Race To The Red Nail

Chez

Why are you bending it like that? You are loosing leverage. Bend up up high your chest near your neck. PUSH on the ends.

I have a hard time getting my hands that high. Even without a nail, its feel awkward. Right now I can't generate any power from my hands being high. I need to keep working on it and improve my flexibly.

Haven't bent in a looooooong time and will be returning to this race after this weekend. Decided to just do some volume bending yesterday and cranked out about 5 60D timber ties in a variety of bends, DO, Reverse and DU. Lost some strength with everything that's been going on this past month but I intend to get it back in spades.

I have a hard time getting my hands that high. Even without a nail, its feel awkward. Right now I can't generate any power from my hands being high. I need to keep working on it and improve my flexibly.

Yes improve your flexibility and when you do that, then the g5 will be a warm up to you.

Good bending guys.

Brian, good to see you back! How did your tournament go?

Martin, I'm not sure that technique will work for me on the G8. I don't have the strength to reverse that bolt right now. It's a tough one but I'll get it. Perseverance!

Great progression here guys. Keep at er!

(null)

7" x 19/64" 01 Drillrod in IMPs. First time bending in about 6+ weeks. I could be off, but I believe this typically rates at around 395lbs.

Sick bend! Not too far off brother!

Sick bend! Not too far off brother!

I hope so. I'm going to work with this until it's an easy <10 second bend before I try the 5/16 HRS. My kink is weak.

Cool thread! But I must say you guys are way to friendly toward each other. Friendly trash talk should always be encouraged in these type of races!!! :devil

• Like 1

Had a go at a Red In Reverse Today. I have never been able to move this in Reverse before. I have been Working the Sledge Every Week for the last 6 Week's and it has payed off. This is in Horne Suede Touching in the Middle. Got this to around 12Deg. Will get it to 40Deg soon. : Video : http://youtu.be/9sl5XV0EyCc

Nice!

Nice kink Jarrod!

Nice kink Jarrod!

Thanks.

No, no, you guys are way to supportive! I want to see some northern hemisphere chauvinism! Oh yeah Jarrod, you can reverse all the red nails you want with your world class wrist strength, but it is not going to change the fact that your toilets flush in the wrong direction!!! Northen hemisphere for the win!

• Like 2

I bought some A36 Hot Rolled Steel from Industrial Metal Supply - 1/4" round, 1/4" square, and 5/16" round. For some reason, it is all really soft, in that I can reverse bend it all at 7" lengths. It all bends with really wide arcs, which tells me it's pretty soft. Their 1018 Cold Rolled Steel on the other hand, is way harder than the Steelworks I picked up at Lowe's (1/4" CRS or 1/4" HRS), I can't even kink it yet.

No, no, you guys are way to supportive! I want to see some northern hemisphere chauvinism! Oh yeah Jarrod, you can reverse all the red nails you want with your world class wrist strength, but it is not going to change the fact that your toilets flush in the wrong direction!!! Northen hemisphere for the win!

:grin: :grin:

This is priceless Dave. :sorcerer:

Get going on that steel Martin! I should have a Red bend to post on Thursday. I bent one down to 1/16th within 2 inches last week. It was pretty inspiring.

Isaiah Congratulations on your red nail progress!!! You're pretty much there, just need some time I guess.

I see what you mean about the addiction. I've gotten pretty good with the Steelworks 1/4" HRS & CRS. Yesterday I was finally able to bend some 60d nails that I picked up from home depot. The past few times I had tried, I could barely get a wobble. Yesterday I got them bent so the ends were within 2". I need to get some grade 5 & grade 8's one of these days.

7" x 19/64" 01 Drillrod in IMPs. First time bending in about 6+ weeks. I could be off, but I believe this typically rates at around 395lbs.

Got this last night in 15 seconds vs the 20 it took me in the video above. I could post the video, but it's basically same look, just shave 5 seconds off. Progress. I've got some M and N 0-1 Drillrod on the way to try this weekend hopefully.

Way to go Martin! The bug might have you! I ordered my G5's and G8's from FBBC. I couldn't find them at any hardware store.

Way to go Martin! The bug might have you! I ordered my G5's and G8's from FBBC. I couldn't find them at any hardware store.

Well, I'm 95% sure I have seen grade 5 in the True Value down the street, but I don't know if they will have 1/4" x 6". Normally, when they don't have something, they refer me to the Ace Hardware up near Mesa if they don't have it in the catalog. I guess I will find out later this week for sure. But that's a good tip to get them from FBBC, if they are rare out this way.

Did a session 10 hours back. Bent 15 60D's in everyway possible or at least tried in everyway. I didnt have anymore steel inbetween i immediatly went for a 70d (my old fbbc stock are under million of things cannot remove them all it'll take time) and started slowy to warm up. 10 attempts each one stronger pressure. The 11th attempt that bastard 70d was only mini kinking. Tried it again and again but same. Tried another 70d and also same a small mini kink. These bastards vary a lot from slightly easier than a red to as hard as 80d. Then attempted my last bastard i mini kinked i bent it in 40 sec. Tried another bastard bent it in one and a half minute. Of course all in IMP. Then did little weights and sledge. I contacted IM waiting for a witness now. Hopefully my hands wont give up on me on the cert day. Because IM pads are too tough on the hands and i hope my hands wont tear before it or during the cert.. We will see. God willing it'll go smoothly.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1