Horne Still #1 ?- Euro Pinch

Mikael Siversson

Time will tell if he has any interest in testing himself against David in the 1HP.

Time will tell if the one hand pinch is ever contested in the US. Actually, has David ever done a narrow pinch in a contest? Unless he comes to Michigan next year, there is no way he can keep his undisputed title!

I am not sure I got any of that Bob. David Horne is the #1 on the Europinch combining 2HP and 1HP, largely by default. This is simply facts. Someone may or may not challenge this position in the USA by having the 1HP in competition. The beauty with the Europinch is that people don't have to travel across the globe in order to compare themselves against others.

Time will tell if he has any interest in testing himself against David in the 1HP.

Time will tell if the one hand pinch is ever contested in the US. Actually, has David ever done a narrow pinch in a contest? Unless he comes to Michigan next year, there is no way he can keep his undisputed title!

I think bob's point was that as long as we're adding obscure events after the fact MGC's thin pinch would also be required to call yourself the king of pinch, or whatever the title would be.

so, he was talking about the event, not the venue.

Edited by barbe705

To get a clear picture of who's "really" the king, we should contest:

1HP each hand and 2HP at the following widths:

10mm

20mm

30mm

40mm

50mm

60mm

70mm

80mm

And honestly, how can you call yourself the true king unless we contest key pinch and palmer pinch on it at those widths too? We should also contest it in sub freezing and arid desert conditions. And please don't forget wet. If you can't lift it wet, you can't really call yourself the King.

That should cover it, unless you want to throw in pinky - thumb, ring finger - thumb, middle finger - thumb, and forefinger - thumb. Probably should in order to get a truly acurate picture. The contest should only take about 3 days to run through. Then we'll really know who da king is. :mosher

:rolleyes

10mm

20mm

30mm

40mm

50mm

60mm

70mm

80mm

And honestly, how can you call yourself the true king unless we contest key pinch and palmer pinch on it at those widths too? We should also contest it in sub freezing and arid desert conditions. And please don't forget wet. If you can't lift it wet, you can't really call yourself the King.

That should cover it, unless you want to throw in pinky - thumb, ring finger - thumb, middle finger - thumb, and forefinger - thumb. Probably should in order to get a truly acurate picture. The contest should only take about 3 days to run through. Then we'll really know who da king is. :mosher

Mike, I think you missed the point. I think the idea was to find something you are good at, and then lobby your ass off to make it standard... :trout

Today's workout with the Europinch exemplifies the incomplete picture of (variable width) pinch strength, relying solely on the 2HP. My training partner Lee pulled 1 per cent more than me in the 2HP and I pulled 10 per cent more than him in the 1HP (and we have been training both varieties equally hard for two years). Given that the 1HP is probably a stricter test of thumb strength one could argue that unless you can beat DH's 51.4k in the 1HP, or rather beat his total percentage-wise (eg beating his 2HP by 2 per cent and pulling 1 per cent less in the 1HP), you cannot justifiably claim to be the undisputed #1 on the Europinch. In my case I am either mediocre or almost elite depending on whether you look at my 2HP or my 1HP.

I feel like this is still relatively still on topic.

By your own words above, "Given that the 1HP is probably a stricter test of thumb strength..." you reflect on a major difference in the two lifts, and also about how you're probably better at 1HP than 2HP.

So it seems to me that the lifts are mutually exclusive when it comes to a "champ". One champ for each lift. Unless you're Peter Kerr, and happen to hold the top lift for both, and want to say "Come get me." Which, neither David nor Peter seem to be saying.

One could argue that you cannot justifiably claim to be the undisputed #1 on the Europinch without owning both lifts....but nobody is trying to make that claim. I can't think of any current recordholders who are that bombastic about their achievements. Except Rex might stop by and claim to be undisputed champ of something.

I feel like I spelled a few words wrong above.

I shall forgive you for your rudeness as you are Swedish but if you had been around on the gripboard a decade ago you would know that I lobby hard even when there is no obvious benefit for me personally. The 'folding' debate is a good example and so is the calibration debate.

10mm

20mm

30mm

40mm

50mm

60mm

70mm

80mm

Mike, I think you missed the point. I think the idea was to find something you are good at, and then lobby your ass off to make it standard... :trout

I shall forgive you for your rudeness as you are Swedish but if you had been around on the gripboard a decade ago you would know that I lobby hard even when there is no obvious benefit for me personally. The 'folding' debate is a good example and so is the calibration debate.

10mm

20mm

30mm

40mm

50mm

60mm

70mm

80mm

LMAO Mikael!

LMAO Mikael!

Josh, this is no laughing matter. Us Swedes are genetically programmed to be nice to each other. I'm some what of a genetic defect in that matter that I actually can be rude to my own kind.

Mikael, I do respect you for what you've done in the 2HP and the calibration debate. But had you been around a few months ago you would know that I don't get along very well with the "non-folding" click. But that is another topic.

Mikael, after reading these topics it is obvious that you are doing this because it WILL benefit you. And there is nothing wrong with that. Just be honest about it!

I personally started the horseshoe top-20 list when Milfeld notified that he would discontinue his horseshoe list. Would I have started it had I not been a strong contender for any of the top 3 spots? Probably not. I would probably not be that interested to invest time into something that I personally wasn't that good at. Sure I was injured at the time I started the list. But I knew that I would eventually get better and at that time I would jump up very fast on the list, which I did.

You wanna know the best approach to turn the 1HP into a standard event? Just start a list here, doesn't have to be an official list. start posting videos about 1HP. And eventually if enough interest is built you will see the 1HP start to pop up at different contests naturally.

World of Grip. Thread: 82.5k too light? Tuesd. 21 June 2011 9:56

I am happy to admit that the 82.5k class suits me perfectly although my weight have fluctuated between 75-95k over the last decade.

Anything else I can help you with?

Mikael, after reading these topics it is obvious that you are doing this because it WILL benefit you. And there is nothing wrong with that. Just be honest about it!

Mikael, I think this is what people are confused about. In this one case, you don't seem to be lobbying for anything in particular except that someone should not claim to be #1 on the Europinch unless they have the top 1HP and 2HP. But nobody is doing that or even trying to do that.

This just seems settled to me until someone gets crazy and claims an contrived undisputed title.

David,

How many do I need to post? I even included some novel ideas on the 1HP in competitions.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=36851

You wanna know the best approach to turn the 1HP into a standard event? Just start a list here, doesn't have to be an official list. start posting videos about 1HP. And eventually if enough interest is built you will see the 1HP start to pop up at different contests naturally.

Hmm looks like you have already done everything I suggested... well it seems that I have successfully gathered some extra douche points for myself this evening :blush

However when you lobby for anything this fiercely you're only gonna rally people against you. Not a good idea if you want to have people behind your idea.

Also have you thought that the 1HP vs 2HP might not be about wrist strength. I'm having an easier time with the 1HP because with the 2HP my arms aren't in optimal position to recruit the wrists.

I might be wrong though, I'm just starting with the 2HP and 1HP so my technique in either event might be off. But with that said I think it has more to do with hand positioning and individual finger force than wrist strength that determines which event you'll be better on.