Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Anthony, how long did it take for you to get your pull ups where their at? Over the last 3 months mine have only gone up 3 reps(one per set).

Anthony, how long did it take for you to get your pull ups where their at? Over the last 3 months mine have only gone up 3 reps(one per set).

A while man. I've been training for almost a decade. Pull ups and push ups for me have always come natural as have dips when I put more effort into adding weight on them. What I would suggest is negatives...add some weight that you can't handle for one rep, and put a stool under your pull up station. Then just keep lowering yourself slowly and then use the stool to get yourself back up to the starting position. That'll boost your bodyweight pull ups!

• Like 2

A while man. I've been training for almost a decade. Pull ups and push ups for me have always come natural as have dips when I put more effort into adding weight on them. What I would suggest is negatives...add some weight that you can't handle for one rep, and put a stool under your pull up station. Then just keep lowering yourself slowly and then use the stool to get yourself back up to the starting position. That'll boost your bodyweight pull ups!

Thats actually a really good idea bro. I've read people say to do BW negatives if they can't do a pull up, but i've never read anyone suggest weighted negs to increase your BW pull up. You think I should do the weighted negs before or after my regular pull ups? and how many sets?

Thanks bud!

I would do them after dude. Don't got overboard, maybe two extra sets after your work sets for lower reps, like 5 per set.

I would do them after dude. Don't got overboard, maybe two extra sets after your work sets for lower reps, like 5 per set.

Thanks Anthony, I'll let you know how this works

Asked how to get my pathetic chinupstrength up on another forum and some really advanced guys told me to do 2 sessions/week.

One session of bw chinups/pullups and one with added weight.

I have gone from ~7 chinups to 13-14 in alittle more than 1 month!!

Been stuck at 7-8 since I started training, years back.

• Like 2

Full body today and last workout before the competition on Saturday:

Squats

8x300 10x280

Standing barbell military press

8x135 5x135

Tbar row

8x165 8x165 7x170

Dumbbell flat bench

5x95 5x95 8x95

Seated dumbbell hammer curls

8x40 8x40 8/7x40

Cable pushdown

10x80 4x110 8x100

Great workout. Now, time to rest till Saturday. I may do a light cardio drill Thursday to keep the body firing, but not a single weight shall touch my hands.

Hey man didn't you say a while back you wanted to max out with squatting soon?

So.....whats up with all the reps?

Or are you just building the suspense? :grin:

... Or did I miss a post?

Hey man didn't you say a while back you wanted to max out with squatting soon?

So.....whats up with all the reps?

Or are you just building the suspense? :grin:

... Or did I miss a post?

Lol nope you didn't miss anything. I tweaked my back maxing out on deadlifts a few weeks ago and thought it best not to do any more maxing for a little bit to make sure I'm healed up!

So this Saturday will be my first ever grip competition; the NY Grip Throwdown. I'm very excited and nervous for it! If all goes well, then I'd like to start training for the King Kong as soon as Saturday is over. I've said all along that I'm not trying to be seriously competitive this weekend (I don't have a snowball's chance in hell), but rather just don't want to embarrass myself. Here are some estimates of what I'd like to accomplish:

Grippers 20mm block set: 133 COC 2.5

Hub: 50 lbs

Rolling Thunder: 125 lbs

Sledge Coin deadlift: 144 lbs

• Like 2

Get plenty of rest, take your time on attempts, stay relaxed and don't be pumped up during the whole day. Turn it on and off between events or you'll exhaust yourself mentally. Good luck to you!

• Like 1

Thank you gentlemen! I'll post my results afterward :)

Great reading brother!

Wish I was there! Sounds like a blast!

Good reading your write up. Thanks for the live updates yesterday too.

Wish I was there!

Good to meet you Anthony! Good display on the grippers and hub. I too had trouble with 2 out of the 4 events (though not the 2 I thought I would). Competing and training are apparently two very different skills lol. Good luck at King Kong!

Great reading brother!

Wish I was there! Sounds like a blast!

Thanks peter, it certainly was brother!

Good reading your write up. Thanks for the live updates yesterday too.

Wish I was there!

Haha no problem man. I'm sure we'll compete side by side one day :D

Good to meet you Anthony! Good display on the grippers and hub. I too had trouble with 2 out of the 4 events (though not the 2 I thought I would). Competing and training are apparently two very different skills lol. Good luck at King Kong!

Good to meet you too mike! You and jose are some of the chillest guys. And thanks for the kind words. You didn't disappoint with that massive hub yesterday. Agreed, way different. I'm gonna be doing more "mock comps" during my own training to get a feel of the events back to back as they will be in october. Good luck to you too!

• Like 1

It was great meeting you yesterday. Awesome job on the grippers and Hub!

• Like 1

Awesome Job brother! Props to you for putting it all out their and competing! I can only hope to accomplish the same. Great write up too.

• Like 1

Awesome Job brother! Props to you for putting it all out their and competing! I can only hope to accomplish the same. Great write up too.

Thanks drake! You will. Sooner or later the competition bug will bite you and you'll be attending whatever is in your area!

Great job on your PR.

Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on the hub PR!

....wish we had competitions in Holland. Might organize a wee one in the future.

• Like 1

It was great meeting you yesterday. Awesome job on the grippers and Hub!

Great job, Anthony! Also liked your write-up of the contest.

Thank you guys!

Great job on your PR.

Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on the hub PR!

....wish we had competitions in Holland. Might organize a wee one in the future.

Thanks Parris and Roy!

Roy, you totally should man, I'd bet you'd get a few bites :)

Today's Workout:

Hammer Grip Pull ups:

8xbw+25, 8xbw+50, 5xbw+55, 12xbw+10 Fat gripz, 10xbw+10 Fat gripz

Leg Press

20x823, 20x913, 14x1013

Incline Hammerstrength Press

5x110, 5x110, 6x110 per side

Lying facedown incline bench lateral raise

12x20 12x20 10x20

Neutral grip incline dumbbell press

12x50 12x50 8x50

Incline bench dumbbell preacher curl

8x35 6x35

Abs

Anvil trainer deadlifts

Right 14x90, Hold with 105, 10x105 moving hands up and down anvil each rep

Left 10x90, 3x105, 6x105 up and down anvil each rep

35lb (half 70) York head deadlifts

Right 6 reps

Left 4 reps

Good workout with some solid grip work in. Maybe someone with some more experience with the anvil can give me some pointers on how to train it. Is it like the RT where higher reps seems to work for many? I felt more so just pain in my hand than fatigue when going higher reps. Maybe the key here is higher weight lower reps, or holds?

• Like 1