Race To The Red Nail

Chez

Sweet!!!

I bet its overkill;) congrats bro!

Amazing job! Its been a fun journey to see your progress in bending, you put in the work and the results paid off. Small list of guys certed on both the #3 and red nail. I think paul knight is the only guy to have certed on the red and 3.5 so you and tommy will be joining that list also I'm sure.

can't wait for the video also

Great job starting this thread also you have helped inspire a lot of guys to take on this challenge and it will only continue to grow.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Thanks guys. its been a fun journey. It was super frustrating at times, but it made it feel that much sweeter to finally get it done. I'm really happy with the way this thread turned out. We had a lot of guys participate. It isn't over. I want the thread to continue and I'll keep checking in and encouraging new guys who join it. I know I called it "Race" but its not really a race. It doesn't end because someone certifies. I want this to be the spot guys go to when they want to cert the red.

Josh and Joel, you two are up next. Get it done.

• Like 1

I feel honored man, I get so inspired by you guys. Never knew there

so many like us, We are a special breed . What we desire does not cost much

and we are selfless and put are heart and soul into everything

we do, Thats why you smashed that steel Chez cause you have

a big heart! And you actually give a dam about the other guys on here

you have always helped me and made me feel welcome and part of the gripboard

thanks bro and congrats again!!.

• Like 1

Hey fellas my RED cert is done today also! Vid is on YouTube under Robert Miller red nail cert!

Thanks for all the support along the way guys!!

Nice work Chez... I saw yer vid! Smoke show!!

Now onto the Gold Nail! !?? Working on FBBC bars for now!

• Like 1

Congrats robert!!!

Hey fellas my RED cert is done today also! Vid is on YouTube under Robert Miller red nail cert!

Its raining red nail Certs! Congrats again Robert. I saw your video. He destroyed it. Very quick.

Dam robert extremly fast!

About how far should i put the nail in the wrap? Is there a difference with

different size bars? What is best?

Its raining red nail Certs! Congrats again Robert. I saw your video. He destroyed it. Very quick.

Lol, double certs!! Congrats Robert!

About how far should i put the nail in the wrap? Is there a difference with

different size bars? What is best?

Josh I think this is somewhat of a personal preference, but in general I think most guys wrap the bar anywhere from 1.5'' to 2'' from the end. I use to measure it, but now I just kind of eyeball it around the half way mark in my pads. Mess around with it and see what feels the best. I know if I'm using thicker pads I'll go out farther to the end, but if I'm in singles I'll be closer to the 2'' mark.

Thanks Tom its just hard to tell om video i had it about there already

• Like 1

Thanks Tom!

Btw Josh I wrap @ 1.5" from the ends most the time. Seems to be the optimum width for my mechanics. Try different widths & see what woorks best for you. Good luck bud!

Btw Josh I wrap @ 1.5" from the ends most the time. Seems to be the optimum width for my mechanics. Try different widths & see what woorks best for you. Good luck bud!

Thanks man! All these red certs has me amped up!
  • Like 1

Great Bends Josh. You are progressing quickly.

I took down a 5/16 x 6 inch piece of drill rod tonight in BBWs. This was a super long fight. I didn't feel 100 % tonight since my left palm is pretty sore but I wanted to try this since I have rated ones that I want to attempt for the BB Cert list. I had to do it over 3 attempts a couple minutes apart. Really 2 attempts since I didn't move it all on the second attempt in IMPs. It got hard quick at the sweep and I struggled with the sweep since my hands started to hit together at a certain point. I'm not use to bending bars this hard at 6 inches in wraps as thick as BBWs. I'll have to learn the technique to created space. Fun battle though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZGLmAn7jQ4

Edited by Chez

Nice work Josh... How's yer kink bud?

Looks like yer sweep & crush are fairly strong already! Oh & btw, get some chalk on those wraps man!!

Aww man. .. can't see the vid Chez. I'll try on my laptop..I'm sure you killed it bud!

6" crush is so much harder than 7" with comparable steel!

Thanks guys and good job Chez, I actually like the IMP's just had to get the

hang of wraping with them, I still realy like the suede's to. I have been bending a lot

of 7in 5/16th HRS and 7in 1/4th stainless. Im kinda hooked on bolts for some

reasonl=] I started to bend one of the grade 8's you sent Tom and dam there

hard! I got it started though so maybe soon.

Great Bends Josh. You are progressing quickly.

I took down a 5/16 x 6 inch piece of drill rod tonight in BBWs. This was a super long fight. I didn't feel 100 % tonight since my left palm is pretty sore but I wanted to try this since I have rated ones that I want to attempt for the BB Cert list. I had to do it over 3 attempts a couple minutes apart. Really 2 attempts since I didn't move it all on the second attempt in IMPs. It got hard quick at the sweep and I struggled with the sweep since my hands started to hit together at a certain point. I'm not use to bending bars this hard at 6 inches in wraps as thick as BBWs. I'll have to learn the technique to created space. Fun battle though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZGLmAn7jQ4

Awesome work Chez, I think you could take down a Huge Bastard

Thanks guys and good job Chez, I actually like the IMP's just had to get the

hang of wraping with them, I still realy like the suede's to. I have been bending a lot

of 7in 5/16th HRS and 7in 1/4th stainless. Im kinda hooked on bolts for some

reasonl=] I started to bend one of the grade 8's you sent Tom and dam there

hard! I got it started though so maybe soon.

Nice work Josh, once you can finish a grade 8 you'll be ready for the red!