Race To The Red Nail

Chez

Keep at it Josh! Have you tried bending a RED in thicker wraps?

Try it in doubles or leather & work yer way down to singles. Thats the way a lot of us guys did it!

Good luck bud!

No i have not tried that, thanks though. I plan on hitting the 5/16th HRS alot.

HRS kink is similar to CRS imo... the sweep and crush are easier for sure.. Its a good start to bending the red though... not that far off actually imo.

Yea i have bent some, i almost got a peice of 5/16th crs in imp singles today.

Just wanted to check who is still training for this. I know Josh is taking time off because of his shoulder.

Joel: are you still training for the certification? Haven't heard from you in a while.

Just wanted to check who is still training for this. I know Josh is taking time off because of his shoulder.

Joel: are you still training for the certification? Haven't heard from you in a while.

Thanks for asking, Chez. Yes, I am still training for the certification. I am just taking a few weeks off from bending to focus on block weights and axle. I ran into a roadblock with the bending, I kept getting a little weaker. I have seen this before, I am good for several weeks of consistant bending, then I need to take a few weeks off to recover and I come back stronger. I just wish I could recognize this sooner and take the time off right away. I usually spend a couple weeks trying to see if the backslide is just a couple of bad workouts, or really truely an overtraining situation.

Again, thanks for checking, it really means you are here for the long haul to encourage others even after you achieved this goal yourself.

• Like 1

I have been bending some but mostly resting, my shoulder is doing a bit better

im not gonna push it. I have been keeping my grip training up also

I have noticed a huge increase in my grip since i started bending and cut back

on grippers, i came within a mm of tns my 3! And closed it left mms easy.

• Like 1

Good stuff fellas. Just want to check in. You are both getting pretty close and I wanna see you on that list, but rest is also very important. Bending really beats up the body.

Thanks Chez, i wanna get that red nail cert and coc3 cert im kinda doin both right now.

Nice work guys... hang in there & be consistent! Listen to yer body & rest when needed!

I usually trained hard for 3-weeks then 1-light deload week. Plenty of contra exercises as well to keep everything balanced. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks robert, Im still beating at that red nail, i kinked some 5/16th crs in imp's i can tell

it will go down soon.

I just bent a rednail at work!! It was in doubles half way then finished in single IM!

Thats huge progress for me!

I just bent a rednail at work!! It was in doubles half way then finished in single IM!

Congrats man!

It felt good!!! I will get it in singles and i will get on that list!!

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

Awesome. Congrats dude. Getting over the mental hurdle and bending one is huge.

Thanks guys, And yes there is a huge mental block when it comes to bending

i think i just unblocked it tonight;)

Awesome work Josh! Keep grinding brother. . It won't be long!!

Thanks Robert, it realy boosted me to want the rednail cert even more!

Good job! Something that helped me was my wrapping procedure. I use two pony clamps to hold down the end of the pad (clamped end being away from me) after chalking the stew out of it and pull that pad as tight as you can while you tuck and roll it and when you start to see slack, push it it under as you roll. This helped me a lot and it might hurt your fingers at first but you'll get used to it.

Thanks ! I just started doing it that way, and i realized how important it

is to get the wraps tight! It helped me bend alot better, I dom't

seem to punch myself in the face as much lol

Yes indeed. .. tight wraps are a must brother! As your wraps get more seasoned flip em' around so they last longer. Otherwise the nails punture them & lose some protection... I made this mistake so I know!

Also file or grind down the nail ends to alleviate some of the aforementioned wear and tear!

• Like 1

Good advice, Thanks. How do you get BB wraps and how are they?

Just realized i have a fastenal store where i live!!

They have alot there but they can also order me anything

overnight;) got some 5/16 crs there today.

• Like 1