Josh's Mm0 Challenge

GrassMaine89

Strong closes buddy. I'm trying to follow chez's program too!

Thanks man...I follow your log so it will be interesting to see how we progress...

I like it how it goes up through the grippers then down again, at least that's how I interpret it! should probably stop bending horseshoe as it messes with my gripper strength. Oh well I will be following your log to see how we are doing too!

October 26, 2014- Not a lot of time today so I did some curls. I pretty much despise curls, always have...but they are quick and I'm trying to get my body used to physical exercise at least 5 days a week.

Barbell Curls-

• 95 lbs 1 set of 5
  • 115 lbs 1 set of 5
  • 135 lbs 1 set of 2
  • 125 lbs 1 set of 4
  • 120 lbs 1 set of 3
  • 115 lbs 1 set of 5
  • 95 lbs 1 set of 9

October 27, 2014

Bench

• 45 lbs 1 set of 10
  • 135 lbs 1 set of 10
  • 225 lbs 1 set of 10
  • 315 lbs 1 set of 1
  • 335 lbs 1 set of 1
  • 355 lbs 1 set of 1- video below, went up uneven but felt pretty easy
  • 340 lbs 1 set of 3- hit the spotters on second rep, think 4 would have gone otherwise
  • 350 lbs 1 set of 2
  • 300 lbs 1 set of 9- failed on the 10th rep....seriously....rage- video below

Edited by GrassMaine89
  • Like 1

October 28, 2014

Grip and Squats- I warmed up and did squats to get fired up. My knuckles hurt but I attempted to push through it. My highlight was closing the 138 3 and then coming a lot closer than I thought I would on the GHP 152lbs (probably around 3 to 4 millimeters from closed.) After this I had zero strength left, to the point I missed my 141 GM and barely closed my 130 2.5. The knuckle pain and quick fatigue tells me I was nowhere near fresh...I will take until Saturday and then start doing the program Peter laid out in his workout log (7-10 days in between grippers.) Until then powerlifting and a session of pinch tomorrow.

Great bench videos man, nice clean form. Take it easy on your knuckles!

Thanks man...Unfortunately I'm one of those people that insists on learning things the hard way...I'm working on it though

Wish I could bench like that!

Wish I could bench like that!

I put my stomach into it...secret weapon

This is posted on the right side of the board but when I read through Chez's log I liked how it was complete with cert videos so I am trying to emulate that

• Like 2

Can I borrow that gripper? ;)

Haha no need...your smashing its much bigger brother...

Just know you are very lucky having a number 3 that low! Onto the MM1. Train safe brutha

I love having it for my collection...however I wish I would have acquired it later in my grip training endeavors...thanks for the support

Edited by GrassMaine89

October 29, 2014

Seated Barbell Press-

• 45 lbs 1 set of 10
  • 135 lbs 1 set of 5
  • 185 lbs 1 set of 3
  • 205 lbs 1 set of 3 PR
  • 185 lbs 1 set of 6

The boy woke up so I had to cut it short...was happy with the 205 though

October 30, 2014

Squats

• warmed up from 135, 225, 315, 405
  • 435 lbs 1 set of 3 (above parallel, felt awful)
  • 405 lbs 1 set of 3 (closer to parallel, equally as awful)
I think I waited until too late in the day...everything was dry and I felt rigid...I broke mentally and quit...I'll do lighter squats for quality reps tomorrow...going to make myself pay for quitting

Status check with GHP 7 152 lbs....this was from a very narrow set, just wanted to give myself confidence that its just a gripper not a mythological beast...I know I didn't close it but it moved a little...it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine

Edited by GrassMaine89

November 1, 2014

Grippers

• Squats 45 lbs x 12
  • HG 100 x 10
  • HG 150 x 10
  • CoC #1 x 10
  • CoC #1.5 x 5
  • CoC #2 x 3
  • CoC #2.5 130 lbs x 1
  • Squat 135 lbs x 12
  • GM 141 lbs x 1
  • GM 141 lbs x miss
  • Squats- 225 lbs x 12
  • GM 141 lbs miss x 2
  • CoC #3 138 lbs miss
  • CoC #2.5 130 lbs miss

This was awful...switched to my new Vulcan 2 just to try it out

• lvl 9 x 3
  • lvl 11 x 3
  • lvl 13 miss
  • lvl 12 x 2
  • lvl 13 miss

I'm thinking that I need to do grippers every 7-10 days. This was the worse I've felt, it seemed like I had no power in the close at all. Not sure if it was my wrist (felt weak) or knuckles (a little pain) but either way I need to back off...this was just bad......ps I couldn't set the V2 if my life depended on it...it exposed glaring weakness in my set

