Race To 500 Lb Do Deadlift

jpmmkrahling

Something for you grip guys, 500 lb DO Deadlist. I know there area a couple of you guys out there that will find this interesting. Just post your PR and lets get going

My best is 475, but that was about 6 months ago, and i have not done any DL since.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timstruse

• jpmmkrahling

• rico300zx

• MANTHOS

Something for you grip guys, 500 lb DO Deadlist. I know there area a couple of you guys out there that will find this interesting. Just post your PR and lets get going

My best is 475, but that was about 6 months ago, and i have not done any DL since.

I'm in! 450lbs is my max. So cool i can do this in the same time as the deadlift race i'm in.

Guest Bullitt

I'm in. Pulled 445 DO Sunday. I have done DO rack pulls from knee height with 500, I just can't pull 500 yet. :blush

I've been dying to get into one of these DL contests, but was too weak. Now that there is a grip element involved I have a shot. Great idea Mike!

I'm in. Haven't pulled heavy DO with this gripper stuff recently but I'll know where I'm at next Wed.

Great idea for a race - I'm in. I'm scheduled to pull heavy tonight so I'll also test my DO, I'm guessing it'll be around 450.

Guest Bullitt

This is great! Everyone is within 20 - 30 lbs of each other. Although I think Frank is probably able to pull 500 DO right now. His grip is stronger than mine and he can pull over 500, so...

Any particular rules? No hook grip, just chalk, and winning 500lb DO pull on video sound good?

This is great! Everyone is within 20 - 30 lbs of each other. Although I think Frank is probably able to pull 500 DO right now. His grip is stronger than mine and he can pull over 500, so...

Any particular rules? No hook grip, just chalk, and winning 500lb DO pull on video sound good?

Sounds like good rules to me. Belts do not play a factor because this is all about grip strength. Should be fun. I'm going to start tonight and see how much i have lost.

Set my baseline today: 445 came up easy, 475 slipped out just short of lockout. Let's do this!

Guest Bullitt

Nice job Tim. The question now becomes, can I get my deadlift over 500 lbs before you guys can get your grip over 500 lbs. :shifty

I expect to hear any minute now that Frank pulled 500 DO. :rolleyes

Nice job Tim. The question now becomes, can I get my deadlift over 500 lbs before you guys can get your grip over 500 lbs. :shifty

I expect to hear any minute now that Frank pulled 500 DO. :rolleyes

Agreed. I can already imagine his post - "just ate some chinese food and drank some coffee and warmed up with 500DO, no belt no chalk." We should limit this race to humans - sorry, Frank.

Baseline is set for me also. I pulled 455 to a full lock out, and then got 475 a couple inches off the ground. Not too bad considering i have not done any real DL for a couple of months (except for some one hand thick bar for gripmas)

This is getting me back into it, thank you guys for joining, a little comp always helps me

Baseline is set for me also. I pulled 455 to a full lock out, and then got 475 a couple inches off the ground. Not too bad considering i have not done any real DL for a couple of months (except for some one hand thick bar for gripmas)

This is getting me back into it, thank you guys for joining, a little comp always helps me

Nice job Mike!

Not sure about you, but I'm surprised by the level of soreness in my forearm flexors after just a couple DO pulls on Wed. It usually takes quite a bit more to produce such a deep soreness.

Guest Bullitt

I always pull DO, so I'm pretty used to it by now. I think it's one of the things that has really helped me the most on grippers. DO on a heavy oly bar is like a beyond the range overcrush with a heavy gripper. Plus you have the dynamic effects of the lift thrown in. When I first got into gripping I was doing deads and milk instead of squats and milk for a few months. That and grippers were all I did for months and went from HG250 to a BBE in a few months. Brad Ardrey (3rd at Gripmas) credits a lot of his gripper strength to heavy DO oly deads.

Also do DO grip on all my heavy rows. A 5 rep set with 300 will smoke the forearms. :mosher

I always pull DO, so I'm pretty used to it by now. I think it's one of the things that has really helped me the most on grippers. DO on a heavy oly bar is like a beyond the range overcrush with a heavy gripper. Plus you have the dynamic effects of the lift thrown in. When I first got into gripping I was doing deads and milk instead of squats and milk for a few months. That and grippers were all I did for months and went from HG250 to a BBE in a few months. Brad Ardrey (3rd at Gripmas) credits a lot of his gripper strength to heavy DO oly deads.

Also do DO grip on all my heavy rows. A 5 rep set with 300 will smoke the forearms. :mosher

I also always pull DO,it's one of my favourite things that I do for the grip. :)

Nice job Mike!

Not sure about you, but I'm surprised by the level of soreness in my forearm flexors after just a couple DO pulls on Wed. It usually takes quite a bit more to produce such a deep soreness.

I guess i'm lucky, no soreness from the DO, mayby its all the kettlebell work i still do? Only sorness i have had is my wrist, but thats from the sledge at gripmas, i just don't let it heal enough i guess

I tried adding in some KB farmers walks last night. Nothing great, just 30 sec walk 15 sec rest for 4 sets. 88 lb in one hand & 70 in the other (switching each set) i figure that is a great way to fry my grip at the end of a workout. And i think it will help with this DO race, hopefully!!!

Some great DO strength here guys. The best I ever did prior to getting my bicep tendon fixed was 425 and it was a struggle. Best so far since the repair is 315x10 which feels good, but I don't want to push it. Historically, when I feel my grip weaken, I tend to bend my elbows, loading the biceps. That isn't a good idea yet. It seems some aspects of my grip are strong, but I have to build up the strength in my crushing grip.

Very impressed with the 455.

mike in strongman hitching is allowed in the DO, since ive never been to a contest is this a prob in a DO deadlift on a grip race? is any one here doing hitching for this race?

rico

Guest Bullitt

Welcome Manthos! I think hitching might relieve some of the stress on the hands, so i think it should be without hitching. But I will let Mike K decide.

Welcome Manthos! I think hitching might relieve some of the stress on the hands, so i think it should be without hitching. But I will let Mike K decide.

i agree with you but i was just wondering what others were doing.

rico

I think hitching undermines the whole purpose of the race. My 2c

Forgive my ignorance but what's hitching? Just another name for hooking?

Ah! Resting it on your thighs and pulling it back, not up.