600 Lb Completely Raw Bench Press For Reps

blueviper42

I don't know if anyone has seen this. I was browsing through various videos on youtube and stumbled upon this a while back. It's Andy Haman, a bodybuilder, benching 600 pounds for 4 reps with no shirt on. As in, no upper body clothing at all. He just has jeans and shoes on. They are very clean reps too. I've never really seen any powerlifter or strongman match this level of strength on the bench press. Share any videos of RAW benchpressing that are equal or better than this.

Here's the video :

skip to 4:09 to see the benchpress. He has whipped cream on his mouth in case you're wondering and didn't watch the preceding part.

Edited by thewalrus

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this was a fake. Nobody in the world could make 600 this easy.

Here is a video of Christian Cantwell doing 630 RAW...I'm 98% sure this one is real

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this was a fake. Nobody in the world could make 600 this easy.

When I first saw it I thought it must be fake. But I could never really put a finger on why. I couldn't really find a valid reason or proof as to why it's fake other than it just seemed too crazy. The plates look real enough. Maybe someone can find a good reason other than just saying it looks too easy lol

if he used something to clank on the plates to verify they are solid cast iron then it would be justifiable.

I can believe it. The bench record at my old high school was 550 and our coach was a stickler about technique. Touch and go was fine but no bouncing and had to be full lockout. There's a lot of genetic freaks floating around out there. Jeremy Hoornstra and Nick Winters come to mind as guys who could probably do this as well.

Edited by Wes

When I first saw it I thought it must be fake. But I could never really put a finger on why. I couldn't really find a valid reason or proof as to why it's fake other than it just seemed too crazy. The plates look real enough. Maybe someone can find a good reason other than just saying it looks too easy lol

I agree, I don't think that the lift "looks" fake at all...other than the relative ease of the press...I can't say that the video is fake...and who's to say he can't bench 615 lb's (as listed on his personal website) or close the # 3 CoC (also listed on his website)there are more people than just mainstream lifters that can move huge weights...I've witnessed several lifts by "regular guys" that are amazing including:

515 lb incline bench for 5 reps, by just some guy at the gym

600 lb flat bench for 1, by my friend Brandon

315 lb straight bar curl for 3 reps, by another friends Stepdad

Sorry if I got off topic...

I can believe it. The bench record at my old high school was 550 and our coach was a stickler about technique. Touch and go was fine but no bouncing and had to be full lockout. There's a lot of genetic freaks floating around out there. Jeremy Hoornstra and Nick Winters come to mind as guys who could probably do this as well.

There is a video of the late Nick Winters benching 600 for 3 reps. And they were very sloppy compared to this video. Go to Youtube and spend a few minutes reading the comments. There are several world class powerlifters who piped in on this fake video. All I can say is that "people in the know" get a good laugh at this video.

Take another look at it. Had the little kid spotting him NOT touched the bar at all it looks like he could of got at most 2 more reps. At least 1 anyway. So that would be 600 X 5 or 6. No powerlifter in the world has EVER done that. Are you guys actually believing this for a split second? Mendy, Kennelly, James Henderson couldn't do this and they are much heavier and specifically train for the bench press. Here is James Henderson with a 600 X 3. The last one went up pretty slow.

There is a video of the late Nick Winters benching 600 for 3 reps. And they were very sloppy compared to this video. Go to Youtube and spend a few minutes reading the comments. There are several world class powerlifters who piped in on this fake video. All I can say is that "people in the know" get a good laugh at this video.

Take another look at it. Had the little kid spotting him NOT touched the bar at all it looks like he could of got at most 2 more reps. At least 1 anyway. So that would be 600 X 5 or 6. No powerlifter in the world has EVER done that. Are you guys actually believing this for a split second? Mendy, Kennelly, James Henderson couldn't do this and they are much heavier and specifically train for the bench press. Here is James Henderson with a 600 X 3. The last one went up pretty slow.

Kazmaier and Hedlund have both done 5 or more reps with 600 lbs in seperate exhibiitons in the 1980's...but I am the first to say Andy Haman is definitely not on the same planet as those names...I just like to keep an open mind, and take people by their word...unless of course if they give me reason not to. So it's incredibly unlikely Andy Haman can really do this...but this is a fun discussion nonetheless. :tongue

Edited by Frank Pizzo

I don't believe it either. That looked way too easy. And what's a 12 year old kid going to do if he actually needs a spot with that kind of weight?

I'd like to see him run the NFL caliber 40 that he brags about too.

Andy's video was made as a tryout for some TV show. Of course someone would tend to stretch the truth a little bit in order to get a spot on the show. Andy has been offered very LARGE sums of money if he could replicate this feat again. We all know the answer. I actually saw him a couple weeks ago and he was much taller in person than I thought. Of course he had on the same ole moon boots. LOL.

