One arm dumbbell rows

5x105, 5x105, 6x105

Seated overhead dumbbell press

10x75, 10x75

Standing dumbbell curls

4x45 4x45 8x40

Lying flat bench dumbbell extensions

8x35 8x35 10x35

I've also been using my wrist roller everyday, varying between light/high reps and heavy/low reps. Also, just wanted to make a note that today, no nagging injuries bothered me. My back, shoulder, wrist, elbow, everything felt great. *crosses fingers* LOL

EDIT: One last thing, last night I taped a 2.5lb plate to my 35lb blob and lifted it...solid progress coming along there!

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 1

Anthony, I remember when you got that block weight and you couldn't lift it (and I haven't been on the board very long). Excellent progress!

• Like 1

Anthony, I remember when you got that block weight and you couldn't lift it (and I haven't been on the board very long). Excellent progress!

Haha yeah man! I remember trying to lift it and thinking to myself that it was a huge waste of money. Right now I'm really loving grip training man!

• Like 2

Today's training:

Grippers

Right 143 slight miss, bbgm 138 slight miss, 3x2.5 125 20mm block set, trex 5/16"mount with btr handle 1 rep

Left 1xtrex 5/16, 1xtrex 5/16", 2 holds for time coc2

2HP with wooden block

12x105 1x125 7x115

Hub

Right 10x40 10x40

Left 6x40 6x40

Sledge curl

Right 8x11.25 7x11.25 5x11.25

Left 7x11.25 6x11.25 3x11.25

Wrist roller work

Great session. Crush may have suffered a little since i've started doing a whole bunch of other things for grip, but my hands feel stronger than ever. Here is a still shot of my 3 attempt.

post-23333-0-31408000-1407102264_thumb.j

• Like 1

Any day now brother! :)

Any day now brother! :)

Man that is SOOOOOOO close! Great job, that 3 is going down very soon

Thanks guys! The journey to the 3 feels like it's taken foreeeeeeever lol

That is awesome! You will be crushing that soon.

That is awesome! You will be crushing that soon.

Thanks Carl :) I can't wait. I have 11 months and 23 days here on the gripboard so it'd be really badass to celebrate 1 year by getting the MM0 :)

• Like 2

Today's workout:

Squats

8x305, 11x280

Barbell Standing military press

8x135, 6x135

DO static holds

2x305

Underhand cable pulldown

3x10x180

Dumbbell flat bench press

5x95, 8x95

Seated dumbbell hammer curls

3x5x45

Cable pushdowns

14x90, 10x100

Static holds on shrug machine with Iron Bull 2.0 grips

90, 100

Yesterday's training:

Incline dumbbell bench

10x75 5x95 10x85

Barbell Lunges

2x12x135

Wrist thingie

Multiple sets very high reps with 15lbs

Lying leg curls

2x12x90, 9x90

Hammer grip chin ups

6xbw+50, 6xbw+50, 5xbw+50 dop set 8 bw reps

Lying facedown incline bench lateral raises

2x10x20, 14x20

Lying flat bench dumbbell extensions

10x35 10x35 9x35

Dumbbell preacher curls

4x40 8x35 8x35

Anvil trainer

Right 1x130 1x140, air with 150, 12x115

Left 1x130, air with 140, air 130, 8x115

35lb york blob

Right 5, 5 second hold, 4 second hold

Left 5, 6 second hold, 6 seconds

Seems like a long workout, but it flowed very fast. Took it easy on my back and just did lunges. The chris rice wrist thingy is awesome! I love this tool and can't wait to see what results consistent use with it will lead to.

Great work on that anvil! Those are solid #s.. Glad you jumped on getting a thingie... Chris makes quality and inventive stuff.. It will def help balance you out with some time. Just keep the weight light until you get acclimated to the unique elbow positions it works.

Great work on that anvil! Those are solid #s.. Glad you jumped on getting a thingie... Chris makes quality and inventive stuff.. It will def help balance you out with some time. Just keep the weight light until you get acclimated to the unique elbow positions it works.

Thanks Jon! I'm training hard for October. I'm really glad I scooped up the thingy as well. Looking forward to reaping the benefits!

What's a wrist thingie? What does it do?

Do you have a pic?

Roy,

The wrist thingy is a form of wrist roller created by Chris rice, aka climber511. It works the pronation/supination of the wrist as it slips over the sleeve of an Olympic barbell. I first learned about it when I read Jon's tendonitis thread. It supposedly has helped guys pinching strength as well. I uploaded a pic for you.

post-23333-0-05528700-1407668998_thumb.j

Roy, The wrist thingy is a form of wrist roller created by Chris rice, aka climber511. It works the pronation/supination of the wrist as it slips over the sleeve of an Olympic barbell. I first learned about it when I read Jon's tendonitis thread. It supposedly has helped guys pinching strength as well. I uploaded a pic for you.

