Race To The Red Nail

Chez

M-Bar progress from today. I improved my time, this one went down in under two minutes. Daniel's tip to lean back (to create tension) before each hit really seemed to make a difference, especially on the sweep and crush. Thanks a bunch Dan!

This thread is great. Look at all the Red Nail certs that have happened here. Plus, I just had a Red Nail bender give me video feedback that helped me improve the very next time I bent. Plus Sharkey PM'd a while ago and really set me up for success using Drill Rod.

Looking good Joel. Keep chipping away. I envy your flexibility.

Great job bro! I love to see people make instant progress. Its such a great feeling to make something feel easier with just some adjustments. Keep at it brotha. You'll be on the Red list in short time!

• Like 1

Nice work JC .. keep at it bud!

Loved the vid Daniel.

Its helped my technique as well!

• Like 1

jchap - solid fight on that bar! I could never stay with a bar that long on DO!

Still waiting for my judge to contact me. I took down an FBBC Shiny Bastard tonight under certification conditions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElLECWi3aMg

You are going to destroy the Red! A shiny is a tough bend!! Hope they set you up soon so you can plan things out with the bending.

• Like 1

Thanks buddy! I am pretty wore out from

moving i cant wait to get back to regular training.

Well thanks man, i have not tried but i do have some red nails that Tom Scibelli sent me.

My phone will only upload short videos so i had to split this to 2 parts. This is a 1/4 Grade5

bolt.

Part 1

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FENcHr5dEcg&feature=c4-feed-u

Part 2

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6IuzwoK_Y&feature=c4-feed-u

Nice man! I have a M bar Tom S. gave me, i may try it tomorrow

how hard is it?

Nice man! I have a M bar Tom S. gave me, i may try it tomorrow

how hard is it?

I am told it is a little bit less than a Red Nail.

It looks like you are ready for tougher steel, after that 60D bend. Are you planning on getting Red Nail certified?

Great work guys. I'm still waiting on my judge to contact me :(. I did a little bending today to stay sharp. Took down 2 red nails under certification conditions back to back. My left palm has been a little sore so I cut the workout there. I'm going to do contrast baths for a few days to get rid of the soreness.

Great work guys. I'm still waiting on my judge to contact me :(. I did a little bending today to stay sharp. Took down 2 red nails under certification conditions back to back. My left palm has been a little sore so I cut the workout there. I'm going to do contrast baths for a few days to get rid of the soreness.

Way to stay sharp. Quite a balancing act between staying fresh and staying in bending form. I bet your biggest fear is an untimely injury. Just stay smart and the cert day will be here in no time.

I hate to hear that about your Judge Chez. Hopefully he gets in contact real soon. Also, I've heard a little about contrast baths, can you elaborate a little please?

I hate to hear that about your Judge Chez. Hopefully he gets in contact real soon. Also, I've heard a little about contrast baths, can you elaborate a little please?

Thanks bud. I just have to be patient and make sure I stay injury free. Contrast baths are a great way to speed up recovery from grip and bending. you fill a container with ice water and submerge your hand it as long as you can tolerate and then immediately dip your hand in warm water (I just put it under hot water from the sink since its a pain keeping the water warm. I use a bowl for the cold water since I can just add ice to that). The contrast between cold and hot is suppose to stimulate blood flow and recovery. It has work great for me in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_bath_therapy

Way to stay sharp. Quite a balancing act between staying fresh and staying in bending form. I bet your biggest fear is an untimely injury. Just stay smart and the cert day will be here in no time.

ya, injury is my biggest worry right now. I lose skin and get palm bruises from bending often so I'm trying to make sure I'm fresh for cert day.

Contrast baths have worked wonders for me! Your gonna kill it chez, And yea i do want to

get the red nail someday.

Contrast baths have worked wonders for me! Your gonna kill it chez, And yea i do want to

get the red nail someday.

I think it would be good to start bending in Ironmind pads if you are thinking about certifying one day.

I will soon as i can afford them, movin an't cheap.

Damn Chez, sorry to hear IM still hasn't found you a judge. You're beyond ready and I can imagine each session that feeling of pushing it vs staying healthy. It's a fine line to cross. Hopefully they get back to you soon. I'm looking forward to your cert and video big time!