The bar had some bend to it and you can hear the plates chatter. Maybe real. Maybe there are some light fake plates on it to take it down a bit but its got to be a lot of weight to affect the bar. I have done 300 and the bar did not really flex to the point I could see.

I've seen aluminum practice plates (for olympic lifting) that are the size of 45's dimension wise

but weigh 10 lbs.

Only thing I can say is if he was asked to duplicate the feat and couldn't

it casts serious doubt on the alleged original feat.

It's kind of like all the arm wrestlers in my career boasting 17 inch forearms

and when I drag out the tape as I did in Kansas City in 2009 all the sudden everyones

forearms shrank. LOL!!!

Wazzup Wes, good to see you!

Many of the bodybuilding magazines use fake weights to do photo shoots. My best guess is Andy most likely had on a legit 405 lbs or at best 495. The man is huge, there is no doubt, but not 600 X 6 huge. :)

Andy has been offered very LARGE sums of money if he could replicate this feat again. We all know the answer.

Where did you see this? Can you give a link?

Wazzup Wes, good to see you!

WES!:yikes Good to see you around buddy.

I don't know whether the video is fake or real. But I get the same feel of it being more on the fake side with a young kid walking around - like he's going to pull 600lbs off Andy.

Ok, I read through a lot of that, and it seems like basically a publicity stunt. He defends himself for awhile saying that he will replicate the lift at a contest for money, then begins to avoid the topic almost entirely. He thanks a few guys for helping that thread get a lot of attention, and says his DVD's are selling fast now. Another audition video for American Gladiators pops up, and it shows him bench pressing 495 for a double, and it wasn't even as easy as his 4 reps with "600".

Yeah, I just went through a few pages of that. Best stuff I read in awhile. I think this goes to show what all the lifting equipment has done to the world of powerlifting. People actually believe that a 255 pound man (Andy) could bang out 600 for 4 easy reps, with room for at least 1 or maybe 2 more reps. In a time of 900 & 1000 pound bench presses, equipped of course, a plain ole' 405 bench press hardly gets a 2nd look.

There have been some HUGE, genetically gifted, roided out to the max, lifters to come along in the last 40 years and in all reality the bench press record hasn't moved very much at all. Kaz hit a 661 in a t-shirt back in the 80's. Than Ted came along and hit a 666. Or even go back to big Jim Williams who was red lighted on a 675 I believe. Fast forward a few decades and the record has climbed up to 711 and than a 715. And that doesn't even take into consideration slight rule changes along the way. Could Mendy have done the 715 with his feet flat on the floor, keeping his head flat on the bench, and a slightly longer pause as Kaz had to do?

But anyway.... that thread above was a great read. A lot of world class powerlifters chimed in on Andy's claim. A lot of money was offered. Nothing ever developed. :whacked

Thanks for posting the link...I read through it and clearly what we suspected is true...of course he is not that strong...I wonder what goes through peoples minds when they are trying to pass off fake lifts as real...he just made himself look silly by claiming those things...but of course he is a BODYBUILDER, and bodybuilders and bodybuilding publications aren't exactly known for their accurate and truthfull journalism...lol...STRICTLY ENTERTAINMENT...

I don't know if it's real. But he says he's done 615max I can believe that. repping 600x4 is a whole different story. I think there has been a lot of goofing around with benchpress records.

I have seen a lot of movies of bench press records. Here are some heavier claims I stumbled upon while watching Youtube.

Look at this. Big John studd the wrestler who is about 6'7 350 pounds of man mountain claiming 700 pounds absolutely raw in the bench press in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj6uMfxStGU <obviously fake to some people but I'm curious I mean Big John studd is obviously very powerfull so he maybe could really do 700? The plates look real to me, what do you guys think?

Or Dino bravo the wrestler is doing 655pounds and failing at 715pounds (spotter lifting) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igXhRn8AMrE. Dino Bravo claimed the world strongest man title and is very strong and these weights look real.

And here is the best bench shirted presser in the world playing with 600pounds raw and doing 680pounds raw

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xdZdrg7sVk. And mendelson has done 715 raw, so what do you think? Do you think Big John Studd can outpress some of the top bench pressers while having, what looks like, much left in the tank???? Edited by tukkergrip

Oh, the Big John Studd video. Yeah, that ones real. :erm

I think it's fake too (the big john stud lift), look at the rubber plates but I just want to see reactions. I mean you gotta know someone is powerfull when his freaking arms are as thick as Mcmahons body and he throws 300lb people around like dolls.