Mm2, Coc 3 Cert, And Armwrestling

David_wigren

David, I know your toproll must be absolutely evil. I can't wait to see some footage of you in action.

I hope so Eric. Right now I'm just training myself mostly with weights and bands that should develop my strength on the table. Unfortunately live some distance away from my club and I've not had the chance to go and train with any of them yet. The only real table time I've had was two months ago in my first competition. Sadly, I ended up being improperly matched with the others in my weight class. I won every match very easily. Which is good I suppose. But it didn't give me an opportunity to practice any of the techniques in a real competative setting. Next comp is in February, and I expect there will be much tougher competition there. And alot more videos!

• Like 1

Grippers

Right hand

#2.5 - 5

Hard #3 - 2

148 lb #3 - 5, 3

Easy #3 - 8, 11, 10

Left hand

#2.5 - 6, 6, 4, 3

RB180 - 8, 8, 3

WW replica

Right hand

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 7 PR, 4

30 kg - 11, 10, 7

Left hand

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 6 PR, 4

30 kg - 9, 8, 7

Armwrestling with bands

WW Twohanded wrist curls

30 kg - 30, 30, 30, 30

Thor curls

12 kg - 15, 15

Inbetween sets I did abwork with an ab-wheel. I do these from my knees and I use a backpack to add weight.

BW + 15 kg - 10, 7, 7

BW + 10 kg - 18, 10, 10

BW + 5 kg - 15, 15

BW - 15, 15

• Like 1

Grippers are starting to get strong again. Feels like I'm right around the corner from my strongest ever. Might be time to ask for the MM2 when certifications re-open after the holidays.

• Like 7

Grippers are starting to get strong again. Feels like I'm right around the corner from my strongest ever. Might be time to ask for the MM2 when certifications re-open after the holidays.

Get it done!

First Swede to kill that cert too.

Edited by PeterSweden

Strong workouts and good luck on your mmg2 cert. A question, you you say 35s reps, what do you mean? You juat deadlift them or do rows or?

Strong workouts and good luck on your mmg2 cert. A question, you you say 35s reps, what do you mean? You juat deadlift them or do rows or?

Thank you my friend! I just do deadlifts with them.

6 k run this morning

• Like 1

Some late evening cardio with my dog and GF in the snow

Ha ha, great odd object training! :D

• Like 1

Some late evening cardio with my dog and GF in the snow

Ha ha, great odd object training! :D

Haha indeed! Snow is pretty light though. Don't think this one weighed more than 60 kg, 70kg tops.

Yesterday I did a ton of rehab work for my left shoulder. Rear delt work and rotator cuffs. Also threw in some technique work for the deadlift half-sumo style. Also did some dragon flag work for the core.

This morning I went for another 6 k run.

30/12

15 kg plate pinch lift reps

Right hand - 8, 5, 6

Left hand - 2, 2, 2

Wrist wrench replica

Right hand

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 6

30 kg - 7

27.5 kg - 12

Left hand

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 2

30 kg - 7

27.5 kg - 8

Supination/pronation

Right hand

5 kg - 15, 15, 15

Left hand

5 kg - 10, 10, 10

AW training with bands

Wrist Wrench replica standing two handed wrist curls

40 kg - 20

35 kg - 30, 30

Twist Yo wrist

7 kg - 5, 5

31/12

Did a bunch of Heavy yoga and sets of 10 with the #2.5 right handed and #2 left handed

1/1

Wrist Wrench

Right hand

22.5 kg - 8

27.5 kg - 8

32.5 kg - 8

35 kg - 2

37.5 kg - fail

27.5 kg rows - 10

Left hand

22.5 kg - 8

27.5 kg - 8

32.5 kg - 4

35 kg - fail

37.5 kg - fail

27.5 kg - 10

Ulnar levering (same righty and lefty)

