600 Lb Completely Raw Bench Press For Reps

blueviper42

I think it's fake too (the big john stud lift), look at the rubber plates but I just want to see reactions. I mean you gotta know someone is powerfull when his freaking arms are as thick as Mcmahons body and he throws 300lb people around like dolls.

You are absolutely correct. Big John Studd is amazingly powerful. So is Andy. But to be a 600 or 700 pound bencher strong? No way. John has super long arms and lacks massive tricep development to be handling that sort of weight. I would be curious as to what he could really bench press though. A man that big will be able to move a lot of weight.

I think the Mighty Kaz made 600 for 6 and 630 x 3 before he injured his chest at the World Strongest man contest.

Riku Kiri also benched 600 x 5 -6 reps in his prime also.

Big Jim Williames had 675 lb passed in competetion and had 700 lb red lighted.

I believe his best bench was about 720 lbs touch and go witnessed by John Kuc.

The 675 was done with a 2 second pause at the chest and strict.

Jim had probably , along with Doug Hepburn and Pat Casy , the strongest upper body of all time.

Definitely looked fake. The bar barely bent and anyone who knows anything about lifting, not using collars with all those plates and going for reps will completely destroy your momentum.

If he could do all the things he says he can do, why does he not simply verify, tape and upload?

If what he says is true, he should be severely depressed for having thrown away that athletic talent to have a "nice body" when he could have made many millions off of it.

I can believe it. The bench record at my old high school was 550 and our coach was a stickler about technique. Touch and go was fine but no bouncing and had to be full lockout. There's a lot of genetic freaks floating around out there. Jeremy Hoornstra and Nick Winters come to mind as guys who could probably do this as well.

That is a pretty unbelievable bench for a kid...my highschool record was set my senior year by a friend of mine who was on the powerlifting team with me...he did 440 in practice...and that beat the old record by 60 lbs

A few months ago I posted a video in another thread of a guy called Eric Spoto doing about 9 reps with 495 in the Close-Grip Bench Press. I'm frustrated that there is so little info about that guy on the net. In an armwrestling forum several people have met him and say he likes to pull BUT he's supossedly focusing on benching right now and that's why he's not competing in AW. Although he did enter an AW tourney in '07 or '08. I mean, the guy definitely exists and is a beast, but I can find almost nothing else but these two videos. The one I mentioned above, and the 600x3 normal grip. Raw. I could believe this is true, as everyone who has met him (from the armwrestling board) states "he's close to breaking the raw bench record and then he'll try armwrestling". Dang I wish he'd post more videos. Check this one out:

http://www.ironscene.com/videos/4631_600_bench_press_raw

I heard Spoto beat several top pullers and could easily compete on the world level if he decided to pursue it. It looks like there is a tennis ball trying to get out of his inner forearm down by the elbow.

• 2 months later...

A few months ago I posted a video in another thread of a guy called Eric Spoto doing about 9 reps with 495 in the Close-Grip Bench Press. I'm frustrated that there is so little info about that guy on the net. In an armwrestling forum several people have met him and say he likes to pull BUT he's supossedly focusing on benching right now and that's why he's not competing in AW. Although he did enter an AW tourney in '07 or '08. I mean, the guy definitely exists and is a beast, but I can find almost nothing else but these two videos. The one I mentioned above, and the 600x3 normal grip. Raw. I could believe this is true, as everyone who has met him (from the armwrestling board) states "he's close to breaking the raw bench record and then he'll try armwrestling". Dang I wish he'd post more videos. Check this one out:

http://www.ironscene.com/videos/4631_600_bench_press_raw

I'll bump this thread i guess cause i know of a couple other vids with that guy Eric Spoto.

Edited by Wayne

That's some heavy dips and he does like 15 reps? I bet he can get a couple of reps with 6 plates or something... wow.

That's some heavy dips and he does like 15 reps? I bet he can get a couple of reps with 6 plates or something... wow.

I think he would get more than a couple. I can do 4 plates and i only bench 365.

He's a very gifted lifter. I hope he stays with lifting for a while before becoming a wristwrestler.

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled across this video. It looks to be Eric Spoto. This is a LEGIT 600 pound raw bench for 3 reps. Eat your heart out Andy Haman haha.

Wow! Strict and SUPER strong triple. One of the most impressive sets of bench I can remember seeing!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe this is actually being debated. How could anyone think he is actually benching 600 for reps? Do you fellas even lift?

• Like 1

I can't believe this is actually being debated. How could anyone think he is actually benching 600 for reps? Do you fellas even lift?

Looks like someone is butthurt about sending a Youtube PM to the guy in the video, and not getting a response in return. Heartbreak often turns to anger and denial.

Are you referring to Andy Haman's video or the Eric Spoto video I posted?

Are you referring to Andy Haman's video or the Eric Spoto video I posted?

Good question.

Sorry about the confusion, but I was referring to the Haman video. If you guys are interested in the history of the bench press, check out this article about Pat Casey http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2010/12/im-going-to-bench-press-600-pounds-pat.html I'm not sure which publication this is reproduced from. My all time favorite bench presser would have to be Jim Williams. Here is a wonderful piece on him http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/15307 Sorry, but anytime I see something about that Haman video, I get really irked. Cheers.