• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timstruse

• jpmmkrahling

• rico300zx

• MANTHOS

Thanks! The holds for time out of the rack really helped. My grippers jumped up since I started the DO, so I'm going to keep doing it. Mike, hope that elbow heals up.

i noticed the same thing

Guest Bullitt

Thanks! The holds for time out of the rack really helped. My grippers jumped up since I started the DO, so I'm going to keep doing it. Mike, hope that elbow heals up.

Thanks Tim. I hope so too.

When I first started training grip, all I did was grippers and high rep DO deadlifts. Very few things are better for giving you a great crush than DO deads. Especially if you increase the time under tension with rack holds, etc. I swear by them. Brad Ardry does as well.

Awesome job, Tim!

I notice 1" bar movements that are wholly supported by grip strength have really good carry over to grippers, like DB rows and stuff. Training pretty much the same ROM.

I did 475 DO on my olympic bar when Mikek and worked out last week but we didn't record it.

Rico

I did 475 DO on my olympic bar when Mikek and worked out last week but we didn't record it.

Rico

Nice lift Rico!

13-02-2010 DO DEADLIFTS: 463x1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2KOluZkjE

Nice! I've seen what you can put overhead, so just get your elbows under it and you'll have a 463 C&J.

Thanks Tim!

13-02-2010 DO DEADLIFTS: 463x1 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gE2KOluZkjE

Strong lifting Manthos! :mosher

Thanks Jason!

Rico

Strong.....as always!

Guest Bullitt

So freakin close. I should have just locked it out and hoped the floor held up if I dropped it. Left felt like it slipped a bit and I didn't want to drop it through the floor so I aborted. All in all, pretty happy with this though. 90lbs more than I was deadlifting just a few months ago and I'm pretty sure this goes easy with mixed grip. May be closer to 500 than I think with mixed grip. Guess not working grip at all for that last few weeks has cost me a bit of support grip. This elbow needs to get better.

Had a good looking pull going there Mike. The millisecond that grip starts to slip, it causes you to instantly slow or stop pulling. So yes, you would have ripped that up no problem with a mixed grip. No doubt you are very close or at 500 with a mixed grip.

I pooped the bed totally tonight. Was fired up for 3 sets of 3 reps with 455 (deadlift), then had to drive the kids to the rink just after my warm-up sets. Half an hour later, I jumped right into 455 and it felt like 1000. Next 2 sets went better, but my momentum was killed. I wonder if Derek Poundstone or Mark Felix have to drop their training to drive the kids around??

AND I missed the Sprint Cup qualifying runs...

Brent.

So who's the guy in the vid? You know, the one with the hair and beard going on... wink.gif

Very nice effort, Mike. 'So close' is right - I'm sure the guy below appreciates it but I know you've had to cut stuff short sometimes to be a good neighbor. Good thing you have grip-togethers and comps so you can go all out! Can't imagine that you don't have 500 in you with mixed grip already if you can get 470 up with DO...? You'll have 500 DO soon enough as it is.

I'd join in if I'd get a .5 gender coefficient! I missed 245lbs DO above the knees this week. Oh, well - I'll just live vicariously through you guys... laugh.gif

Edited by xengym

So freakin close. I should have just locked it out and hoped the floor held up if I dropped it. Left felt like it slipped a bit and I didn't want to drop it through the floor so I aborted. All in all, pretty happy with this though. 90lbs more than I was deadlifting just a few months ago and I'm pretty sure this goes easy with mixed grip. May be closer to 500 than I think with mixed grip. Guess not working grip at all for that last few weeks has cost me a bit of support grip. This elbow needs to get better.

Soooooooooooo close Mike!

Rico

Nice lift Rico!

Rico

Strong.....as always!

Thanks!