The Shoggoth Basement

Shoggoth

Jason, are you still dropping weight? If so, it doesn't seem to be affecting your strength.

No, that ended up being short lived. Intention is just to clean up my diet and see what happens with that. Dieting and running this current program wasn't feasible and I want to take a good run at a 400# bench before I get to old haha!

• Like 1

I like your new plan even better. A 400 bench would be most praiseworthy!

I figure I'm only 50# off and have a good chance at it.

You'll nail it soon enough! Have you tried dieting a week, and maintaining a week?

You'll nail it soon enough! Have you tried dieting a week, and maintaining a week?

No I haven't. Without trying it seems like it wouldn't work that well for strength or diet goals but obviously I don't have my diet dialed in either haha! What approach do you suggest?

April 14, 2015

Before Supper

Week 6. Elbows fhaking bugging me from armwrestling on Sunday. If I want to continue to progress my press I can't pull. I have a chance at cracking 400 in my lifetime before I get to old and I'd like to be able to at least say that I've done it.

That said I still got my work in.

Bench Press

45 x 3 x 10r

135 x 5

185 x 3

225 x 2

265 x 1

285 x 4 x 3r, 4

CG Bench Press

245 x 7, 6, 7

Superset

CG T-Bar Row 90/135/185/185 x 15

OH Band Ext Avr x 2 x 20r

Band Pressdowns Avr x 2 x 20r

• Like 3

What program do you follow for your benching?

One from a friend of mine (Jesse Jobe) who has a very good garage gym. This program he's been using for a while for himself and his clients with good success and asked if I'd like to test it as well. For the bench portion it's basically 2, 4 week lineal progression runs. Squats and Deads are 8 week waves.

April 14, 2015

CG Bench Press

245 x 7, 6, 7

Nice. These have kinda become the workhorse for jacking my bench up quick. Sometimes I swear they hike my bench up faster than benching itself does.

April 14, 2015

CG Bench Press

245 x 7, 6, 7

Nice. These have kinda become the workhorse for jacking my bench up quick. Sometimes I swear they hike my bench up faster than benching itself does.

Nice! I haven't been doing them this cycle but I get lots out of Spoto presses as well.

April 16, 2015

Before Supper

Week 6. Low back is a tad pooped so I decided to hit today with nothing but decent assistance work.

V Grip, T-Bar Row

90 x 10

135 x 10

180 x 10

205 x 3 x 10r

Supinated Reverse Grip Pulldowns - Faced Away

150 x 3 x 10r

Low Cable Row

200 x 2 x 15r

DB Row

100e x 3 x 10r

April 17, 2015

Noonish

Week 6. Felt a bit guilty not doing anything for my legs yesterday so I decided to do some quick hip belt squats to get a nice pump going. All quads!

Hip Belt Squat - Stood on blocks and used a loading pin

45/90/135/180 x 10

225 x 10, 15 - back to work. Great pump!

• Like 1

April 19, 2015

Afternoon

Week 6, fourth day. A bit of press oriented stuff.

Seated BB Shoulder Press

45 x 3 x 10r

95 x 5

145 x 5 x 5r, 10

DB Bench

85e x 12, 12, 10

Superset

EZ Upright Row 85 x 3 x 12r

EZ Curl 85 x 3 x 12r

• Like 2

April 20, 2015

Before Supper

Week 7. Elbows are still effed from arm wrestling practice a week ago and there's a ton of pain getting under the bar to squat. Still wearing my light red striped 2 meter Valeo wraps. Not much in the way of pop but my knees feel healthier using them vs sleeves.

Front Squat

45 x 4 x 3r

135 x 2

185 x 2

225 x 2

275 x 2

290 x 2

Squat

225 x 2 x 2r

315 x 1

375 x 6 x 4r

Seated Band Leg Curls

Avr x 3 x 20r

45' Back Raise - leaving these alone as I've got a pretty good deadlift session coming up later this week.

Standing Band Crunch

XH x 3 x 20r

• Like 2

Squatz all day here ^^^ NICE!

It's all you ever really need :)

Kimmo sent me a shirt a couple of days ago so I took a "grip" pic :flowers:

image1-732311.PNG

Edited by Shoggoth
  • Like 1

Damn, arms are looking big dude

Lol! I taped the fatcep the other day out of curiosity and they're growing again at 19.25 cold. Eat a few more bags of chips and steaks I'll get 20.

Hey Jason - I recall you were going to do a meet, but somehow I don't remember seeing a post with the results. Did I miss it? I was curious to see how you did.

Hey Jason - I recall you were going to do a meet, but somehow I don't remember seeing a post with the results. Did I miss it? I was curious to see how you did.

Work came about and buggered me about. I did a mock meet in the basement and did a vid. Went 8 for 9 missing my last deadlift. Squatted in my Tommy Kono sleeves and a belt. My totals were 525/345/555. I wanted 575 on the last pull but I got out of groove a bit.

April 22, 2015

Before Supper

Week 7. I hate reps. Second rep on is never quite the same. Maybe the first two but after that nope. For some weird reason it feels like ages since I've benched. I think I need to keep some kind of flat barbell bench in my 4th day just to keep my groove.

Bench Press

45 x 3 x 15r

135 x 5

185 x 3

225 x 2

275 x 1

300 x 4 x 2r, 3

High Pin Press P-11 255 x 3 x 8r

Paused at top BB Row 225 x 3 x 8r

OH Band Extensions Light in each Mitt x 20, 15, 15

Empty Bar Skullcrushers 45 x 50r

• Like 2

April 24, 2015

Before Supper

Week 7. Gave the good ol college try with whisky and deadlifts. Needs more experimenting. Took a 1/2 oz shot prior to my 455 set onwards.

Just did my deads tonight. At this percentage I feel like this is enough work. Glad with how easy the reps felt. Thinking I could probably do a four rep set but maybe I'm talking outta my ass with the whisky in me haha!

Did some Duffin warming up.

Deadlift

135 x 4 x 3r

225 x 2 x 2r

315 x 2 x 1r

405 x 1

455 x 1

495 x 1

530 x 5 x 2r

• Like 3