Thanks man. So you basically turn your hand/wrist left to right, right to left etc.?

Great name 'Wrist thingy'.

• Like 1

Roy, The wrist thingy is a form of wrist roller created by Chris rice, aka climber511. It works the pronation/supination of the wrist as it slips over the sleeve of an Olympic barbell. I first learned about it when I read Jon's tendonitis thread. It supposedly has helped guys pinching strength as well. I uploaded a pic for you.

Thanks man. So you basically turn your hand/wrist left to right, right to left etc.?

Great name 'Wrist thingy'.

Yes sir :) lol

Grip today

Grippers

Right 2 misses coc 3 143, 2x2.5 125 (1" block set), 1x2.5 130 (20mm block) 1xtrex with extended handle at about 5/16" mount, 4xbbm 118 (20mm block)

Left 3 misses trex 5/16" mount, 1xtrex 7/16", bunch of extended handle closes at 5/16"

I CANNOT SET ANY GRIPPER IN MY OFF HAND

1hp using 2inch wooden block

Right 5x55, 4x55

Left 4x55 3x55

Plate pinch

Right 6x2 25s with pipe, 3x 2 25s and 2.5, 1x2 25 and 5

Left 6x2 25 pipe, 3x 2 25 and 2.5, 3x 2 25 and 5

Crapload of levering that i'd be here all night typing if i included it all.

Got the 3 even closer today. It is basically as close as it's gonna get without being shut. Hopefully next session i get it. Boy, my off hand setting strength is bad. I will need to work on that. Wanted to do more pinch work with thewooden block but the skin felt like it was going to rip away from my thumb, so i switched to plates instead. I'll be using lotion this week. After tomorrow's workout i'll be taking a week off to rest.

• Like 1

Got the 3 even closer today.

Look forward to seeing the vid of you closing it bud. Keep grinding out the workouts. This is all about persistence.

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing the vid of you closing it bud. Keep grinding out the workouts. This is all about persistence.

Thanks, chez. I absolutely will. This 3 is gonna go down eventually, whether it likes it or not.

Thanks, chez. I absolutely will. This 3 is gonna go down eventually, whether it likes it or not.
Im an aggressive person with lots of built up anger inside.

What got me to close coc3 was getting into that mental state where you just want to kill someone.

Listening to angry musik, thninking about stuff that piss you off and then close that gripper as if you life depended on it.

I went from not closing it to smashing it just by starting to use that emotional power :) try it maybe?

Look at Pete Rubish deadlift and you'll know what I mean :)

Edited by PeterSweden
  • Like 1

Im an aggressive person with lots of built up anger inside.

What got me to close coc3 was getting into that mental state where you just want to kill someone.

Listening to angry musik, thninking about stuff that piss you off and then close that gripper as if you life depended on it.

I went from not closing it to smashing it just by starting to use that emotional power :) try it maybe?

Look at Pete Rubish deadlift and you'll know what I mean :)

Awesome advice bro! I love it. And trust me I have plenty of rage to unleash LOL. I also need to start squatting before my gripper workouts to get that extra boost of adrenaline. Thank you!

Today's training:

Sumo Deadlifts DO

3x275 3x275 3x275 3x275

Iron bull grips 2.0 Deadlifts

185, 205, 225, 2x205

Seated overhead dumbbell press

8x80, 9x80

Dumbbell rows

6x105 6x105 8x105

Incline Hammerstrength press

8x100 8x110 4x120 per side

Standing dumbbell curl

5x45 4x45 6x40

Incline dumbbell extension

14x30, 10x35

Wrist Thingy

2 sets both directions each wrist, 50-70 reps with 20lbs

Very good workout. Didn't go too heavy on deadlifts, but it was great for the grip and taxed my body as a whole. The iron bull 2.0's make the bar feel much closer to axle size than fat gripz do, and I'll continue implementing them. This is gonna be tricky, as I have to lose about 8 pounds before the king kong and also need to get stronger. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, time for my week off!

This is gonna be tricky, as I have to lose about 8 pounds before the king kong and also need to get stronger.

No more McDonalds for you then!

• Like 2

Anthony, do you have a BW strict press? I ask because those are some impressive DB presses, and I think I read that you weight around 170lbs?