I've got a question for anybody that happens to browse through this log...I have read that a lot of the absolute animals on this board try and stick with grippers that are around 80 to 90% of there PR...I was wondering if maybe I am working at too high of a weight range...as you can see from some of my other lifts I pretty much stick with go big or go home...however was just looking for some feedback on whether gripers are different...ive noticed I've got some pains and my power just hasn't been there...I'm resting up but want to make sure I'm training the way I should be...any advice would be greatly appreciated.......

November 3, 2014

Squats

• 135 lbs x 10
  • 315 lbs x 12
  • 385 lbs x 5
  • 405 lbs x 5
  • 315 lbs x 5

Working on consistently hitting parallel...I was parallel on most reps but my stamina is bad...by the end of this I was panting like crazy and had no strength left

Bench

• 135 lbs x 10
  • 225 lbs x 3
  • 315 lbs x 3
  • 335 lbs x 1
  • 355 lbs x 2
  • 370 lbs x 1 (5 lbs under my all time max)
  • 350 lbs x 3
  • 315 lbs x 6
  • Like 2

Hey Josh,

In reference to what you were mentioning in your previous post...well at this point you're stronger in grippers than I am so I shouldn't be giving advice BUT if I were you, I'd take on a Chez-like approach to training them. Try to get like 3 straight singles with your 138 gripper, then when that's easy, try to get 3 singles with the 141. One thing that sucks is that missing an attempt pretty much kills your strength for the next sets. As you can see, you miss that 141 gripper and then getting a 130 is a no go. So you want to make attempts that you're confident you can complete the whole close on.

Working reps is good too. I like to train block set the majority of the time, so when I finally do something mms, it feels like a treat for me. Hope this helped at all.

btw, you can't argue with progress. You almost had that ghp 7 closed and that is a FEMALE DOG of a gripper (skimmed down for the mods).

• Like 2

Hey Josh,

In reference to what you were mentioning in your previous post...well at this point you're stronger in grippers than I am so I shouldn't be giving advice BUT if I were you, I'd take on a Chez-like approach to training them. Try to get like 3 straight singles with your 138 gripper, then when that's easy, try to get 3 singles with the 141. One thing that sucks is that missing an attempt pretty much kills your strength for the next sets. As you can see, you miss that 141 gripper and then getting a 130 is a no go. So you want to make attempts that you're confident you can complete the whole close on.

Working reps is good too. I like to train block set the majority of the time, so when I finally do something mms, it feels like a treat for me. Hope this helped at all.

btw, you can't argue with progress. You almost had that ghp 7 closed and that is a FEMALE DOG of a gripper (skimmed down for the mods).

I follow your log and find great information there...by all means if you have advice give it...Your absolutely right, it makes complete sense to pick a goal with the 138 and after I achieve that with consistency move up...thanks for the excellent feedback

• Like 1

November 4, 2014

IM Hub

• 25 lbs x 5
  • 35 lbs x 3 for 3 sets
  • 32.5 lbs x 3 for 2 sets
  • 32.5 lbs x 5
  • 40 lbs x 1 PR
  • 37.5 x 2

Homemade Wrist Roller

• 15 lbs 10x up and down flexion (the primary force of raising the weight was flexion, lowering it was extension)
  • 15 lbs 10x up and down extension (primary force of raising the weight was extension)
  • 15 lbs 20x up and down flexion
  • 15 lbs 20x up and down extension

TTK

• 15 lbs x 10
  • 20 lbs x 10
  • 25 lbs x 5
  • 25 lbs x 6
  • 25 lbs x 5
  • 25 lbs x 7

Pro Sup (Adjustable dumbbell with 5 lbs 9 inches from the top of my hand)

• 5 lbs pro and sup 10x for 3 separate sets

Levering (Adjustable dumbbell with weight 9 inches from top of my hand)

• 5 lbs ulnar flexion (to forehead) and radial flexion (arm at rest to weight towards shoulder) for 10 reps
  • 10 llbs ulnar flexion for 10 reps
  • 5 lbs radial flexion for 10 reps
  • 15 lbs ulnar flexion for 6 reps
  • 5 lbs radial flexion for 10 reps

This is my first wrist workout in a long time and my first wrist workout post ever so I hope it makes some sense...