8 lbs - 15, 15, 15

Thor hammer curls

17 kg - 12, 12

14 kg - 15

Abwheel work inbetween sets

2/1

Technique work for the sumo deadlift

Human flag work

Lat pull down

100 kg - 8, 8, 8

90 kg - 8, 8

Lat pullover single wheel cable

30 kg - 10, 10, 10

Rear flyes in machine

3 sets of 12

4/1

Grippers

Right hand

#2.5 - 5

Hard #3 - 1

148 lbs #3 - 5

Grand master - 3, 2, 2

Left hand

#2.5 - 7

Easy #3 - 1, 1

Super master - 3, 2, 2

Plate wrist curls

15 kg - 1, 2, 1

10 kg - 6, 4, 3, 3 (Went über strict on the reps with the 10 kg plate)

Two handed plate pinch swings. I take two 15 kg plates, pinch them together and swing them like a kettlebell.

20, 20, 20, 20, 20

Supination/pronation

5 kg - 10, 12

AW training with bands.

Have you seen the toprollstrong? For pronation/supination movements?

Yes I've seen it. Looks like a good tool for pronation strength.

7/1

Heavy yoga.

5 sets of 10 with #2.5 righty and #2 lefty.

8/1

Did a bunch of deadlift work. Worked up to a few triples at 150 kg. Then I went down to 110 and did sets of 10.

Dragonflags

Armwrestling hammer curls on a bench. Did a few sets with a 30 kg dumbell until failure with my right arm. With my lefty I just did holds with the weight,shoulder didn't like the curling motion :(

10/1

6 k run in the snow.

Hey man, keep it up! Plans for MM2 cert combined with Simon Norevi in the near future? Was just thinking.

Hey man, keep it up! Plans for MM2 cert combined with Simon Norevi in the near future? Was just thinking.

Hmm great idea! I'm not sure Simon will want to wait for me though. He's ready right now while I still need a month or so before I'm ready. I might contact him to see if he's up for it. Would be pretty cool to do a dual cert!

• Like 1

Hmm great idea! I'm not sure Simon will want to wait for me though. He's ready right now while I still need a month or so before I'm ready. I might contact him to see if he's up for it. Would be pretty cool to do a dual cert!

Would think so! Well...you could try it at least for fun, if you could set up a meeting and time and distance etc. allows it. At least you would now how it feels. But probably if you are well rested you will close it. Like most described, the sweep is pretty spongy and it binds up in the end. Just explode om that thing! Simon is looking ready indeed. Was just thinking, since we did the same over here for the MM1. Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Would think so! Well...you could try it at least for fun, if you could set up a meeting and time and distance etc. allows it. At least you would now how it feels. But probably if you are well rested you will close it. Like most described, the sweep is pretty spongy and it binds up in the end. Just explode om that thing! Simon is looking ready indeed. Was just thinking, since we did the same over here for the MM1.

Just sent him a PM asking if he's up for it. I'm not sure where he lives though. As long as he's not on the other end of Sweden I could consider traveling to his place/gym and do the dual cert there. A dual cert would definitely be worth the trip!

• Like 1

I've done 3 gripper sessions since last time and some wrist work with plate wrist curls and levring. I've just been to busy last week to post it.

• 2 months later...

This weekend is the Swedish armwrestling Championships. I'll be competing in the 75 kg weight category and hopefully I'll take a win or two. I don't expect to finish on the podium, not with 18 other guys competing with me. I'm still a beginner in every sense of the word when it comes to armwrestling. But if I can take down one or two guys and prove that I belong in that competition I'll be more than happy. Right now I'm just resting from all training. But after the competition I'll start to track my training again in this log.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 3

it will be EPIC!!!

22 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Good luck with the competition!

Thank you for the good luck, I will need it!

18 hours ago, Peter Brannstrom said:

it will be EPIC!!!

It's gonna be great meeting you and maybe armwrestle some one the competition is over. That is, If we're both still alive after the competition :)

• Like 1