• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HandsofStone

• Jonathan McMillan

• bencrush

• Griparn

Friday 5/16/03

IM Hub pinch- maxed out with 32.5 lbs. with both hands ( Just the weight on the loading pin was counted)

Monday 5/19/03

#2- 2 sets ( left: 3, 0; Right: close miss, close miss)

Filed down #1- repped out with both hands

3" wooden block- 2 sets of holds with 45 lbs

I feel that my crushing grip hasn't progressed for awhile due to sticking to the low reps approach for too long. For the next workout or two I'm just going to perform high reps with my filed down #1.

Edited by HandsofStone

HAS,

I've come to your point of view as well, it's not a popular idea on this board but I like high rep work with the grippers.

Jon@han

Friday 5/23/03

Filed down #1- repped out with each hand for 1 set

Lemley's- 2 sets of negatives

Tuesday 5/27/03

#2- 2 sets ( left: 2, 1; Right: close miss, close miss)

SupersGripper: 5 reps with 160 lbs. and 7-8 reps with 140 lbs.( both hands)

Olympic plates pinch: 3 sets ( PR's were 8 secs. left and 14 secs. right) with 55 lbs.

Gripper work was alright but was very pleased with my pinch grip today. In a couple of months I'll pinch 2 35's ( I GUARANTEE ITT!)

h.o.s.,

I can't remember if you mentioned how you are doing your plate pinches, but if you are doing them with a bar running through the plates -then this insight might help you. When I was training up to pinching 2x35lb plates I came to a point where the weight was heavy enough that I did some pinches with mixed plates a 35lb and a 25lp plate instead of using a bar to add the additional weight. These are great as the 35lp plates have a different feel in your hand all together...dunno must be some kindof physics thing. If you give this a try just be sure to alternate which side of the hand gets the heavier plate (fingers or thumb) as this will also make the transiition to the heavier plates a little smoother.

Jon@han

Jonathan,

I have a pvc pipe running throught the plates. Thanks for tip regarding the use of mixing up the plates, I'll have to try that in the near future.

L.J.

Friday 5/30/03

Super Advanced- 4 sets ( left: 13, 9, 8, 8; Right: 7, 5, 4, 3)

Pony Clamp- 3 sets of negatives

Just this morning I received a Super Advanced gripper from Warren Tetting. I was looking for a gripper between the #1 and #2. After giving it a test run I knew it was the gripper I wanted. I'm going to workout with it exclusively on Monday and then decide whether or not I want to give the #2 a shot for a new rep PR.

Monday 6/2/03

#3- 1 set of negatives

Super Advanced- 3 sets ( Left: 6, 6, 6; Right: 3, 4, 2 )

Pony Clamp- 4 sets of negatives

Friday 6/6/03

#2- 1 set of 3, 19 Singles ( All done within 20 min. and was done left handed only)

SA- 3 sets ( 10, 6, 4) Right hand only

I was surprised and pleased at how many singles I could do with the #2. I just felt like giving my hands a shock and boy did it do the trick.

Monday 6/9/03

#3- 1 set of negatives

SA- 4 sets of overcrushes

1.5" wooden block- 1 set with 60 lbs.( PR was 4 secs. each hand), 1 set with 55 lbs.(PR was 7 secs. each hand)

Before I performed negs with the #3, I attempted to close it as far as possible. It was quite obvious that I improved on it. ( I was well past parallel)

Edited by HandsofStone

Friday 6/13/03

#2- 3 sets ( Left: 3,2,1; Right: none)

SA- repped out with it ( didn't keep trackof repetitions)

Monday 6/16/03

SA- 3 sets ( Left: 16, 10, 9; Right:11, 6, 4)

#3- 1 set of negatives

Pony Clamp- 4 sets of negatives

Edited by HandsofStone

Friday 6/20/03

#3- 2 sets of negatives

SA- 2 sets of overcrushes

Monday 6/23/03

#2- 4 sets (Left: 4, 3, 2, 2; Right: no closes)

SA- 2 sets of 5 ( It was done right handed only and was done with a no set)

Today was a great workout. I repped the #2 for 4 reps which was a very nice surprise.

Friday 6/27/03

SA- 3 sets ( Left: 19, 9, 5 / Right: 10, 5, 4 )

#3- 1 set of negatives

Guest gripmaster316

HoS, how close are you with the 3? Have you considered a thick strap hold for the three?? If you wanna be cheap like me, just tape some pennies to a belt and have about 2.5 pounds on the belt. If you can do a couple of sets for 10 sec. or so either reduce the amount of pennies or increase the amount of weight.

Edited by gripmaster316

Gripmaster,

Last time I checked, I was a little past parallel with the #3. I have thought about using a thick strap for holds but haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the advice though.

L.J.

Monday 6/30/03

#3- 2 sets of negatives

SA- 2 sets of overcrushes

Olympic plate pinch: 1 set with 55 lbs. ( best times: 4 secs. left, 6 secs. right) 1 set with 52.5 lbs. ( best times: 6 secs. left, 13 secs. right)

I can't wait until Friday, My goal is 5 consecutive reps with the #2.

He's a short story. Yesterday my best friend was over and wanted to give my grippers a shot. When it comes to hand strength he gets pretty cocky but the kicker is that the only thing he does for forearms is wrist curls! I gave him my Super Advanced first and he crushed it easily. Then I handed him the #2 and he was halted at about 1/4" to go. I then grabbed the #2 and crushed it easily. I SHOCKED myself by how easy I had done it. Me being the friend that I am, rubbed his failed attempt in his face. He of course in return got really pissed off. 5 minutes later he wanted another go at the #2. I didn't see it, but he said he felt the handles touch. When I got a good view, he had about 1/16 to go. He was saying it the whole night, " I felt the handles touch you gotta believe me?" Nevertheless, he does have potential with the grippers. Next time I'll let him have a go with my #3.

Friday 7/4/03

#2- 4 sets ( Left: 4, 2, 3, 3 / Right: 0, 1, 1, 1)

Monday 7/7/03

SA- 3 sets ( Left: 11*, 13, 8 / Right: 5*, 7, 4)

*- set was performed with a no set close

3.5" block- 3 sets with 50 lbs. ( Best times were 5 secs. left and 6 secs. right)

Monday 7/14/03

#2- 4 sets ( Left: 5, 5, 3, 3 / Right: 1, 1, 2, 1)

I had 2 PR's today. I repped the #2 for 5 reps and was just a little shy from 6 with the left. I finally got 2 reps with my right on my third set.

Thursday 7/17/03

SA- 4 sets ( Left: 13*, 11, 11, 13 / Right: 8*, 7, 12, 6)

*- set was performed with a no set close

Edited by HandsofStone