Starting Planning For Az Cactus Grip 6 - 2013

acorn

Pre-comp news. Just about done with a working Comp Vbar I think. Finished the Lathe work last night though I may make one more piece to speed things up switching between 1.5" and 50mm" abit more. Almost done with drill press work, one more step up size to cross drill. After that Just have to Weld the base on. Very glad this is nearly done as my poor old lathe is in major need of some maintenance repairs now. Getting closer guys, are you getting excited yet?

- Aaron

Yessir! Getting the last couple of workouts in this week then a good rest period. Should get some decent PR's I think.

Excited as all hell! Visiting the AZ guys is always a pleasure. I'll probably be as well rested as ever since ihave to take 2 weeks off leading up to this comp. Not ideal but gotta heal the neck and get rid of this cold. Two chiro visits and a massage this week. Hoping that does the trick.

• Like 1

Excited as all hell! Visiting the AZ guys is always a pleasure. I'll probably be as well rested as ever since ihave to take 2 weeks off leading up to this comp. Not ideal but gotta heal the neck and get rid of this cold. Two chiro visits and a massage this week. Hoping that does the trick.

You too, huh, Daniel. I've had this particularly nasty cold for a week now. Strangely enough, I always get really strong workouts during a viral bout. I lack energy and endurance, but for some reason I'm able to heave heavier weights. A couple of other guys I've talked to have noticed the same effect.

• Like 1

If my sister is still game, I'm going to show her how to close a gripper, and pick up the 2HP this Saturday.

I got the placards back from the trophy shop. I tested the ebonizing solution for the bases, and it looks like it will work on these species of wood. Hope to have the bases cut and ebonized this weekend.

• Like 3

Functionally finished the comp vbar. Man it is slick and needs to be seasoned quick. Will get a pic up later when i get some time

• Like 1

Maybe we should do the windex trick instead of chalk :sorcerer:

So I have confirmed my sister is going to do the comp. She actually tried out axle, vbar, 2hp tonight. I didn't have any TSGs that she could close. I only have a black spring for my Vulcan. Ironically, for axle, her posterior chain was the limiting factor, not her grip. She did good on the 2" vbar - pulled about 100#'s. Assuming she gets a trophy, she is going to rub it in our little brother's face. :shuriken:

Edited by bwwm
  • Like 2

So I have confirmed my sister is going to do the comp. She actually tried out axle, vbar, 2hp tonight. I didn't have any TSGs that she could close. I only have a black spring for my Vulcan. Ironically, for axle, her posterior chain was the limiting factor, not her grip. She did good on the 2" vbar - pulled about 100#'s. Assuming she gets a trophy, she is going to rub it in our little brother's face. :shuriken:

haha cool my sister is probably going to beat me at my comp also and I wont hear the end of it. She just repped out on the trainer I got her and is close to a 100lb pull on the rolling thunder. Those wooden grippers look really cool also btw nice job.

Awesome!

Eric, man I wish I was stronger when sick. Lately all my sickness is followed by an injury.

Martin, nice your sis will go. and can't wait to see what the final trophies look like.

Aaron, nice setup!

That is a pristine set up Aaron. Nicely done.

The handles are starting to season up some already. Pulled 110Kg on the 50mm last night with no warmup.

- Aaron

• Like 2

I cant wait to get down to tucson next week. It will be fun for sure.

• Like 1

Got the Vbar base painted up yesterday and the spinlocks for the axle calibrated against the Eleikos to be exactly 2.50kg each. Started working on 2HP collars to bring weight to even increments per width and started cleaning up in the training room and outside. Zach let me know last night that he will be coming but not to compete. Just to help out and to bring the 5gal batch of Scottish Ale homebrew for us to drink.

- Aaron

• Like 2

I can't believe Zach is not competing! I'm glad he's bringing beer though!

The comp is coming soon! About time to start packing the bag. My gf asked asked to borrow and a gripper and she finally is closing it. Sounds like she may jump in when we get there. Then again I don't blame her if she picks a seat next to Zack and his 5 gallons of awesomeness.

5 gallons of Scotish ale? I probably should bring a tent to camp out in the front yard. Sounds not safe to drive back :excl:

Do any of you guys coming have any of the lighter range grippers? Like stuff below the Trainer for the ladies?

Shirts came in yesterday and they look great btw.

Thanks,

Aaron

• Like 1

I have nothing below a 'harder' #1. Worse comes to worse, I guess we could try a vulcan with a easy spring (I have a Vulcan, but no easy spring).

I have nothing below a 'harder' #1. Worse comes to worse, I guess we could try a vulcan with a easy spring (I have a Vulcan, but no easy spring).

I have a sporting goods gripper with foam handles if worse comes to worse. If they can't close that then well......

- Aaron