Josh's Mm0 Challenge

GrassMaine89

Squatting in powerlifting shoes help in all sorts of ways brother!

This never even occurred to me, thanks for the tip

06-24-2015

Squats

• 135 x 6
  • 315 x 3
  • 405 x 3
  • 480 x 2
  • 405 x 3

I wussed out....for some reason I had no zip, should have dropped down and pushed myself to working sets of 5-10 but didn't, I'll get it next time

Edited by GrassMaine89

06-25-2015

Deadlifts

• Sumo
  • 135 x 4
  • 315 x 3
  • 405 x 2
  • 455 x 1
  • Conventional
  • 455 x 1

This was my first time deadlifting since I hurt my back....it felt pretty good...going to add it in on a consistent basis...hopefully I'll see gains like I have in the past after doing deads

On these last two days (6-24 and 6-25) I did some closes...was again able to close my LT 155 at will but not my 160 CPW Spectrum or my 161 Elite Hybrid...I did close my GHP 7 152 lbs off hand and doubled it in my left hand, was pretty happy with that

Edited by GrassMaine89

This is the sumo deadlift I did...I usually don't do sumo but wanted to try it...took this video mostly for technique help, so it will get posted on the strength and power forum

This is just a 155 LT attempt...I'm at the point where I can close this gripper pretty much anytime I pick it up

06-26-2015

Bench

• 365 2 sets x 5 reps
  • 365 1 set x 4 reps (failed on the 5th rep)
  • 405 x 1

06-27-2015

Seated OHP

• 135 x 8
  • 205 x 6
  • 235 x 1
  • 225 x 1
  • 205 x 2 x 5

Front Raises

• 25 lbs (handled plate) x 2 x 5
  • 10 lbs plate (no handle) x 10

Lateral Raises

• 25 lbs (handled plate) x 2 x 5
  • 10 lbs plate (no handle) x 10
  • Like 1

Solid OHP workout here!

thanks man...I'm paying for it today, shoulders are sore...such an awesome lift I really need to do it on a more consistent basis...something about putting weight over your head makes you feel super strong

06/29/2015

Deadlifts

• 335 x 1
  • 405 x 5 x 1

I'm trying to work on technique so I don't hurt myself again. I'm going to post videos to my deadlift technique and hopefully learn some things. The good news is my lower back is tight but it does not hurt, although I can tell my technique was not great

nvm

Edited by GrassMaine89

6-30-2015

Bench

• 135 x 1 x 11
  • 315 x 1 x 5
  • 375 x 1 x 4 fail on 5
  • 380 x 1 x 2 fail on 3

07/02/2015

Squats

• 405 x 5
  • 405 x 2
  • 405 x 3

I paused at the bottom of these and still did not get to parallel...on the last set I actually went loose at the bottom and still didn't get to parallel...I'm going to start the mobility challenge and only do 315 for paused lifts until I get at least a close to passable squat...i used to be able to hit parallel but I guess between hurting myself and gaining more weight it's not happening now...I've been loosing weight, and with the mobility challenge I will fix this issue

Grippers- CPW Spectrum 160 lbs x 1 PR (this was from kind of a deep set, would not have passed for a MMS but I was still happy with it, this is the start to being able to dominate it)

• Like 2

Congrats on the pr dude

• Like 1

Congrats on the pr dude

thanks man

July 4 2015

Bench

335 x 9 fail on 10

350 x 7

365 x 2 .....complete fatigue fail on 3

Grippers...did some negatives where I tapped it closed...this was btr 161 and 166...also did some mms with 147 number 3 after this

• Like 1

07/10/2015

Squats (pause at the bottom, 1 MISSISSIPPI, 2 MISSISSIPPI Count on all reps)

• 45 x 10
  • 135 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 315 x 5
  • 405 x 5

Paused at the bottom, really focusing on reaching the right depths (which I did) and stay tight.

Grippers-

• I started Jedd's Cadence Based Gripper Training today...I am from this point forward not posting the work outs for obvious reasons, but will report today that I was able to close a 156 GM...It felt good and was from a MMS (although I am going to work on getting it a tad wider so there is no question on cert videos)...I am going to start this program and as I gear up towards the end of the program am going to put my name in the ring for the MM1!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I wish you all the best man. You're strong as hell and you could probably close it today, but I admire your preparation.

• Like 1

thanks man...want to assure that I dominate the thing

07-13-2015

Bench

• 335 x 9, fail on 10
  • 350 x 5, fail on 6

This was not a good workout. I'm not sure if the grip stuff I did before this wore me out or if it's the weight I've lost, but it just felt heavy...I guess loosing weight is more important than strength...or thats what I'm telling myself. On the bright side I felt strong doing grippers today

• 2 months later...

I've been a little quiet as of late...my doctors told me to stop lifting temporarily because of an issue with my back...I've got the green light now so I'm back in the game...I started out with bending, just felt like switching focus for a little while...for some reason I am stronger than when I last bent...I will put my last 2 bending workouts up...I'm going to start back with my power lifting routine shortly..I'm in the middle of a move right now (bought my first house)

09/16/2015

Bent 2 5/16 x 7 inch HRS (bought from hardware store)

Attempted a Red Nail in IMP's...I put a small kink in it, I then added a set of leathers around the IMP's and got it rather easily

09/20/2015

Bent 1/4 x 7 inch CRS IMP's

Bent 2 5/16 inch HRS IMP's...video coming

Did some ISO work with a bastard (put a small kink in it with just IMP's

Edited by GrassMaine89

• 1 month later...

While I'm purusing the Red Nail I'm going to post my bending workouts in here:

Bent (6) 7" N DR in BBW

Bent (1) 7" N DR in IMP's with no rubber bands

total- (7) bends

• Like 1

Had a little bit of time so I played around with my new IMP and my Reds

(1) Red Nail in BBW

(1) Red Nail in IMP

The BBW bend was super easy, the IMP was a fight....I tried a second one and destroyed my index finger again so I will Neosporin that up and try again in 3 or 4 days.

10-31-2015

Bent a hexabastard in doubles (leathers over IMP)

Bent a shiny bastard in doubles (leathers over IMP) (video being submitted for certification, will post afterwards)

Failed on a square crs 5/16 x 7 in (slight kink) in leathers of IMP

I attempted to bend in singles but the damage to my fingers was threatening to split again

11-1-2015

Finished off the square in doubles (video will be posted once it uploads), done in leathers over BBW

Attempted a Grand bastard in BBW's...shouldn't have done this, it split my finger open again...I put a kink in it but had to stop

I have been using tuff foot for a day, I guess I will need to let my finger heal and keep using that for a little bit before I go back to singles...once I heal I will continue with my Red Nail work...I am close to being able to finish this cert

• Like 1