I did cleans, pushpress and rows without letting go of the bar.

• Like 1

3/6

Narrow grip bench

60 kg - 10

80 kg - 6

100 kg - 5, 5, 5, 4, 4

90 kg - 7, 7, 6

Dumbbell curls

25 kg - 6

30 kg - 4, 4

25 kg - 6, 5

Body weight dips - 20, 20, 20

EZ-bar curls. Did 6 pump sets with varying weights 

4/6

Outdoor gym

Strict muscleups with assistance bands

10, 9

Did a superset where I did 5 muscle ups, 10 straight bar dips, and 10 pullups all without letting go of the bar. Didn't use an assiatance band for the muscle ups so I used modest kipping to get the 5 reps. 

Finished off the workout with a bunch of sets of australian pullups and free standing handstandwork.

5 k run in a slow comfortable pace.

Grippers no set

#2 - 8, 8, 7, 7, 6, 7

Leg lifts with added weights on my ankles

20, 20, 20, 20, 20 

Side pressure curls (armwrestling)

12kg - 10

22 kg - 15

25 kg - 15, 15, 15, 15 

22 kg - 15, 15

Loop sided hammer curls (all the weights on one end)

Did a bunch of different sets. Some heavy sets with 27 kg and some easy pump sets with 14 kg.

Was short of time today and had to rush through quickly with little rest.

Deadlift overhandgrip

60 kg - 10

100 kg - 10

120 kg - 5

160 kg - 4

140 kg - 5

120 kg - 7

Push press

50 kg - 10

70 kg - 5, 5

Attempted some human flag work at the end but it went horribly so I quickly retreated home to hide my tears.

Narrow grip bench

80 kg - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Dumbell curls

25 kg  - 5

32.5 kg - 3

30 kg - 4

27.5 kg - 5 

25 kg - 7, 7

EZ bar curl

4 pump sets

Pinched lifted some 15 kg plates inbetween some of the bench sets

LGC thickbar handle

32.5 kg - 10

42.5 kg - 10

57.5 kg - 10, 8

52.5 kg - 14, 12

Ulnar levering

6 lbs - 10

8 lbs - 10

10 lbs - 6

Video of the set with 10 lbs 

6 lbs - two pump sets

Supination/pronation

5 kg - 10, 30, pump set

I think I've finally figured out how to top roll. Until now I've never really felt myself utilizing my grip, wrist, or forearm strength but with this technique I got pretty good use of it. I tried it with one of my friends the other day. I've arm wrestled with him a few times before so I know hos strength on the table. I bent back his hand with almost no effort. Actually even hurt him a bit even though I tried to be careful. I need to hook up with the experienced arm wrestlers and see if this works on them aswell. 

• Like 1

I was out walking my dog this evening. Walked past a soccer goal and decided to do a max rep pullup set. Did 31 of them. Way more than I thought I would do since I haven't done any rep work for awhile. This was no warm up just jump up and pull on a slippery and slightly tilted bar. With proper warmup, chalk, snd a proper bar I might even knock out a couple more. I might have to try this the next time I'm in the gym.

13 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I think I've finally figured out how to top roll. Until now I've never really felt myself utilizing my grip, wrist, or forearm strength but with this technique I got pretty good use of it. I tried it with one of my friends the other day. I've arm wrestled with him a few times before so I know hos strength on the table. I bent back his hand with almost no effort. Actually even hurt him a bit even though I tried to be careful. I need to hook up with the experienced arm wrestlers and see if this works on them aswell. 

Good! I am by no mean expert armwrestler. Just do it from time to time when I train. But I notice my top roll is better than hook.

Edit: I like you had a hard time learning the top roll. Then it came naturally

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Good! I am by no mean expert armwrestler. Just do it from time to time when I train. But I notice my top roll is better than hook.

Edit: I like you had a hard time learning the top roll. Then it came naturally

So far the only technique that has worked for me is the high hook. But this style of top rolling feels much stronger. My next contest is next month. If I can get this to work I expect a podium finish in the pro division.

Monday

Did a max set pullups in the gym. Managed 31 again.

Did some bottom up kettlebell presses with various weights and reps

Barbell rows

50 kg - 5 sets 20 reps. Easy weights, trying to put some blood flow into the rear delts and upper back.

Reverse flyes machine.

3 sets 12 reps

Tuesday 

Muscle ups with no bending of the knees

3, 3, 4, 3, 3

A bunch of leg lifting variations on the pullup bar.

18/6

Explosive deadlifts

60 kg - 8

90 kg - 6

120 kg - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Slow deadlifts

120 kg - 7, 7, 7

Clean and push press

40 kg - 7

70 kg - 5

90 kg - 3, 3, 1

19/6

Lots of arm wrestling. Focused on training all the styles in different positions.