6/23/13

bench

70x5

85x5

105x3

115x5

130x5

145x5

weight isn't easier, but it goes up much faster. happy the speed stuff is working.

speed military

barx3

55x3

70x3x8

lying db extension

20x15x3

db row

40x10

60x10

80x10x3

6-26-13

squat

100x5

120x5

145x3

160x5

185x5

205x5

abs

2 miles on the bike

i went golfing for 3 hours in the heat today and then came home and ate and drank fluids as i felt sick from being out in the heat. i nearly threw up on my last set of squats.

i rode two miles on the bike because i just got a job in montana and my apartment is only two miles from my job so id like to bike there when possible. thought i would bike around for the next three weeks just to get my body somewhat used to it.

• Like 1

6/28/13

military press

60x5

75x5

90x3

105x3

120x3

135x3

this was one of the hardest lifts ive ever done. the last rep on the last set took a lifetime ot get up. i mean it was a loooong rep. i pulled the middle of my back and ripped a wart on my hand trying to get it up. im not doing too well on military so i think next month im going to stay at the same weight and not move up.

speed bench (normal bench grip)

barx8

65x3

85x3x8

jm press

barx8

70x8

90x8x2

side raise

20x10x3

just feeling weak. its probably my diet but i just feel week the last coupel weeks

7/1/13

pull day

speed squat

95x2

115x2

135x2x8

good morning with feet shoulder width

barx6

65x5

95x3

115x3

135x3

160x3x2

never done heavy good mornings

shrugs

135x10

155x10

185x10

210x10

225x10

abs

7/2/13

bench

70x5

85x5

105x3

120x3

140x3

155x3

120x10

speed military press

bar x3

75x3x8

flat bar tri pushdown

100x12x5 (actually thought the weight was on 90 lbs.. realized midway through the 3rd set it was on 100)

hammer strength one arm row thingy

40x10

60x8x3

speed db curl

just kidding

so a couple of weeks back i hurt my chest area in an accident that is too embarrassing to reveal. it left a bloody cut and the whole area was servery bruised but itnever bothered me. but today it was really hurting for some reason. any movement i made would make it throb.

7/5/13

squat/militarypress

military press

60x5

75x5

95x3

110x5

125x3

140x1

squat

100x5

120x5

145x3

170x3

195x3

220x3

abs

next week im moving to billings montana. i have 5 workouts to do before thursday to be done with this cycle and in my deload week. i dont have much time as i have a lot of moving to do and my gf will be here this weekend so a few of these workouts might be combined. im not sure how soon into live in billigns it'll be before i have a gym membership so i may not move up in weight for the next cycle when i start it.

I'm really liking how your squat is progressing

Also.... is that a military PR right there??

Edited by MattM

I'm really liking how your squat is progressing

Also.... is that a military PR right there??

didnt realize it but that does tie a pr. so did the 3 week. i think though for this following cycle i wont up any of my weights. ill be moving to montana and also i have to factor in biking to work 5 times a day, along with actaully working so i think i might keep my numbers the same.

7/7/13

pull day

speed squat

95x5

115x3x2

135x2x8

good morning

75x5

95x5

115x3

135x3

155x3

not a pr.. but i was much more strict on these

bb shrugs

135x10

185x10

225x10

abs

7/9/13

bench

70x5

85x5

105x3

130x5

145x3

165x3 (prescribed 1)

135x8

military press

65x8

80x8x3

lying db extension

20x10x3

db row

40x10

60x10

80x8

100x8

7/10/13

squat

golfed 9 holes before and have a lot to do today so i only squatted and left

100x5

120x5

145x3

180x5

205x3

230x2 (prescribed 1)

this marks the end of this cycle and just in time for me to move out of state. tomorrow ill drive to my new place and i start work on saturday. i have no idea when my first day off will be so im not sure when ill be able to set up a gym membership and start.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been without a gym for a couple of weeks as I get settled in my new apt and new job.

