Starting Planning For Az Cactus Grip 6 - 2013

acorn

I have some light ones.

If you could bring them that would be great. Also anything between say 115 - 130ish would be useful too I think.

- Aaron

I have some GNC light grippers that are rated. Also I have one or two in the specified range.

I have some GNC light grippers that are rated. Also I have one or two in the specified range.

If you want to bring them that would be great.

Also if any of you guys traveling by car happen to have portable or folding chairs you might want to bring them as well as snacks for yourself. Not sure how many are gonna show up and seating may be limited. There is a possibility of my wonderful wifey doing a Chipotle run for lunch as well if you like that sort of thing.

- Aaron

Do we need additional shade? I got one of those pop-up canopy thingies. I think it's 12x12.

And if anyone wants to bring extra snacks that I can buy that would be cool. I get in late on Friday then head out first thing Sat morning. Grabbing snacks might be tricky.

Daniel, I'm sure we will have something if you need sustenance

Ok cool. As long as they aren't packed with muscle relaxers. Lol.

• Like 2

I didn't plan on giving you nothing but diuretics and laxatives...

• Like 3

I didn't plan on giving you nothing but diuretics and laxatives...

That could be a disaster for everyone around. Good thing this comp is outdoors. Ill bring down some sawdust to cover the ground.

Good thing Rich is bringing the sawdust. I may have to upgrade the carryon bag to something bigger if I'll be packing alot of Depends for this trip.

• Like 1

Off topic but I wanted to share my pic of the comet I took tonight.

gallery_19587_1270_490531.jpg

Rich, it looks as if you had several minutes to frame that picture. Great shot! I like the colors.

Eric, I think the photo was 6 second exposure with a Nikon D90 with 105mm lens. Location was Belmont AZ

Looks really neat Rich. I was thinking about heading up to one if the observatories to maybe see it in the next couple of days.

On a side note Gail thinks its strange that I'm wanting tacos 3+ times a day down here :D

• Like 3

You are eating tacos three times a day. Dang man Ill bring extra sawdust and cedar chips for both you and Daniel.

Seriously, I didnt know you were allready down. I may be able to head down the night before if you want to meet up for dinner.

• Like 1

That'd be great Rich. Gail and aren't heading back until Tuesday.

I think some nice steak may be in order Friday night for anyone in town. Jason, you up for Mexican food tonight? :)

• Like 1

How's the weather down there Jason? I take it you two haven't melted yet in the heat?

It's warming up good. I was hoping it would stay cooler to keep some humidity around for the 2HP, but I guess that ain't happening.

It's warming up good. I was hoping it would stay cooler to keep some humidity around for the 2HP, but I guess that ain't happening.

If it's too dry we could ask Jason to stand next to the device. If he sweats like last year from the heat then we should be good for the device conditions. It would be nice to have good pinching conditions tho.

I think Aaron breaks out the humidifier and let's it 'perfume' the 2HP before we use it, when it's dry out.

Just finished my take-home tamales.....I am saddened that I must wait HOURS for additional tacos and chilies. :(

If it's too dry we could ask Jason to stand next to the device. If he sweats like last year from the heat then we should be good for the device conditions. It would be nice to have good pinching conditions tho.

I'm even fatter than last year buddy. I am Shi Halud and I will bring the water to the desert.

• Like 4

I think Aaron breaks out the humidifier and let's it 'perfume' the 2HP before we use it, when it's dry out.

Yep the 2HP will likely be sequestered with the 'Winnie the Pooh' humidifier before the 2HP event since its gonna be dry and 90+ deg out.

- Aaron

If anybody is in town friday night I think we should do a pre-comp steak dinner again. Anybody up for that?

- Aaron