Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Thank you gentlemen! It felt awesome, but I won't consider it an actual 3 close until I can MMS close it. The whole workout flowed great and I felt really strong. Can't wait to continue!

• Like 3

Explode on them handles brother!!

• Like 1

Congrats on the choked #3 close bud! Big milestone.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Bigger and badder things to come :D

Good job on closing #3!! Keep it up, seems like it was easy for you!

I have one question. I believe you have many #3's in your collection, but do you let it be chocked always or you take off the hose clamp? Thanks in advance!

J.

Good job on closing #3!! Keep it up, seems like it was easy for you!

I have one question. I believe you have many #3's in your collection, but do you let it be chocked always or you take off the hose clamp? Thanks in advance!

J.

Thanks jüri! I usually take them out of their chokers after I'm done with them. The springs are very high quality and can be in a choker for a long time, but it just doesn't feel right to me personally. I baby my grippers lol

Killer job with the #3 man!

Thanks guys! Although I really don't deserve all the congratulations. Once I can set the 3 and close it, THEN I'll have earned the respect lol.

• Like 1

Full body today

Deadlifts

1x315, 1x345, 5x315

Fat gripz deadlifts

3x185

Incline hammerstrength press

8x105 8x105 9x105

Dumbbell Row

6x100 6x100 9/8x100

Seated overhead dumbbell press

10x75 9x75

Seated dumbbell curl

6x40 6x40 7x40

All time deadlift PR! I have never pulled 345 off the ground. Felt really great. It's only been an hour but my back is sore as all hell right now. Well it was a great month filled with a ton of PR's. Since it's been a month, it's now time for my week off. Just want to thank everyone who comes and checks out my journal, and an even bigger thank you to everyone who posts and provides tips, criticisms and motivation. You guys have all been part of my progress and have believed in me ever since I signed up on here almost a year ago, barely being able to close a 1.5. I'll be back in a week!

• Like 2

Good job for your PR

• Like 1

Thanks jüri! I usually take them out of their chokers after I'm done with them. The springs are very high quality and can be in a choker for a long time, but it just doesn't feel right to me personally. I baby my grippers lol

Hehehe, I understand, lol

I like to baby them too, I dont even use chalk, then they are shiny

• Like 1

Thank you Parris and Juri!

Well, back from a week off. I'll be honest, I tweaked my lower back on that 345 deadlift last week and consequently it hurt all week. Not good. Thankfully, it was a scheduled off week so I was able to recover properly. Even stopped by my chiropractor for an adjustment. I will not be attempting max singles again for a very long time until my form feels spot on. Moving along, great grip workout today. Here's what I got:

Grippers

Right: 1xGHP6 134 20mm block set, Miss coc 3 143 MMS, Miss BBGM 138 20mm block set, 1xghp 6 134 20mm block set, 4.8x Trex 6/18''mount 20mm block set, Wide Set x BBM 118 (slightly more narrow than CCS)

Left: Miss Trex 6/18'' mount, Miss Same gripper and mount, 1x2.5 125 20mm block set, 7xcoc2 MMS, Wide set coc 2

Hub

Right: 1x47.5, 1x47.5, 5x41.25, 5x40

Left 1x41.25, 1x41.25, 4x37.5, chalked better 6x37.5

Alternated hands repping out 35 lbs, then went only right hand after left hand fell: 20R/15L

Sledge Coin deadlift to 18'' using 8lb sledge

Right: 15'', 17'' 18'' Miss 19'' 4x17''

Left 15'' 16'' 17'' 17'' 3x16''

TTK

Right 35x 7.5, 23x7.5, 20x7.5

Left: 25x7.5, 19x7.5, 16x7.5

Nice: I put a bunch of videos from today up in the regular Gripboard section. Feels like my strength is peaking just in time for the competition in 2 weeks. Probably won't try anything crazy until then, but will just do some light training to keep strength levels the same.

• Like 1

Great work Anthony. Especially the hubbing! Only tried it like twice so far, but I think I suck at it.

Too bad about the lower back issue. Maybe you could post a vid of you deadlifting. So people could perhaps give you some advice on your form (if needed)?

Great work Anthony. Especially the hubbing! Only tried it like twice so far, but I think I suck at it.

Too bad about the lower back issue. Maybe you could post a vid of you deadlifting. So people could perhaps give you some advice on your form (if needed)?

Thanks Roy! I think you would be a beast on the hub since you already have tremendous grip strength.

I actually wanted to get a video that day, but there were so many people around that I chickened out. Next time I deadlift, I'll try to go at an hour where the gym is more quiet.

Went back to the gym today and trained full body but my CNS was so inactive that I just stayed light and jumped around keeping my heart rate up. The good thing is that my back felt great with squats, so that's good news. Will log the next workout.

Grip today:

Rolling thunder:

Right: 10x95, 1x120, 6x100, Hold with 85

Left: 8x95, 1x110, 4x100, Hold with 85

2HP with wooden pinch block

10x85, 8x95, 20x75

Plate Pinches using Pipe through the holes of the plates

Right: 4 tens, 2x4 tens +1.25, 6x4 tens +2.5lbs

Left: 4 tens, 2x4 tens +1.25, 3x4tens + 2.5lbs

Wrist Curls and Reverse Wrist curls 3 sets each

Great grip workout tonight. Pr's on pretty much everything. I'm wondering if my RT max is higher than 120 since my grip was already somewhat fatigued after the high rep set that preceded it. 2HP was dramatically higher than my last session, when I only got 8x75 and 2x95. I'm chalking this up to noob gains since I haven't done much isometric pinch work this last year, but still awesome. Plate pinches were also pleasantly surprising too. Grip was smoked after this session.

No more direct grip work until after the NY grip throwdown on July 26th. Want to make sure my hands have plenty of time to recover. I'll still be doing full body stuff till then, but will take it easy next week. Looking forward to the competition!

• Like 2

No more direct grip work until after the NY grip throwdown on July 26th. Want to make sure my hands have plenty of time to recover. I'll still be doing full body stuff till then, but will take it easy next week. Looking forward to the competition!

Good luck n have Fun man!

Edited by PeterSweden
  • Like 1

You'll do great man. Hope you PR on everything

Thanks gents. It'll be really cool to meet some of the boys. The comp starts at 10 and i dont usually do well training in the AM so i'm hoping adrenaline helps me power through. I just wish i would've done more work for my Rt and sledge but oh well.

Just don't go to bed the night before and it will REALLY feel like the PM.

• Like 1

Just don't go to bed the night before and it will REALLY feel like the PM.

Excellent advice. I may stop sleeping altogether so I'm always in optimal training condition :D

• Like 1

Thanks gents. It'll be really cool to meet some of the boys. The comp starts at 10 and i dont usually do well training in the AM so i'm hoping adrenaline helps me power through. I just wish i would've done more work for my Rt and sledge but oh well.
Anthony-

I'd go low carb breakfast. Then load up before the comp. it will get you out of that am funk.

Anthony-

I'd go low carb breakfast. Then load up before the comp. it will get you out of that am funk.

Thank you for the advice. I'll definitely be sure to do that!

Today's training

Romanian deadlifts

4 sets 10 reps 135

Lying leg curl

12x90 7x100 7x90

Incline dumbbell press

8x90 7x90 7x85

Pull ups

15 15 12

Lying facedown incline bench db laterals

3 sets 10 reps 20lbs

Seated dumbbell overhead extension