I went to a gym today and signed up. It's small, only has one half ass squat rack and doesn't allow chalk but it is only $12 a month (compared to the nice gym that was $55 A MONTH!!). I'll start back up tomorrow.

I don't have a car here and so I bike everywhere but everything is pretty close. I bike to work which is 4 miles round trip.. and the gym is only 1.5 miles. I'm sure I've lost some strength due to all the biking along with working 40 hours a week and just the hussle of getting a new apartment and a new life. Because of this I think I'm going to drop my military training back a month and keep the other two at the last month that I did.

As far as deadlifting... I'm not sure what I'm going to do. My back can't really handle deadlifting 3 times a week but I can't do any sort of rack pull there as there is nowhere to do them. I also can't use chalk and I absolutely hate straps as they just feel weird to me. But I'll keep doing deads and also heavy sets of good mornings but I'll have to try and figure out something else.

Hopefully this gym goes okay.

I'm glad to hear you found something man! Just work into the lifting again and everything will fall back into place. What equipment is there? Will you be lifting before or after work? Also I'll think of some things to do to make some sort of a rack pull possible :)

7/25/13

military press

60x5

70x5

85x3

95x5

105x5

120x5

speed bench

barx5

65x5

85x3x8

tri pushdowns with bar

35x15x5 (yes, only 35 pounds. the pulley system must be super weird because their 35 pounds feels like la fitness's 90 pounds)

upright row

50x10x3

15 pulls ups

I'm glad to hear you found something man! Just work into the lifting again and everything will fall back into place. What equipment is there? Will you be lifting before or after work? Also I'll think of some things to do to make some sort of a rack pull possible :)

Not great equpiment. Like I said they have a half ass squat rack. It's basically the 3rd rack that wellness center has that is next to the two real squat racks. There bars are thick though.. they don't have any normal sized bars, it seems all of them are thick. They have two bench presses but they have a split in the bench so the head piece can move around (idk why the split is there though since it is unmoveable). This is an issue because where the split in the bench is is directly where I like to place my head when benching. So my head sits in a crevice.

Nowhere to do rack pulls and I'm not sure if I can use the rack for shrugs as my arms might be too long. Dummbells up to 125. And then just basic pulley machines and then rip offs of the hammer strength machines and all those other things I don't use. Also has a nice looking leg press and hyper extension area. That's the basics of what they have.

I'm not a morning person and I like to eat a few times before lifting so I don't think I'll ever lift in the morning so I'll have to do it after work. The only real issue with this is if I have a long day at work, and the gym closes early on weekends (I usually work weekends).

7/30/13

deadlift day

good morning

65x5

95x5

115x3

135x3

155x3

shrugs

135x20x5

face pull

30x15x4

abs

biked like... 4 miles today? plus the 4 miles i bike everyday for work.

7/31/13

bench

70x5

95x5

105x3

115x5

135x5

150x5

i said in a previous post that this month im not going to go up in weight at all but i felt confident i could go up in the bench. nice to know that i can not press anything at all for 3 weeks and still be improving on bench.

lying db extension

20x12x4

hammer strength row machine (weight per arm)

45x10

55x10

70x10x2

chest fly machine

did four sets with each weight increasing

today was kind of a weird day as im still trying to get oriented at the new gym. but i did hear some great news at the gym... i can use chalk. i was told last week by some lady that it was illegal but then some guy who works there said its totally fine. this is great news as i dont like using straps and now i can deadlift and row and not have a grip issue.

also biked....6 miles? today. also went swimming. a bit nervous about how my first squat session will go with all this biking. that will either be tomorrow or friday

8/6/13

squat

100x5

120x5

145x3

160x5

180x3 (prescribed 5 but i stopped at 3. i knew i needed to save something for the last set)

205x3 (prescribed 5. couldnt do it. ive been biking an average of 4 miles a day and havent squatted in 3 weeks. but im glad that i only lost out on two reps. i dont think it'll be a problem once i get a rhythm going.

leg press (plates per side)

1 plate x5

2 plates x5

3 plates

4 plates

horizonal calf machine

90x15x4 (didnt wanna go too hard on this as its the first direct calf work ive had in 3 weeks. my calves can really get injured if i dont ease into it)

abs

overall not a bad day considering. unfortunately i still wont be able to get a good gym rhythm going as enxt week i have to fly to oregon for a wedding. im hoping once all this settles down things win the gym will get a bit better but all things considered i havent had the dropoff that i thought might happen.

8/6/13

squat

100x5

120x5

145x3

160x5

180x3 (prescribed 5 but i stopped at 3. i knew i needed to save something for the last set)

205x3 (prescribed 5. couldnt do it. ive been biking an average of 4 miles a day and havent squatted in 3 weeks. but im glad that i only lost out on two reps. i dont think it'll be a problem once i get a rhythm going.

leg press (plates per side)

1 plate x5

2 plates x5

3 plates

4 plates

horizonal calf machine

90x15x4 (didnt wanna go too hard on this as its the first direct calf work ive had in 3 weeks. my calves can really get injured if i dont ease into it)

abs

overall not a bad day considering. unfortunately i still wont be able to get a good gym rhythm going as enxt week i have to fly to oregon for a wedding. im hoping once all this settles down things win the gym will get a bit better but all things considered i havent had the dropoff that i thought might happen.

The calves... my bad :/

I agree that after all that biking and time off two reps is no loss at all! You'll bounce back in no time, and it might even have been a good thing in the long run. I'll be keeping my eye on your log man!

8/9/13

military

60x5

70x5

85x3

100x3

115x3

130x3

i barely got these. ive lost weight and strength since moving up here. im going to try and start bringing milk to work to down when i have a second. i need to get my caloric intake up.

straight bar tri pushdowns

35x15x4

hammer curls

25x8

30x8x2

my schedule is still weird. my gf just moved up here with me and next week we are going to oregon for a wedding so my lifting schedule is crap right now.

im also experiencing some intense pain in my arms, particular my right arm. the pain is right after i lift anything at work and it is right in the middle of my forearm between my pinky and elbow. the pain doesnt feel like muscle or tendon, it feels like bone (which i know is impossible). its extreme dull pain, almost as if my arm was about to snap. not sure what exactly is going on but i can feel it during some lifts.

8/11/13

deadlift

135x5

165x3

195x3

225x3

not bad for my first day lifting after all this biking and not lifting stuff.

back extension

5 sets of 10 reps

didnt want to go too hard on these.

shrugs

135x10

165x10

195x2x10

abs

8/13/13

crap workout... i have to fly out to oregon for a wedding today so i woke up and wetn to the gym. i hate going ot hte gym right after waking up and only eating breakfast. plus i had a crap dinner last night so i had no energy. i had to do both squat and bench for my 3 week today and i only got past the 2nd working set on both. didnt even try the final sets. im sure i could do the bench if i actually trained like normal but my squat is crap right now from all this biking. going to oregon now and will be back late this week.

8/18/13

Military press

60x5

70x5

85x3

105x5

120x3

135x1 (barely got it)

85x8x3

Speed bench

Bar x 8

65x5

85x3x8

Straight bar tri pushdowns

42.5x12x5

35 total pull ups with different hand positions

I feel very weak and very slow. But I have no more trips and should be able to start training normally now

8/20/13

good morning

barx8

70x8

95x5

115x3

135x3

155x3

face pull

37.5x12x5

hamstring curl machine

dont even remember.. hated the machine but it was busy and so didnt feel like waiting around.

its hard riding my bike so much and doing deadlift/squat days. hopefully i can get a car in the coming months.

8/25/13

squat

100x5

120x5

145x3

180x3 (this was supposed to be 5 but i only did 3 to save some much needed energy)

205x3 (barely got this)

230x1

Tough, but good. I feel this was my first real squat workout since moving here. I'm not going to bump my numbers up this upcoming month.

leg press

1 platex5

2 platesx5

3 platesx5x3

3 sets of 15 bodyweight calf raises

abs

Tough day but once again felt like this was my first real leg day since moving here. Things should be better from now on.